3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Wanting to start IP in Baton Rouge area. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/256140-wanting-start-ip-baton-rouge-area.html)

mylastdiet 04-02-2012 09:04 AM

Wanting to start IP in Baton Rouge area.

What are my location options for the Baton Rouge area? Is there only one and only place to go, or do I have options?
I really am motivated to get started, but the website's location finder isn't working.
I live in Baton Rouge, but am extremely close to both Ascension and Livingston parishes. I've also tried google. As with anything, I am sure success will depend on location, location, location. The right coach or the wrong coach can be the difference between success and failure.
I've tried the search option here, and see several people in my area, but no one has listed what clinics they use. Is this not allowed?
Sorry - newbie here - Just anxious to get started and looking for info.:carrot:

jenn04 04-02-2012 09:41 AM

Hey I live in Livingston Parish I went to BRfit off of Sherwood. Womans Hospital's wellness center also has the program. Hope this helps. I have been digging around on here and just ordered some alternative products also.

jenn04 04-02-2012 09:44 AM

PS when I wanted to start I could not get the website locator to work either so I started to google and even that took a while

mbw 04-02-2012 10:24 AM

Ideal Wellness on Government Street in BR. [email protected]
If that email doesn't work, inbox me. I have her personal email account, but I don't want to give it out for the whole world to see.

They don't charge consult fees or weekly visit fees. They work out of a dentist office, which is weird. Lol. They have a few rooms in the dentist office and you go in a side door so you don't have to go through the whole office.

mylastdiet 04-02-2012 11:24 AM

Thanks for the info! I never would have found this without your help! So, once I get started can I go to any location to get my products? I often drive past Woman's Fitness, but think a smaller place would offer more personal attention.
And MBW, I find the "side door entrance" option very intriguing! LOL! Seems scandalous and exciting! I know, I'm weird. I guess I read too many mystery novels.

wuv2bloved 04-02-2012 11:38 AM

I am soooo happy that there are more southern girls joining IP!!....I have a group on Facebook called Southern 3fc if y'all would like to join....just request it!! There are several Baton Rouge girls on it and we talk through the messengar on there through out the day :)

Paint Lady 04-02-2012 11:52 AM

I've had several friends go through Woman's. The coach is actually a nutritionist and they provide really insightful coaching. I went through a Dentist's office and my coach was horrible. Not the same one the other person mentioned though.

wuv2bloved 04-02-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paint Lady (Post 4277440)
I've had several friends go through Woman's. The coach is actually a nutritionist and they provide really insightful coaching. I went through a Dentist's office and my coach was horrible. Not the same one the other person mentioned though.

GIRL!!!....I am ALMOST fitting into some of that tub of clothes you gave me!!!...super excited about that too!!!!

Paint Lady 04-02-2012 12:05 PM

So glad for you Wuv! Too bad they are mostly all jeans, you will be to small to wear them when it gets cold again, lol!

mylastdiet 04-03-2012 11:11 AM

MBW - that email address is not a valid address. I cannot send you a Private Message because apparently I don't have permission to do that??? What dentist office is this and maybe I can figure this out.

WUV - Thanks for the welcome and the Facebook invite - I just sent a request this morning.

Jenn - Thanks for the location you mentioned. If I cannot make contact with the one on Government I will look into this one.

Paint Lady - What have your friends said about going through Woman's? My big concern with this local is this Fitness Center caters to a clientelle who, shall we say, are in a higher tax bracket than myself - LOL! I was worried I would be pushed to join the center or to buy more products and/or services than needed.

If all else fails - I have been researching these boards heavily for the past week and the Alternative option may not be such a bad way to go.

Just saying.....

Paint Lady 04-03-2012 11:21 AM

My friends that have gone to Woman's are not in the higher tax bracket group. They never mentioned feeling obligated to purchase anything else. If I were you, I would schedule appointments with a few different clinics and find someone that you feel comfortable with and who seems knowledgeable. There are lots of people who are successful using alternatives. I use them in maintenance. That said, I wouldn't trade using IP products while in phases 1-3, even for the benefit of cost. IP products are more filling, IMO, and getting into ketosis is hard and you already feel deprived. I don't know if I could have made it the first week on alternatives. The expense of IP was also a big deterent for cheating or going off plan at all. Kudos to those that start and finish with alternatives. Good luck with whatever you decide!

mbw 04-13-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylastdiet (Post 4278812)
MBW - that email address is not a valid address. I cannot send you a Private Message because apparently I don't have permission to do that??? What dentist office is this and maybe I can figure this out.

Sorry that I'm just getting back to you about the e-mail address. I tried sending you a message, but apparently you have to have posted 10 posts before they allow you to send a private message.

Try this e-mail address: [email protected]

mylastdiet 04-13-2012 11:34 AM

Thanks MBW, but I have already begun the program thru a different provider closer to my home. I had my consult Friday and began IP on Monday. Sooooo.....today is Day 5! I'm over the hump and feeling good.

mbw 04-17-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylastdiet (Post 4292146)
Thanks MBW, but I have already begun the program thru a different provider closer to my home. I had my consult Friday and began IP on Monday. Sooooo.....today is Day 5! I'm over the hump and feeling good.

Ok. Congrats and good luck!

naysha6 04-17-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylastdiet (Post 4277111)
What are my location options for the Baton Rouge area? Is there only one and only place to go, or do I have options?
I really am motivated to get started, but the website's location finder isn't working.
I live in Baton Rouge, but am extremely close to both Ascension and Livingston parishes. I've also tried google. As with anything, I am sure success will depend on location, location, location. The right coach or the wrong coach can be the difference between success and failure.
I've tried the search option here, and see several people in my area, but no one has listed what clinics they use. Is this not allowed?
Sorry - newbie here - Just anxious to get started and looking for info.:carrot:

I attend the CORE clinic near the Office Depot off Siegen Lane. Its a fairly new clinic they opened up off of I-10 & Siegen. You can actually see it from the I 10 interstate. I am pretty pleased with my coach. Good luck on the program.