3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Just Started.... lookin for help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/255562-just-started-lookin-help.html)

nblinde 03-25-2012 04:52 PM

Just Started.... lookin for help

I have just started IP and am loving it so far. I have lost 10lbs in 3 days! I just am looking for more recipes with ground beef, steak, chicken. I'm not a fan of lettuce or the creamy soups!

If you can help me out that would be amazing!

Thank you

wuv2bloved 03-25-2012 05:21 PM

Look at the stickies...there are lots of recipe links there that would help you out

Sewmam 03-25-2012 05:21 PM

There are several great recipe threads here that use the IP packets and/or Walden Farms. Also, I got the hard cover IP recipe book and some of the flavor combos there are pretty nice.

I mostly roast or poach my chicken and freeze portions of it, to add to a big salad, or home made soup with my 2 cups of vegees. Use an immersion blender to make it smooth, then add the meat. You can really experiment with spices to make things interesting. I also used the IP soups and after dissolving them, added to the pureed vegees - more water than they call for, as I like it thinner and it makes a big bowl that is very satisfying.

Lettuce is free, so you may change your mind on that as time goes by! :)

Good luck!

le506 03-25-2012 06:07 PM

look for the recipe to turn the soups into breads
I do a lot of stir-fries with julienned zucchini as noodles (or broccoli slaw) and add the steak, chicken or shrimp to that

New Englander 03-25-2012 06:40 PM

Welcome! This site has so much IP information. From recipes to things I wish my coach had told me to reviews on Walden Farm products...oh and the (I think) inevitable big C (yes, constipation). When you have some free time browse the pages for threads that interest you (or do a search). In time you'll find everything and it will make this diet that much easier!!! Again, welcome and enjoy the ride!!! ;)

nblinde 03-25-2012 09:07 PM

Thank you so very much for the welcome! I will look through some more forms and see what I can find for recipes!
If you have any more information about how to lose my 150 faster (lol) that'd be awesome! :)

KitKat169 03-25-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nblinde (Post 4267172)
Thank you so very much for the welcome! I will look through some more forms and see what I can find for recipes!
If you have any more information about how to lose my 150 faster (lol) that'd be awesome! :)

Hi nblinde, welcome to the program. Nice to see a fellow Manitoban (I'm in Winnipeg). Losing weight fast is good and if you stick to the program, you'll be amazed at the results. But I think it is also important to consider the journey and not just the goal. Something got us here to begin with. Take the time to figure out what that was so by maintenance, you're ready to keep it off.

Resipoo 03-25-2012 10:35 PM

What's IP?

KitKat169 03-25-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resipoo (Post 4267256)
What's IP?

Stands for Ideal Protein and it is the program we are on. It's an amazing program so if you want to know more go to www.idealprotein.com.

Sewmam 03-26-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le506 (Post 4267034)
look for the recipe to turn the soups into breads
I do a lot of stir-fries with julienned zucchini as noodles (or broccoli slaw) and add the steak, chicken or shrimp to that

Can you post your recipe for brocoli slaw? That sound tasty! Thanks!