Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #106  

S/C/G: ?/?/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
how much do the products on Nashua usually cost? I see the protdiet stuff for about $10.95. is it usually that inexpensive??
is nashua a website. after a month i developed toxicty to the surcalose also. been avoidin. except maybe 1-2 times a week. nut the r so easy to carry when onntheroad. do let me know website to purchase alternates
Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #107  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirlinLA View Post
is nashua a website. after a month i developed toxicty to the surcalose also. been avoidin. except maybe 1-2 times a week. nut the r so easy to carry when onntheroad. do let me know website to purchase alternates
Nashua is a website. The link is a few posts up!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Haha, sorry but only a man would compare being pregnant to wanting to lose 30 pounds. Huge difference. Are there more videos and are they all aimed at women?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh73 View Post
Haha, sorry but only a man would compare being pregnant to wanting to lose 30 pounds. Huge difference. Are there more videos and are they all aimed at women?
I get them daily. It's something my clinic signed me up for.

They are not all aimed towards women... The point of the video is why one shouldn't be drinking.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #110  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Weightloss Systems Cocomint Cream (aspartame free) shake & pudding. Delish! I made it as a shake and it was great. The chocolate was smooth tasting and there was just enough mint. This will be a staple for me.
jenny,
On your recommendation, I ordered the Cocomint Cream. Yes, delish. You mentioned it was aspartame free. The box I received does not have aspartame listed, BUT, the ingredients on Nashua's site now does.

I n g r e d i e n t s
Calcium Caseinate, Fructose, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cocoa(Processed with Alkali), Nonfat Milk, Sodium Caseinate, Corn Syrup Solids, Sunflower Oil, Magnesium Phosphate, Salt, Disodium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Aspartame*, Vitamin C, Tocopherol (to protect flavor), Ferric Orthophosphate, Carrageenan, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol Acetate), Niacinamide, Copper Gluconate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Chromium Amino Acid Chelate, Selenium Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K (Phytonadione), Magnesium Carbonate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin).

Nashau has their Weightloss System pudding & shake mixes on sale, BUT this and a couple other list aspartame. I'm afraid to order. Any thoughts?

Molly
Old 06-05-2012, 02:50 AM   #111  

Default needed a few new tastes

PureProtein bars, both Chocolate Deluxe and S'mores are good on the first bite, but leave a bad aftertaste. Like maybe the taste of the vitamins or iron stays in your mouth. Pack of 6, from Walgreens. Will use these up gradually and not buy more.

Adkins Cranberry Almond Bar is very tasty, and the crunch of real slivered almonds is a treat. With coffee and imagination...a strudel. But has 6g of fat. 16 g CHO, and only 10g protein.

The Adkins chocolate coconut almond bars have a really good chocolate flavor, but are higher in fat again. 16 g CHO; 15 g fat; only 5g protein. I keep a few around for when I really crave good chocolate and would cheat with the real thing otherwise! I have not found the IP chocolate to be satisfying; the Chocolate Soy Puffs and the Carmel bar are the only ones that come anywhere near the taste of "real chocolate" to me.

Adkins Advantage "Cafe Caramel Shake" has 3g CHO; 9g fat; 15g protein. Is quite tasty for a hot weather breakfast drink; really rich over ice.

I have been using exclusively the IP products since Nov 2011 and my motivation for trying a few alternatives this last month has been to overcome flavor boredom.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

I just ordered a few items from Nashua. IP has no soy or peanut free bars...but Nashua does. The calorie count is 200 for cookie & cream bar but carbs are like 9. Maybe I will have 3/4 bar or a whole one after a workout.
Think that would work?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #113  

Premier Protein Shake that has 30g protein: YAY or NAY??

Or should I be splitting it into two servings? (160 cal for the serving)
Old 06-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #114  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
I just had the Smooth Carmel Bar- GOOD! Not too good that you could eat a whole box!

Also, tried the Peanut Butter Bar- WHOA NELLY, that baby tastes exactly like a reese cup. Will DEFIANTLY be kept in our house even when I phase off. It's a PERFECT chocolate treat when you need it!
I just tried the peanut butter too. OMG! Fantastic can't even tell its a protein bar. Will definitely become a staple after IP.
Got a smooth Carmel as my freebie this order, will try it now since you said it was good. Don't you just love this forum, who knew we could get cheaper products? My clinic knows about 3 fat chicks, but made no comment about it when I mentioned it. Did yours tell you about it? Do you go to 7 company in Chantilly?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
I just tried the peanut butter too. OMG! Fantastic can't even tell its a protein bar. Will definitely become a staple after IP.
Got a smooth Carmel as my freebie this order, will try it now since you said it was good. Don't you just love this forum, who knew we could get cheaper products? My clinic knows about 3 fat chicks, but made no comment about it when I mentioned it. Did yours tell you about it? Do you go to 7 company in Chantilly?
I do go to 7Company. I haven't mentioned that I use alternatives.. I'm scared they'll kick me out LOL

Jennifer Seven and I are part of South Riding Women in Business, so I really don't want to... have a rift, you know??
Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #116  

Well me n my vodka are down another few pounds! My goal was 10 but I'm going to do 15 before phasing off.

I just ordered some Nashua (thanks to the peanut butter bar reviews)

I got more chocolate soy snacks, YUM! BBQ soy nuts, great for snacking!
A couple proti diet fruity drinks (never had these) and some other snack type things.

Also ordered some of their brand chocolate soy cereal. The numbers seem slightly better than Proti Diet. I pick on the cereal when I feel like I need "food" after a shake. I also had one in my purse I ate throughout the day when I went to Disneyland, helped me not get churros and popcorn.
I wonder if it'll taste the same.

Last edited by Ugh73; 06-06-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 167/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Premier Protein Shake that has 30g protein: YAY or NAY??

Or should I be splitting it into two servings? (160 cal for the serving)

Thanks for asking that question ! I wanted to know the answer as well !!I will keep an eye on this thread
Old 06-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #118  

Default Alternative products source

Hi, all - I'm new to this forum and am doing *my own* version of IP-alternate.

Just came across a site called http://www.iHerb.com and thought I'd share. Offers shakes, bars, protein powders, supplements, all kinds of healthy grocery items, baking mixes, extracts and spices for doctoring foods....

Best of all: FREE shipping with $20 minimum purchase (U.S.)
Enter coupon code BEJ808 during checkout and get $5 off your first order.

Also need some help. Can anyone recommend a brand of egg white or other protein powder or liquid that's unflavored?

Also looking for a coconut shake or smoothie mix (know WWs has one).
Has anyone tried the BSN Lean Dessert Chocolate-Coconut Candy Bar Protein Shake? Hate to spend the $$$ for a big canister and find out it's crappy-tasting. Ordered coconut extract to use with my vanilla shakes for now.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40
I do go to 7Company. I haven't mentioned that I use alternatives.. I'm scared they'll kick me out LOL

Jennifer Seven and I are part of South Riding Women in Business, so I really don't want to... have a rift, you know??

I'm in SR as well, but I've been going to Wichin Chiropractic in Sterling, on a friends' recommendation. I've thought about joining the SR women in business, but have not gotten around to it. I am trying some alternatives because they just raised the price of the food by $1.00/product. that is steep! Also, IP has no soyfree bars.
What do y'all think of Company 7? Getting good support?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I have ordered from Dr B clinic for the vanilla shakes. A lot cheaper even with the shipping. The packaging is almost the same. I order 8 packs of 6 at a time, with shipping cost close to 100$ but alot cheaper then IP. Its great for when your going somewhere, and tastes nice in a tea or coffee. Fast shipping, I am in Quebec and only took two days to the door, have ordered 5 times now. Its nice there are no custom charges.
Closed Thread