Old 03-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I'm guilty of not gulping down my shakes but savoring them... Sometime starting the morning shake at 8 and not finishing until 10 (i add a lo of extra water- I don't like them thick). I eat salad at 12, shake at 2, supper at 5:30 and shake at 7:30pm. Basically I'm eating all day... Not even 3 hours between meal but I have nothing to eat for 12+ hours overnight. My weight loss has been pretty good on this schedule... Prooving that everyone is different and we should do whatever works!!
Journey36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Very interesting. Today is day 2 for me and yesterday I was so hungry after two hours of each protein but stuck to my guns, I'm hoping it will get easier as time goes by once I get into Ketotis.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #18  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up You've got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteinGal View Post
Very interesting. Today is day 2 for me and yesterday I was so hungry after two hours of each protein but stuck to my guns, I'm hoping it will get easier as time goes by once I get into Ketotis.
It does get easy- just stick with it. It works, seriously. This forum is awesome, use it often.
Tripmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I agree that it does get easier. Ketosis metabolism really helps with true hunger. You might be able to get a pattern of eating your meals going. That pattern and the lessened hunger due to ketosis really helped me. You have to sort of plow through the first several days and stick with it!
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Thanks for the welcome I work nights so this is the end of the day for me. It was much much better. Back in my mind I knew I had a back up IP drink incase I needed it, but haven't had to. I'm excited that I started this diet now.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider04 View Post
I was doing great too the first week, I weighed in at 9.8 lb loss. Now today I can't keep my finger out of the walden farm peanut butter jar!
Maybe use some celery with it? If you aren't over your veggie allowance?
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Drinking water helps and I use Mio flavored water (Mio - from grocery store by Crystal Light).
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Drinking water helps and I use Mio flavored water (Mio - from grocery store by Crystal Light).
My coach said Mio isn't part of the protocol so I've been drinking my water plain. I think when I'm done I may look into it!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I just wanted to thank New Englander for posting this thread.

After reading this last week I decided to switch things up.. I've been having some low losses lately.

Instead of eating every 2-3 hours, I extended it to 4-6 hours. I now eat breakfast at 6am, Lunch at 11am, Snack at 3pm and Dinner at 7pm. I found that when I ate every 3 hours I wanted more and more. When I extended it to 4 or more hours I was satiated and not hungry in between meals. When my stomach growled at me it was because I was thirsty and needed to drink water and NOT because I was hungry.

A couple other things I did was cut out soy sauce. I used to cook meat and veggie stir fries with a good tbsp or more of this stuff. No more. Too much sodium causes water retention.
I cut down to 2 tsp maximum of WF products per day. Some days i've had none at all this week as well as no splenda/stevia. We don't realize how much all those "extras" can add up!
I upped my water intake from 80 ounces per day to 1 gallon minimum.

On Saturday WI I was at 125.4 and this morning I weighed on my home scale at 123, which would be 122 on their scale. Since I'm getting close to goal this is a huge loss for me.. and I still have 2 full days until my WI on Saturday.

I wanted to share in case anyone else was thinking about switching up their routine and thanks again New Englander!

Edit: Just remembered I started going to bed when I felt tired instead of ignoring it. I have been feeling tired at around 8-9ish. I'm so used to going to bed at around 11 and midnight and have to get up at 5am. Now no matter the time I'll go to bed when I feel tired. Maybe more sleep has helped?

Last edited by CassiR; 04-19-2012 at 11:48 AM.
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

This is interesting...I have been finding that I get hungry every three hours on the dot and I'm so hungry I feel like I can't focus...because my coach told me to have four packets per day though, I was able to eat every three hours and make it work so I never try to push through it...I have:
Breakfast at 9
Lunch at 12
Snack (extra packet) at 3
Dinner at 6
Snack at 9
I'm only on week three so I don't really have a pattern of losses to look at yet but I was concerned because everyone says you shouldn't be hungry on this protocol and I still experience hunger...maybe it's because I am eating too frequently...something to experiment with!
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
This is interesting...I have been finding that I get hungry every three hours on the dot and I'm so hungry I feel like I can't focus...because my coach told me to have four packets per day though, I was able to eat every three hours and make it work so I never try to push through it...I have:
Breakfast at 9
Lunch at 12
Dinner at 6
Snack at 9
I'm only on week three so I don't really have a pattern of losses to look at yet but I was concerned because everyone says you shouldn't be hungry on this protocol and I still experience hunger...maybe it's because I am eating too frequently...something to experiment with!
Many of us still experience hunger. There are at least two threads devoted to it. We just don't give into it.
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #27  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I find that the 4 hour space works best for me too. Like a previous poster - I also make a very large breakfast smoothie at 8am with spinach, 4cups decaf, ice, and the vanilla drink that I 'savor' for several hours in the morning.

If I feel like 'starting early' for my 12pm lunch I will munch on my salad and that satiates me until my official IP time for soup and veggies!

I eat my rhubarb+raspberry jelly snack at 4pm and honestly, am usually hungry for more after - but that's when I take my son to the park & the 2.5mi walk usually kills it for me and then I'm fine to wait until my 8pm dinner.

I'm a recovering late night snacker and find that having my salad + protein + 2 cups veggies for dinner is the best schedule for me to be 'full' at night, and I'm trying to develop and enforce the habit to stop eating after 8pm.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Breakfast at 9
Lunch at 12
Dinner at 6
Snack at 9
Remember, sometimes you can really be THIRSTY if you feel hunger. Have a glass of water and see if you feel satiated and if not, then eat.
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 184/161.9/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
It will get easier, but there are definitely tough times in the first week or two - at least that was true for me. But there came a point where what I had satisfied me, and I did not feel hungry. You'll hear this time and time again on these boards -- HANG IN THERE! You'll be so glad you did when the fat starts melting off!
fredlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

I just don't think I could do 4-5 hours in between.

My current schedule goes something like this:

shake - 7am
snack - either pudding or bar - 10 or 11am
lunch - salad with either drink or soup - 1-2pm
snack - pudding or bar (if I haven't had it yet) 4pm
dinner - 7pm

I drink a minimum of 2L of water during the work day, mostly between 10am and 3pm.

I just don't see how I could 'survive' with one at 7am, another at noon, then the last at 4pm. Ugh. I wish I could - I'd LOVE to have a snack at night - but so far I haven't been able to make it work.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote