Why I love Starbucks

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I LOVE Starbucks! But not a coffee or even a Latte nope I went straight for a Venti Caramel Mocha Frap. or a Venti Iced Caramel Macchiato! I have learned through IP though that I should not have been having those EVERY day! ahh I look back at that and think wow that was not a good idea. Now I can go and get a tall iced coffee and be perfectly happy!

Now in the mornings I sometimes stop and get a Venti iced coffee black and when I get to work I add some liquid Stevia and my IP Pre made vanilla drink! My favorite breakfast!
  • I love a good old starbucks, but being a Canadian and living in the middle of farming country I hit up Tim Hortons more offen, their pumpkin spice tea is to die for!
  • Great minds think alike. I started IP last Thursday (today was my first weigh in and I lost 8 lbs and 10 inches!!!), and the only thing I really missed was my Starbucks (I'm a soy latte girl.). I've tried adding A double shot of espresso to the prepared vanilla and I was not impressed. BUT, tonight for dinner, I made an IP caramel macchiato (with Via blond and Walden Farms caramel sauce and a touch of vanilla extract) and it was pretty damned good!! Once I got past the first 2 days of headaches, it was all good. I still miss my "peeps" from Starbucks and did drop by for an unsweetened black iced tea (that I mixed half and half with my homemade Splenda lemonade.). It's my new caffeine fix! I look forward to success on this great diet!!!
  • I make a shot of starbucks espresso myself each morning, using their grounds (just ask for the espresso that they use when you buy it). Then I add it to 7 oz cold water and the vanilla drink mix and mix it in my magic bullet. Pour over Ice. It tastes like a more creamy version of an iced vanilla latte. So Good!!
  • Any tips on how to make a black and white mocha?
  • Starbucks Cont.

I love this thread and all things Starbucks.

So, I have been having a dopio espresso with either the chocolate or vanilla Ready made option over ice. I am not sure about the misto but the Americano seems like a great option. I saw the passion fruit tea, What other things do you order that jive with the plan?

Thanks!
  • I love just a coffee (half dark roast half decaf)... Not fancy but soooo good.

Also sometimes get the Refresh Mint Tazo tea.

I was never really much into their 'fancy' drinks, just a good, rich, quality coffee.
  • I love any and all espresso cafes! I learned to love just cinnamon in my double shot. But my favorite caffeine is Taster's Choice instant coffee--lots of it--with IP or Cytosport Whey vanilla shake. I dissolve the coffee in a minimum of hot water, add the shake and drink it cold or warmed.
  • I think I'm due for a SB lunch stop. I'll find something instead of my caramel machioto & lattes. For sure!
  • I have continued to go to SB. My orders are now comprised of blonde coffee or a chai spiced tea or unsweet iced green tea. The only lattes I drink are the ones I make when I add the IP drink mix to my coffee or tea. No milk steaming, but it's close enough. I ordered a bunch of flavored syrups from Davinci and once in awhile use them in my coffee. Been pimping the caramel flan drink to friends and family though. Curious about the taste and want to live vicariously through someone else. Not planing to derail myself. Probably better in my mind than how it would actually taste.
  • As a caution to everyone...their "vanilla blonde" roast is just their regular blonde roast with vanilla syrup. Don't order it.