Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennance View Post
This website is so helpful and encouraging. This is my first post. I'm on week 3 of Ideal Protein. Husband and I are doing it together. I seem to have a TERRIBLE upset stomach from some of the packets...mushroom soup, potato puree (among others, not always sure which). Not to give TMI, but I have bad gas and frequent loose stools -- multiple times daily. I've given it 3 weeks to see if my stomach would adjust, but it hasn't.

My coach says I may be allergic to whey, soy, or milk protein. I've never had a problem with "real" food. Problem is, there is no ingredient list in the packets so I don't know what packets are making my stomach ill and what to avoid.

1. Has anyone had this problem before? What did you do?
2. I tried finding ingredients in the IP packets on this site but can't. If this is posted somewhere, could someone kindly provide a link?

Thank you!
I did this for the first 4-5 weeks of the diet. I was constantly nauseated. My coach said it's not that uncommon, and said they usually don't start worrying about it until 6-8 weeks in, unless it's to the point where the person can't eat or is vomiting. I did have a couple days where I missed a packet because I was so sick to my stomach, but other than that, I pushed through and one day it just magically went away!

Also, another thing my coach told me, is that this diet lowers the effectiveness of birth control because the protein messes with hormones. She said she's coached a few women who where on BC while doing the diet and got pregnant! She asked me if I was pregnant.....thankfully, no chance of that! HA! I don't know if it would be for you, but it's something to consider!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Our coach told my daughter she only needed to do phase 2 for one week, which I was kind of surprised by since my coach is totally by the book. However she was right, because my daughter's weight had stalled big time on phase 1 and then no loss on phase 2 either. Once she switched to phase 3 the scale went down 2 pounds. She has one more week of phase 3, but may stay on it longer depending if the scale moves down anymore this week. When she started IP she wanted to weight 100lbs, but at 105 her body fat is 17%, and I told her I think that should be her goal rather then what the scale says. She is thin now and looks great. As I think you were the one who said, "Stick a fork in it, I'm done." LOL. I think that applies to my daughter too.
Good memory I am the one that said that!!!

Good for your daughter! What a great weight loss!!!

Fortunately my losses haven't stalled, which is good 'cause my belly fat needs to get lost! Otherwise I also look skinny...(Size 8 and still can't believe it.)

I'll play next week by how I feel...and move on to P3 when I want to and not by the IP schedule... (feel a little naughty)..hehehe...
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 231/185/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
This website is so helpful and encouraging. This is my first post. I'm on week 3 of Ideal Protein. Husband and I are doing it together. I seem to have a TERRIBLE upset stomach from some of the packets...mushroom soup, potato puree (among others, not always sure which). Not to give TMI, but I have bad gas and frequent loose stools -- multiple times daily. I've given it 3 weeks to see if my stomach would adjust, but it hasn't.

My coach says I may be allergic to whey, soy, or milk protein. I've never had a problem with "real" food. Problem is, there is no ingredient list in the packets so I don't know what packets are making my stomach ill and what to avoid.

2. I tried finding ingredients in the IP packets on this site but can't. If this is posted somewhere, could someone kindly provide a link?

Thank you!
I had this problem when I ate the Broccoli Cheese soup, my favorite, of course. I finally figured out it was only when I ate this I had several loose stools and was misearable, so I didn't have it for probably 8 weeks. I just tried it again last week and was fine. I would say just cut out the ones that are causing you issues and introduce them back in after awhile. listen to your coach's advice first of course

Hope things get better!
Shay
Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #49  

Hi, sorry about your food issues...but man what I wouldn't give for some toilet activity!!!

I had problems with their soups and other items (itchy watery eyes etc) and stuck with their Chocolate drink and Double Chocolate Bar...I'm very happy with my choice. I believe it was their Soy Protein that caused me problems.

My coach's boss helped me determine the common ingredient in the IP items that were causing me problems. I returned all my introductory packets and exchanged them for the two items I mentioned above...
Old 04-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #50  

Thank you!

Hi, sorry about your food issues...but man what I wouldn't give for some toilet activity!!!

I had problems with their soups and other items (itchy watery eyes etc) and stuck with their Chocolate drink and Double Chocolate Bar...I'm very happy with my choice. I believe it was their Soy Protein that caused me problems.

My coach's boss helped me determine the common ingredient in the IP items that were causing me problems. I returned all my introductory packets and exchanged them for the two items I mentioned above...[/QUOTE]
Old 04-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #51  

[QUOTE=New Englander;4279134]Originally Posted by Bennance View Post

Thank you!
__________________________________________________ ____

My coach's boss helped me determine the common ingredient in the IP items that were causing me problems. I returned all my introductory packets and exchanged them for the two items I mentioned above...
Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #52  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I think that is the case for a lot of us. Here I am down 79 pounds, and the only comments I get are from people who already know I am on a diet. I think others I only know casually don't say anything because they don't know what the reason is that I'm a lot thinner. I realized that yesterday when I met this woman for the first time, and in our conversation I mentioned I had lost a lot of weight. She wanted to know if I did it to lose weight or have I been sick. When she said that it made me realize that those I know only casually (and don't know I'm on a diet) may wonder the same thing, so better not to say anything at all.
I've had the opposite reaction. Everyone comments in my weightloss. Maybe folks in Louisiana are just more willing to ask than people in other places or maybe they're just noisier. LOL! I get, "You're shrinking," a lot, and I've had lots of people ask me how I'm losing the weight. A few have even started ideal protein after talking to me. I'm always happy to share.

I really thought that having people comment on my weightloss would bother me because I'm a very private person, but it doesn't. I love IP and want to spread the word.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #53  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
I've had a turkey dog....but only one. It didn't affect my losses, but I was BLOATED the next day. I wasn't sure if it was acceptable or not, and still don't know for sure, but for me the way I felt the next day, it wasn't worth it. I assume it's from the sodium.
thanks! i had the one the other day and felt bad afterwards
Old 04-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #54  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Nothing like a 20 minute workplace massage to brighten up a Tuesday! I haven't had one in a few weeks since I've been on travel & don't walk by her station on my way to the caf (since I bring my IP lunch now). She gave me a nice 'pick me up' compliment on my weight loss...and a great massage!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 328/280/245

Height: 6'4

I have a question. I was wondering how long i should wait before hittinh the gym? I have been on the program for 5 weeks now. I have lost a total of 46 lbs. and really happy with my results. But I want to workout and not sure if i should or not on phase 1. And if so how much should i work out? If anyone can help that would be awesome!!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 240/180/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by repomike View Post
I have a question. I was wondering how long i should wait before hittinh the gym? I have been on the program for 5 weeks now. I have lost a total of 46 lbs. and really happy with my results. But I want to workout and not sure if i should or not on phase 1. And if so how much should i work out? If anyone can help that would be awesome!!
I had the same question last week. I decided to join a gym and phase it in gradually. I went twice last week for 30 minutes each time. It was difficult to stop because I feel so much better with my new body and want to move. Even with the added exercise, I lost 6 pounds last week!

I plan to phase in more exercise as I near my goal (every 10 lbs add time or another day).

Some people work out every day and they are having great losses. It really depends on what your body can handle. Try it out and see what works for you. You need to remember to add an extra IP packet on days that you work out... that is very important or you risk going into starvation mode.

Good luck and congratulations on the great losses so far!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 197/181/140

Height: 5'2

Hey All,

Rissimo sorry will all that your going through but remenber you can weather it through this time of grief and stress. You are very strong

As for me, ho hum Tuesday but I had a meeting next wall street in a very fancy building which made me think of the show Mad Men I love that show!!

I weighed in and I lost another 4 lbs my Boyfriend lost 10lb we are both very happy with our results. BUT, by no means am I done I have lost about 30% of the weight I desired 16 pounds of the 53 i wanna lose so I have long way to go then i`m gonna keep it off

Woo !!! enjoy your day everyone!!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Rissimo sadly these credit card/bank account issues are all too common these days, and it's happened to us too. Starting to think cash really is king. I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's friend. You however look great and I know in times of stress we want to fall back on those comfort foods. Good job in resisting.

I'm strange in that when I get stressed I can't eat at all. This happened to me yesterday as it was an extremely stressful day. We found out yesterday my husband needs a heart procedure for a genetic condition we just found out about, and while in that appointment I got a call saying I need a needle biopsy for some calcification they found on my mammogram. I so didn't need that all in one day. I was a wreak yesterday, and just pretty much shut down. Today I'm doing better and know my husband and I will both be fine. Pain in the neck when life happens.
Dana,
I'm sorry to hear all of this. What stress! My thoughts are with you.

Congrats on the weight loss.
Chloe
Old 04-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:

Thank you!
Ingredients are on the sides of the boxes. Ask your coach if you can xerox the sides of the boxes or if she would do that for you.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 328/280/245

Height: 6'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanmary View Post
I had the same question last week. I decided to join a gym and phase it in gradually. I went twice last week for 30 minutes each time. It was difficult to stop because I feel so much better with my new body and want to move. Even with the added exercise, I lost 6 pounds last week!

I plan to phase in more exercise as I near my goal (every 10 lbs add time or another day).

Some people work out every day and they are having great losses. It really depends on what your body can handle. Try it out and see what works for you. You need to remember to add an extra IP packet on days that you work out... that is very important or you risk going into starvation mode.

Good luck and congratulations on the great losses so far!
Thanks for your help Mary!
Closed Thread