Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #301  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Hi All, I'm finally ready to pop in here. I was 100% my first round of loss where I lost 85 pounds. I phased off to adjust to my new size and just was never able to get back on plan with any level of commitment. It's why I will harp on people not to phase off for a weekend event! I'm doing alternatives because I've realized I just don't feel good with the whey protein.

Anyway, I'm back on track and ready to stay the course even though I know I will be faced with a challenge of knee surgery on the 7th. The good thing is the bumm knee will keep me from trying to exercise too much.

WUV, I can help but notice you weigh less than I do. I hope you will take this with all the love and respect that is intended, but I intend to at least keep pace with you now!
I'll take it with love....will keep me going
Old 04-29-2012, 01:48 AM   #302  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

My eating schedule has been a bit whacky this weekend. I have not been hungry and have to remind myself to eat. Today got away from me and I forgot my lunchtime veggies. Succeeded on eating 4 cups of veggies and 6ozs of lean ground beef, as a salad topped with IP BBQ Soynuts...it took about 45 mins, but I got it all in, which I think is very important.

Two of my three children are attending prom tonight and the other is off on an adventure- hiking and watching kayakers shoot waterfalls. They are all having a blast. Hope I can sleep well...they are 18 now, so I don't worry, right?
Old 04-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 178/144/135

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I'm not gonna lie Crustybuns....hunger was on my journey. Some days there some days not....I like tea on those hunger days! . Since you're a Canuck...can I recommend chocolately chai from superstore, or celestial seasoning Bengal (got mine at Safeway) spice OR vanilla nut from Stash (got it at a bulk barn).

These are my favorites...I've even chugged a bottle of water and gone to bed early...although that time I think it was to avoid emotional eating.

Its work...this diet...but soooo worth it!

Marion welcome to the thread......remind us on the 7th so we can send you some strong healing thoughts!

Thanks a bunch Ishbel... I have in the past used tea as a craving subsider... works well and had 2 cups tonight too. Tues is my weigh day... still feeling super pumped about going... man that is so strange lol. But Ideal has given me my sass back. Continue to enjoy the weekend peeps.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #304  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Happy Sunday all... I spent most of yesterday doing yard work again... Woke up kinda sore in my abs... Anyways as it gets nicer and the pollen starts floating around I get all stuffy... Ugh.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustybuns View Post
So I'm almost at the end of my 3rd week... all has been going good. No headaches or any other complaints... but today I was so hungry that I had to have an extra this afternoon... it wasn't a craving, actually hunger. I am just hoping that this isn't going to be a regular occurance.

W1 -9.5
W2 -3.0

I had noticed on another thread someone who was in around the 3rd week had felt really hungry so had 4 packages on two different days. She had been worried about the weigh-in but did just as well as she had done on her first two.

I think if it is real hunger you are dealling with having the occasional extra package really helps and keeps your body from going into starvation mode.

Pat
Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #306  

Height: 5'7

I'm new here and so proud to be 100% on this plan! Totally loving it and all of the great progress I'm having!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #307  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soootiff View Post
I'm new here and so proud to be 100% on this plan! Totally loving it and all of the great progress I'm having!
Welcome to the IP family!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #308  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

I started in March and other than Easter Day, which turned out to be more like "Eater Day" - I was and since have been 100% OP (first time post on this 100% thread - I hope I qualify!). Some days I don't get hungry at all - other days, for no reason I feel ravenous! I have found something very satisfying that has always worked to get me past the hunger. I make a little extra coffee in the morning, and when it is cooled down, to about 10 oz I add 2 Splenda packs and lots of ice. A yummy iced coffee! It realy hits the spot and takes the hunger away!

Last edited by 3sisters; 04-29-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #309  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

It's funny how quickly I forgot the fine line this diet is between feeling great and feeling exhausted. Before lunch, I had no energy left. But now, 30 minutes after having eaten, I feel so much better---which is good because I have to go meet with a couple of families regarding funerals and I don't need a fuzzy head for those! I know much of this is that this is only my 5th day back on plan and it does get better. On the other hand, I'm positive I'll be enjoying a bigger than usual weight loss this week!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #310  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Omg, I had to remember to use my "indoor voice" responding to that cheating thread. Props to New Englander (another of my maintainer examples) for the direct response, curious to see how cheating works out in the long run, this program is pretty clear on that. 100% and proud!
Glad to see a lot of you are upset about that cheating thread... I was surprised more people hadn't ripped into her but and glad to know that people are upset bit holding their tongues. this diet is a lot about will power and reading that weakened mine. not enough to cheat!!! But it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #311  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
Glad to see a lot of you are upset about that cheating thread... I was surprised more people hadn't ripped into her but and glad to know that people are upset bit holding their tongues. this diet is a lot about will power and reading that weakened mine. not enough to cheat!!! But it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Holding my tongue STILL....the more I read on it the more I get upset. There are a few that have posted on there saying its not a one fits all program. IF you follow the program it works because that is the way it was designed if you start to "tweeking" the program you won't get the same results. I am not posting on there because then they will say I was judging which I am not. If she or anyone else wants to "cheat" and "plan cheat days" that is on them. I am committed 100% to sticking to the program THE CORRECT way....the way it was designed and will continue to do so until the end!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #312  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Holding my tongue STILL....the more I read on it the more I get upset. There are a few that have posted on there saying its not a one fits all program. IF you follow the program it works because that is the way it was designed if you start to "tweeking" the program you won't get the same results. I am not posting on there because then they will say I was judging which I am not. If she or anyone else wants to "cheat" and "plan cheat days" that is on them. I am committed 100% to sticking to the program THE CORRECT way....the way it was designed and will continue to do so until the end!
Its funny how even though it is making us upset we are still keeping up on the posts!
I can't help myself and continue checking and reading it!!! Haha. I guess it is good to know that I realize that what most of the people in that thread are saying is a joke. Cheat days are unacceptable and I really hope new folks don't get the wrong idea.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

DH & I were at our first outdoor art show of the year this weekend in NJ. I forgot how much work an outdoor show is - putting up a tent, manning the booth and breaking down all in one day. I pulled into the driveway at exactly midnight last night and I am still pretty tired.

I ended up having an extra shake on the drive back last night - even after a nice dinner, I was really hungry by 10pm and had 2 more hours to drive. I figured that all the work to set up and being on my feet most of the day constituted exercise and required a tasty chocolate RTD.

I had to laugh at the start of the show. An artist friend who we only see at a handful of shows each year stopped by the booth. Shortly after saying hello, she blurted out "You sure are skinny!" over and over.... LOL....me....skinny..... well one of these days.... She sure did make me blush.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #314  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
Sadly the bottom line is I think many of those who are supporting the poster will not last on IP. If one is cheating so early on it just doesn't bode well for their future OP.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Good morning!

Jelly - your new picture sure is purty - I just had to say that.

Jelly , Dana, Wuv and everyone else -

There has been quite a bit of discussion about shaking things up on various threads. When I go in on Wednesday for my WI, I want to discuss a shakeup with my coach. I have been bouncing around the same number for several weeks - not making much progress. I was advised quite a while ago that it was ok to eat P2 on occasion and when we travel I do, but I think my body needs something else.

Should I move fully to P2? I wouldn't mind jumping to P3 like you did Wuv - I say hi to the blueberries when in the grocery store. What other suggestions have coaches made when your body needed to be goosed? I would like to be able to discuss some options that my coach might not have thought about.

In order to stir up the IP wisdom on this thread, I really want to yell something similar to "Wonder Twin Powers - Activate", but I am very afraid that I would date myself and only hear crickets. TIA everyone. Have a marvelous day!
Closed Thread