Old 03-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #16  

I traded my drink for 4 shots of espresso and 2 splenda and then take it home and add my fat free 5 cals of cool whip - so it's a 5 cal drink instead of a 200+ cal drink. Love it!!!
ubskinnyagain75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #17  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I so miss coffee frapps. Is there a substitute that I can order that tastes comparable? I don't have a Starbucks near me, so I haven't mastered the menu. Now, I just avoid it totally because I don't trust myself to go there. I am in maintenance if that makes any difference whatsoever.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #18  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5'4"

http://www.cassclay.com/milk_nut.html

I just found this chart with nutritional info on milk. Checked a few others and they are almost identical. Why are we saying skim milk is worse? Please give me any info you may have!
artflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #19  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by artflunky View Post
http://www.cassclay.com/milk_nut.html

I just found this chart with nutritional info on milk. Checked a few others and they are almost identical. Why are we saying skim milk is worse? Please give me any info you may have!
Artflunky are you a North Dakotan? Cass-Clay Milk is from Fargo!
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #20  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

IP dieters are allowed 1 oz of skim milk in their coffee, per protocol. There are 13 carbs in 8 oz of skim milk (so a little over 1 carb per oz), zero fat. Half and half has 1 carb per 2 Tablespoons and 3 grams of fat. I believe the carbs are similar enough. Half and half should not kick you out of ketosis. It just has more fat and more calories. IP is low fat, low carb, and low calorie. It's my opinion that is why skim milk is allowed and not half and half.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #21  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDHockeyFan View Post
Artflunky are you a North Dakotan? Cass-Clay Milk is from Fargo!
Nope! Connecticut. It's just what I found when I googled. I could not handle your winters
artflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #22  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Quote:
Originally Posted by artflunky View Post
Nope! Connecticut. It's just what I found when I googled. I could not handle your winters
That's too funny! We do have some crazy winters here! I guess that we're known for more than the movie "Fargo" we're now known for our milk nutritional info! LOL!
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

A bonus with Starbucks - their sugar free syrups, all of them, are 0/0/0 and make with sucralose, not aspartame, so you can enjoy them!

Last edited by IPdivajen; 03-28-2012 at 09:36 PM.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2greatcats View Post
EricAnn - this is the Ideal Protein diet subforum of 3FC - NO CARBS! So even that 50 calories of milk (non-fat!) is all carbs and will kick us out of ketosis, the method behind IP. So, unless you drink your coffee BLACK (NO MILK AT ALL) Starbucks is a no go! On this plan we can only have 1 oz of skim milk / day, and that's more than will be in a typical Starbucks drink, I'd think?
Haha, yes they normally would have more than an ounce, sometimes I get lost on these forums, haha, sorry... Buuuuut, with the tea lattes, caffe and americano mistos you can request that they only put an ounce of milk in them (which in a short cup is still substantial).

Last edited by EricAnn; 03-29-2012 at 12:22 AM.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 211.0/189.8/136

Height: 5'6"

<whimper> I've not been to Starbucks in 7 weeks...which is how long I've been on IP. The reason is because they don't carry an unsweetened milk alternative (soy, almond, rice milks).

Does anyone know whether Starbucks would be amenable to me bringing my own milk alternative (ie; unsweetened vanilla almond milk) for steaming and subsequently adding to one of their tasty brews?

In the meantime...as a substitute (and since my IP coach is cool with it), I've been doing the following each AM:

I microwave 4 oz of Silk brand unsweetened vanilla almond milk in a glass measuring cup to boiling (about 1.5 mins), then add it and a serving of any Torani SF syrup and a dash of cinnamon to a mug. Then I whip it into submission with my Bonjour Automatic Primo Latte frother thingie and add my home-brewed half-caffeinated coffee. Sublime yumminess, IMHO.

FYI: An 8 ounce serving of Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk (UAM) is 35 cals, 1 carb/1 fiber/0 sugar, so at 1/2 serving, I'm only dealing with 17 calories and <1 carb.
I think the Blue Diamond version of UAM is similar, but has five more calories and 1 more carb for an 8 ounce serving.
urbannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I get an unsweetened passion iced tea from there several times a week. I do miss my skinny mochas, though.
ME TOO!! They are the best
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbannie View Post
<whimper> I've not been to Starbucks in 7 weeks...which is how long I've been on IP. The reason is because they don't carry an unsweetened milk alternative (soy, almond, rice milks).

Does anyone know whether Starbucks would be amenable to me bringing my own milk alternative (ie; unsweetened vanilla almond milk) for steaming and subsequently adding to one of their tasty brews?

In the meantime...as a substitute (and since my IP coach is cool with it), I've been doing the following each AM:

I microwave 4 oz of Silk brand unsweetened vanilla almond milk in a glass measuring cup to boiling (about 1.5 mins), then add it and a serving of any Torani SF syrup and a dash of cinnamon to a mug. Then I whip it into submission with my Bonjour Automatic Primo Latte frother thingie and add my home-brewed half-caffeinated coffee. Sublime yumminess, IMHO.

FYI: An 8 ounce serving of Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk (UAM) is 35 cals, 1 carb/1 fiber/0 sugar, so at 1/2 serving, I'm only dealing with 17 calories and <1 carb.
I think the Blue Diamond version of UAM is similar, but has five more calories and 1 more carb for an 8 ounce serving.

The Starbucks I work at does have a soy milk... that's strange that yours doesn't. If you go at a quiet time, they will sometimes steam milk you bring in.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricAnn View Post
Why have some of you given up Starbucks? I only ask because I work there and it's very easy to order/make a drink with less than 50 calories! Maybe I can help with some ideas so you don't have to give it up completely... Any short drinks (and even some tall), sugar free any flavor, non-fat, lattes or cappuccinos will ring in around that 50 calorie mark... Really the only calories come from the milk and cappuccinos only have around half the amount of milk as a latte. As well, tea lattes (not with chai tea lattes though, unless you ask for the tea bag) with sugar free syrups and non-fat milk will be very minimal in calories. Caffe mistos and americano mistos with non-fat milk, and sugar-free syrups if you want, again, only about 50 calories. I was worried when I started, back, on my weight loss journey that Starbucks was going to be my downfall, but I just opt for one of these options and I'm good to go.
Thank you ... I miss Starbucks
lilone1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #29  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubskinnyagain75 View Post
I traded my drink for 4 shots of espresso and 2 splenda and then take it home and add my fat free 5 cals of cool whip - so it's a 5 cal drink instead of a 200+ cal drink. Love it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbannie View Post

Ooh, I like these ideas. Been drinking my Mockachino all morning. Yum. But, I think I want to try to make it frothy and add that whipped cream. It will make it more real to me.

I have also wondered about the skim meal deal. It's nasty to me so when I heard about it I was like why bother. Regular milk or half and half make more sense to me. You might have to limit yourself to a cup of coffee but at least it would taste like the real deal.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

When I was in P1 I would get an Iced Coffee with sugar free vanilla syrup, add in some stevia and a little bit of half and half. Delish! I never had any problems doing this P1. I didn't do it everyday, but at least 1x per week. No need to give up Starbucks
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote