Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #31  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!

rissimo - I've heard SOOOO many stories of debit cards gone bad. I just won't use one. I have a regular ATM card for getting cash out, and then credit cards for everything else. Praying that this all gets sorted quickly for you and you get your money back asap. I just hate that there are people in the world who are so unscrupulous and steal from others...

I agree, that Icathinme said it loud and clear when she said "We may not have control over the things that happen to us, but at least now we have control over what we do to comfort ourselves....control over food"! So true, and important to REMEMBER!

Lots of good WI news (and off the record scale stepping!)! I need the whoosh fairy to come visit me, Tripmama, but I guess slow and steady will do... WI this afternoon. Thought I was off today, but found out yesterday that I was on the schedule to work today, but I should be OK to get to my WI on time.

Prayers sent, Dana for all that's going on with your/DH's health.

Oh, and I have a ticker now!! Whoo hoo!!

Last edited by momof2greatcats; 04-03-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I think that is the case for a lot of us. Here I am down 79 pounds, and the only comments I get are from people who already know I am on a diet. I think others I only know casually don't say anything because they don't know what the reason is that I'm a lot thinner. I realized that yesterday when I met this woman for the first time, and in our conversation I mentioned I had lost a lot of weight. She wanted to know if I did it to lose weight or have I been sick. When she said that it made me realize that those I know only casually (and don't know I'm on a diet) may wonder the same thing, so better not to say anything at all.
You both make a good point about people fearing that we are losing due to illness. Doggonit though, it would be nice to hear a few compliments! Oh well, guess the main reason I HAVE lost weight is due to illness, or rather due to NOT wanting to become ill with diabetes, heart disease, and wanting to get rid of PAIN from carrying the extra load.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

I'm in week one of P2 and should be reach goal this week. I stuck out P1 for an additional week to get that much closer to goal..now I want to cut P2 by a week to get to my 2 weeks of P3 (which I know I can't cut)...I'm thinking of doing my 2nd week of P2 for as many days as I can and then move to P3 when I think I've had it...I know my TOMis coming up and every time this happens I get such strong cravings and it makes this diet a real struggle...I've always been 100% OP and as I get closer to the end it's getting more difficult!!!

Is there an icon for pulling out hair??? This is how I feel:

Old 04-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Good morning everyone;
After being on the plan for 8 weeks, I stepped on the scale this morning and am down 31 lbs. I can't believe it. I am like the incredible shrinking woman and loving every moment of it. People are starting to say nice things, I was afraid no one was noticing, but I think they are just afraid to say anything just incase I am losing because of sickness.... Anyways won't move my ticker until Saturday morning for the official WI. I love this program!!!!
that is awesome... way to go !!!!

Last edited by lilone1357; 04-03-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Hang ing there Rissimo. I noticed when you first started taking pics you were not smiling now you have a beautiful smile. Sorry to hear of you husbands friend, pray for peace for the family.

It is so great to hear all the positive on the website and it is nice to be able to hear the trials it helps us and sometimes gives us a chance to uplift someone else.

And if you girls get on the Dr. Oz post it on here so we know to tape it. That would be so awesome.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #36  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I'm in week one of P2 and should be reach goal this week. I stuck out P1 for an additional week to get that much closer to goal..now I want to cut P2 by a week to get to my 2 weeks of P3 (which I know I can't cut)...I'm thinking of doing my 2nd week of P2 for as many days as I can and then move to P3 when I think I've had it...I know my TOMis coming up and every time this happens I get such strong cravings and it makes this diet a real struggle...I've always been 100% OP and as I get closer to the end it's getting more difficult!!!

Is there an icon for pulling out hair??? This is how I feel:

Our coach told my daughter she only needed to do phase 2 for one week, which I was kind of surprised by since my coach is totally by the book. However she was right, because my daughter's weight had stalled big time on phase 1 and then no loss on phase 2 either. Once she switched to phase 3 the scale went down 2 pounds. She has one more week of phase 3, but may stay on it longer depending if the scale moves down anymore this week. When she started IP she wanted to weight 100lbs, but at 105 her body fat is 17%, and I told her I think that should be her goal rather then what the scale says. She is thin now and looks great. As I think you were the one who said, "Stick a fork in it, I'm done." LOL. I think that applies to my daughter too.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,

Another beautiful morning here in Tennessee, and it supposed to be 85 again today. I am so enjoying this weather. It was a rough week last week. Wednesday I found a charge in my account for $1000.00 to WalMart.com that I did not do. I called the bank and they put a flag on it and told me that it would not go thru. Well Thursday morning I checked again and I had cleared and cleaned my account out and gave me a really good overdraft fee as well. I called WalMart.com and they found the order under my name and all they could tell me was that it went to MA. I had to fill out forms and send proof of my identity, police report and affidavid from the bank and after the review they will give me a report as to what was purchased and the address it went to. And who knows how long it will take. I still have not heard from a Investigator from the Sherriff's Department to investigate my report. I go to church with a Regional Manager of WalMart and I asked him if there was any way that he could go to there and find out anything and he said that with the new privacy laws he can no longer to that. But he did tell me that it went to either a business address or private address. That if it went to another store it would show on my bank statement as sitetostore not WalMart.com. I was so hopeing that it went to another store and he would beable to find out where and call them and have ther person arrested on site when they came to pick up thier order.

The bank stated that the charges were just on my debt card and they cancelled it and issued another one. I have no idea how they obtained my information, as I still had the card on me. And the bank is stating that it will take 10-14 days to get my money back. Needless to say I am having to call my creditors and explain what has happened and why I cannot pay them this week. And I don't know when I will have my money back. Geesh, you hear about this all the time and think that you are protecting yourself. It really sucks.

Then Thursday morning my husband gets a phone call that a good friend had passed away in his sleep the night before. And they don't know why. So last night we were at his funeral.

Needless to say it was not a good week at all and I wanted to give in last week and enjoy some oreo cookies and milk soooo bad, and some brownies I made for Ciera. But I didn't....which brings me to weigh in #20 and I am happy to report that another 3.2 pounds are gone.

Congratulations to all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL OP DAY!!!
Oh I know how stressful that is - it happened to me last summer. The only cards I had in my wallet was one credit card and my debit card, and both were used by somebody. I think they had one of those scanners that can read the info embedded in the card, from a short distance. I bought a wallet that is supposed to be lined in aluminum or something to prevent that.

Neither my bank or the credit card honored those charges, but it sure freaked me out. I felt like I had been robbed in my house.

That is so wonderful that despite this stress, you stayed OP. Good for you!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 132/132/120

Height: 5'2

This website is so helpful and encouraging. This is my first post. I'm on week 3 of Ideal Protein. Husband and I are doing it together. I seem to have a TERRIBLE upset stomach from some of the packets...mushroom soup, potato puree (among others, not always sure which). Not to give TMI, but I have bad gas and frequent loose stools -- multiple times daily. I've given it 3 weeks to see if my stomach would adjust, but it hasn't.

My coach says I may be allergic to whey, soy, or milk protein. I've never had a problem with "real" food. Problem is, there is no ingredient list in the packets so I don't know what packets are making my stomach ill and what to avoid.

1. Has anyone had this problem before? What did you do?
2. I tried finding ingredients in the IP packets on this site but can't. If this is posted somewhere, could someone kindly provide a link?

Thank you!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hello everybody! I am busy getting my house cleaned today. My older sister and her husband are coming to visit and stay the night, and she is one of the kindest people I know. Am really looking forward to seeing them.

Sorry to hear the troubles that folks are having, but really proud of how you've handled it.

Wuv, was it Dr. Oz that wanted stories about weight loss even if you weren't on WW, or another show? What show was it? Thanks...I really wanted to win that million bucks but I had already lost mine using IP.

Well, back to work for me...
Old 04-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #40  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennance View Post
This website is so helpful and encouraging. This is my first post. I'm on week 3 of Ideal Protein. Husband and I are doing it together. I seem to have a TERRIBLE upset stomach from some of the packets...mushroom soup, potato puree (among others, not always sure which). Not to give TMI, but I have bad gas and frequent loose stools -- multiple times daily. I've given it 3 weeks to see if my stomach would adjust, but it hasn't.

My coach says I may be allergic to whey, soy, or milk protein. I've never had a problem with "real" food. Problem is, there is no ingredient list in the packets so I don't know what packets are making my stomach ill and what to avoid.

1. Has anyone had this problem before? What did you do?
2. I tried finding ingredients in the IP packets on this site but can't. If this is posted somewhere, could someone kindly provide a link?

Thank you!
Welcome to the boards, which veggies are you eating? broccoli and cauliflower sometimes give others "gas". Just a suggestion. I will attach a PDF file if it will let me of ingredients for most of the packets, maybe that will help you out....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Ingredients%5B1%5D.pdf (489.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #41  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

are hot dogs permitted? we buy the turkey/chicken/pork ones
Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #42  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie773 View Post
Its not listed on the sheet so honestly I would say NOT allowed. Lots of preservatives in them but this is IMO only
Old 04-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie773 View Post
I've had a turkey dog....but only one. It didn't affect my losses, but I was BLOATED the next day. I wasn't sure if it was acceptable or not, and still don't know for sure, but for me the way I felt the next day, it wasn't worth it. I assume it's from the sodium.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #44  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

I'm excited - I just got an e-mail from Groupon for a veggie slicer that you can use to make spirals - Zucchini noodles here I come!!
$24 for a World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer ($49.88 Value)
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-plas...rce=uu22018440
I looked on amazon and it's well rated, and priced at $39, so this was a good deal!!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Thank you all so very much!! I am begining to feel thin and pretty like I used to. When I was younger I used to be a model, and I am begining to feel that I could do that agian (not that I would, cause I am getting too old). No I didn't smile very much at all, and now I can't stop. I love the way I am begining to look and feel. I am feeling so much better. I have more energy and I want to go out and do things with my husband again. I had gotten to the point that all I wanted to do is stay in the house and never go anywhere. That dress that I had on yesterday, DH bought that for me 15 years ago and had only worn it one time, and I was at least 20 pounds lighter than I am now. But I began to pack on the weight and never got to wear it again. I have had it hidden in my closet in hopes to get into it again and I had planned to give it away this year if I hadn't lost any weight, (before I started this plan). Good thing I kept it.

Thank you for the prayers and advice on my situation. It is really frustrating and I just want to find the person and string them up by thier toe nails and beat the living crap out of them. And then let anyone else they did this to, or anyone else who has had this done to them have a chance at them as well.

Dana-you and your husband are in my prayers. Keep us posted please.

I would like to thank each of you for your support, encouragement, scoldings, advice etc... since I have been coming here. You all are the best....I feel like I have another family. I don't think I would have made it this far if I didn't have you guys to talk to or to cry to. I honestly think we have one of the best support groups ever. Feelings may get hurt sometimes, and we may not always want to hear what gets said to us, but in the end, it is all said with love and encouragement because we do not want each other to fall or fail. We have all come to far for that to happen. In a nut shell.......................LUV YA'LL!!!!!!
Closed Thread