IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/28/12

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Hi, your post made me think of a quote from DR Oz that I had posted earlier. I will post it again here. It really made me realize the importance of preplanning. That is why so many of us find phase 1 easy after we get going on it. A routine is established and we don't have to think about it too much. With each of the following steps we need to reestablish a routine.

Dr Oz:

The average person eats up to 50% more food when distracted. Plus it takes about 30 minutes for your body to realize you are full, so if you are hungry when you sit down to eat, and you eat as quickly as most Americans do, you are just going to keep throwing down food before that feeling sets in.
    The more decisions we make in a day, the more likely we are to make bad decisions-because deciding wears you down. You start making decisions in the morning, and by the middle of the afternoon,you're running on fumes. And as the day goes on, you start to crave more carbs especially women because women tend to make more of the day-to-day decisions in our lives than men.
    So to the extent it is possible, don't make so many decisions. Do what you can to automate your life-and your food-during the day.
    The number one reason Americans are heavy:the brain, very smartly, wants nutrition. But the average American is not eating nutrients; he or she is eating empty calories. So you finish that 2000 calories and the brain says; Keep going until you get nutrients.
    Thanks! I love Dr. Oz too! Once I can make a habit, good or bad, I'm pretty good at keeping it up. Today, my challenge is to figure out Phase 4 snacks and what I can do late morning and late afternoon to help me get to meals without losing it. The process continues...
  • Quote: Thanks, it worked. They turned the two charges into reckless driving and an $800 fine. Not good, but a whole lot better than expected. He was out of court in 5 minutes. He's on his way home (cruise control set on the speed limit - which he always does except that time)

My coach just emailed me a couple days ago with a reply from the district office on how stress affects weight loss negatively. I have an extremely stressful job and now this. I hope I lose this week. I don't feel as though I've lost.

Thanks again, Molly
    That's great news, Molly. Hang in there, you'll both get through this...
  • I think the fat in the egg yolk is a good addition. I have also been taking 1 tbsp of mct as my clinic is promoting this. Not sure if it is doing anything yet!
    I try to ensure I eat sufficient fat in my protein-I have steak and ground beef a couple times a week.
    I think as your body fat drops, and i mean low, and your exercise increases that there is a greater need for dietary fat, but this is just my opinion.

Outside the mct my coach recommends I have an extra unrestricted packet, or 2 hb eggs, to supplement my exercise needs. I don't always do this, only if I am hungry.

I think that for most non endurance athletes with some weight to lose that phase 1 as is is sufficient to support regular exercise. But again, each coach and clinic will have their own ideas. My coach is a long time athlete and may see things differently than most others, who seem to be successful ip ers.

For most people looking for weight loss phase 1 with no exercise seems to be an excellent plan.
  • Quote: Can we have turkey brats?? If so, YEHHHHH!!! I am going to pick some up this weekend! Can we? Seriously? Thanks!
    Good morning all! Off to another fun filled day at work. I have my egg and big salad packed for lunch with some bbq curls....yum!

No, this isn't allowed. I would not recommend it even if they are low in everything, there is a lot of sodium in most of them

Quote: Energy Drinks or things w/ higher caffeine

I used to drink Red bull for years..I do not anymore...then I was drinking some cocoa powder w/ oats, almond milk and chia seeds or seeds like that as my power drink! I miss having something like that...is there a drink like that we can have that is 0 carb 0 fat 0 sugar...even a pop is pop restricted ? i was never a pop drinker...
    my husband is out of town i am exhausted adn have to clean the house tonight..i am always in a better mood if i have a power drink!?!?! I know sounds weird but it is a bit of a mind or matter booster...

Thanks for anyone who knows of something..i guess someone said Monster has a low carb one...?? I have ot look it up ..
    Have you tried the MIO black cherry or the Green Thunder? Both of those have energy and are tastey....so you might check it out

Quote: Hi 3sisters. I'm just starting Day 5, so obviously no expert in the IP program. But my 'Phase One Not Permitted Foods' sheet lists sausage/wieners. Hope you are able to get your get-together menu finalized, and everyone has a great time. As far as tips on how to stay away from the other stuff, I can only say that everytime I think about wanting to eat something OP, I remember how expensive each week of IP food is, and how frustrated I'd be with myself if I ate something that threw me out of ketosis. Each 'slip' not only costs significant$ but it takes around 72 hours for your body to get back to ketosis again.

As for my own progress report.... it's only day 5, but I'm relieved to be through the first 4 days of the program as I keep reading that it's often tough. I had several times when I was a little dizzy and had some headaches, but all in all things were pretty good for me. A little sea salt followed up with some water definitely righted things.

One question. How do you know when you're in ketosis? I would expect I should be there today, but I don't feel any different. I've read other posts on this subject and I think I recall somebody saying that I shouldn't be as hungry once I'm in ketosis? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

I wish all of you a happy and healthy 100% OP day.
    If you are following the sheet and are in your 5th day you should be in Ketosis. I never felt any different, some say the craving stop, bad breathe and such but I never got any of this.

Quote: Hello everyone!! Great WI morning. I'm down another 3.6 lbs for a total of 25.4 lbs in 6 weeks!!! FANTASTIC if I do say so myself. This morning I put on my FAVORITE Harley Davidson top and was able to keep it on as it fit!!! WHOOO HOOOO
    Side note.. I want to post pics but I'm not sure how to do so.. Any insight??
    to post pics....go to User CP and edit your signature or your avatar...scroll down and you will see where you manage attachments and there is where you can do it!

3sisters.....keep your water with you at all time and chew gum. I know for me if I am chewing gum I don't want to put anything in my mouth. All of that food will be there the NEXT family reunion and you will be MUCH healthier and happier. Stick to the program, you will be happy that you did!

Now on to ME.....I loss 5.3lbs this week!!!....making it 140lbs in 11 months!...I am one happy girl right now that is for sure! My coach was right when she said my body needed to be shocked and put me on phase 3 for 2 weeks....it has paid off!!....I am BELOW my original goal of 250 so I am STILL IN SHOCK!!!....its going to be a GREAT day!
  • Quote: Now on to ME.....I loss 5.3lbs this week!!!....making it 140lbs in 11 months!...I am one happy girl right now that is for sure! My coach was right when she said my body needed to be shocked and put me on phase 3 for 2 weeks....it has paid off!!....I am BELOW my original goal of 250 so I am STILL IN SHOCK!!!....its going to be a GREAT day!
    Congratulations! You are such an inspiration!
  • Thanks for the responses yesterday about exercise and "squishiness". I decided to join a gym last night. Even if I only go two days a week to start, It will be a good life habit. We'll see how it goes...

On the topic of collagen... I don't know if many of you have tried the Blueberry Cran Granata, but it is my favorite. I have it almost every day for lunch. My sister (also on IP) and I call it "skinny juice". The key is to mix it with 20oz of water instead of the recommended 8oz. It tastes like KoolAid. I've even put it on ice or in a martini glass and had it as a mock-tail.

Cheers!
  • Quote:
    Now on to ME.....I loss 5.3lbs this week!!!....making it 140lbs in 11 months!...I am one happy girl right now that is for sure! My coach was right when she said my body needed to be shocked and put me on phase 3 for 2 weeks....it has paid off!!....I am BELOW my original goal of 250 so I am STILL IN SHOCK!!!....its going to be a GREAT day!
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyy...you did it Wuv. Your ticker moved.
  • Quote: Now on to ME.....I loss 5.3lbs this week!!!....making it 140lbs in 11 months!...I am one happy girl right now that is for sure! My coach was right when she said my body needed to be shocked and put me on phase 3 for 2 weeks....it has paid off!!....I am BELOW my original goal of 250 so I am STILL IN SHOCK!!!....its going to be a GREAT day!
    WHOOOO HOOOOOOOO
    Way to go Wuv.
  • Quote: For most people looking for weight loss phase 1 with no exercise seems to be an excellent plan.
    Ahh, then I am excellent.
  • Today is day 4. First WI tomorrow.

I have the "Messages from You Angels" Perpetual Flip Calendar by Doreen Virtue, Ph.D.

Yesterday's Message – “Your clear and unwavering decision for health cannot be obstructed, Holy Child of God.”

Today's Message – “Your unquestionable power rests upon your decision, your intention and your commitment.”
  • Now on to ME.....I loss 5.3lbs this week!!!....making it 140lbs in 11 months!...I am one happy girl right now that is for sure! My coach was right when she said my body needed to be shocked and put me on phase 3 for 2 weeks....it has paid off!!....I am BELOW my original goal of 250 so I am STILL IN SHOCK!!!....its going to be a GREAT day![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

OMG, I've been waiting to here your loss! Right on, good for you!
  • weigh in today
    Lost 0.5 lbs, I am not sad as a loss is a loss. Lost inches though.
  • i have been having on/off spotting since i started but today it feels like TOM is full blown. i wonder if it would help if i remove my IUD?
  • Quote: i have been having on/off spotting since i started but today it feels like TOM is full blown. i wonder if it would help if i remove my IUD?
    No, its just what happens to us when we start opening up our fat cells. It messes with your periods. I received an info sheet about that from my coach.
  • Quote: Good Morning (it's early in Alaska). I am in week 5 and I had my very first day of wanting to eat all day long yesterday. I didn't crave anything, or think about any foods I couldn't have, but just felt hungry and wanted something to eat. I didn't have a restircted item, and I always do. So maybe that was it. I will make sure I have a restricted item today.

I have a few things going on with me that I wanted to see if anyone else has them too. I am freezing all of the time since I started IP and my nose runs clear liquid all day long. It will just pour out like water and I have a hard time catching it sometimes. Just seems strange to me.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Oh my gosh. I have the nose thing too. I'm prone to allergies so I just assumed some new allergen floated into town. But the runny nose thing exactly coincides with IP. The freezing thing is also ketosis, but I don't know why. I am on phase 3 for surgery and the freezing thing is better but the nose still goes.