Old 03-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #1  
Started IP 3/23/12

S/C/G: 188/185/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Confused...restricted IP foods 1st wk

Goooooood Afternoon! Today is my first day on IP and confused on restricted food. I heard abt this diet and researched it and found a local clinic but they weren't too helpful. I purchased it anyways and have learned a lot abt it through this site i had asked my clinic what I can hv for lunch n for snacks n they offered me the chili mix and bars but from reading it says not to hv these during the first 2-3 wks since they are restricted....so I'm a Lil confused...I would greatly appreciate some clarification....
2thick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

clinics interpret things differently but the strict plan "rules" do NOT restrict "restricted" at all, you can only have one a day but you CAN have them starting day 1

some clinics use them as an incentive to have people make it the first 2 weeks, then add in a "treat"

Last edited by le506; 03-23-2012 at 03:33 PM.
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #3  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Sorry you don't have a good coach at your clinic.
You can see from other threads here, typically you have one packet at breakfast, one for lunch plus 2 c of the allowed vegetables, 5-8 oz protein plus 2 c of allowed veg at dinner, and one packet for evening snack.

My coach says you can move things around (eat your protein and veg for lunch and packet and veg for dinner, etc) if you need to. Some break it up by having big salad (lettuce (all salad greens) is unlimited) with the 2 c of veg for lunch and using their packet for afternoon snack, etc.

In the first bag (weeks worth) of food I got, my coach/clinic have it all pre-planned - 28 packets of assorted UNrestricted items plus one pkg of choc soy puffs if you really need something - as well as a small True Salt and the 3 bottles of vitamins and a shaker. Usually you only get 3 packets a day, but my coach said if I really needed them I could have up to 5 packets a day if I was desperate - didn't need to do that, but good to have if I did. Just don't cheat and eat things not on the plan! Better to have an extra packet than something not on plan if you are hungry.

For the second week, I started adding in other restricted items, but max of one restricted item per day. So no spaghetti AND a bar on the same day for example. The list my clinic gave me had asterisks * by all the restricted items, so I'd know what they were.

Hope that helps. This really is a great board - glad to have you on the IP wagon!!

Last edited by momof2greatcats; 03-23-2012 at 03:34 PM.
momof2greatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #4  

Did you read through the two Stickies at the beginning of these topics?
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #5  
Started IP 3/23/12

S/C/G: 188/185/140

Height: 5'5"

Ya my "coach" is probably going to be this site from now on. I truly need all the support and encouragement. I need a plan (structure) now and as i go further into this diet and feel more comfortable then i'll starting swapping B,L, & D Thank you guys so much! I'm so glad this blog exists!!!
2thick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Each clinic is SO different, my clinic would not allow me to have any of the restricted IP foods for the first 2 weeks BUT for me I have lost more weight once I was able to have the restricted items. Really depends on the coach. I went to 2 different clinics until I found one that kinda knew what they were talking about. I use this site as my 'coach' and my clinic is good for WI's and picking up my foods and thats about it!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #7  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Just like everyone said... Every clinic is differrent... My clinic did not allow me any restricteds the first 2 weeks.... but I had such great losses, I didn't even really care! You will find what works for you! and You will be happy with your results! IP is definetly worty every penny I have spent... I have a whole new life now, And I am still not finished with this journey...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Just an FYI....the Chili is to be eaten only TWICE a week just like the sketti!....I have eaten restricted everyday since day one. Like Jelly said you do what works for YOU!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thick81 View Post
Ya my "coach" is probably going to be this site from now on. I truly need all the support and encouragement. I need a plan (structure) now and as i go further into this diet and feel more comfortable then i'll starting swapping B,L, & D Thank you guys so much! I'm so glad this blog exists!!!
Good for you! The choices and planning be overwhelming at first, but you'll soon get into a routine and know which dishes are your favorites. I remember having dreams in the beginning that I forgot and ate a no-no like chocolate cake!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thick81 View Post
Goooooood Afternoon! Today is my first day on IP and confused on restricted food. I heard abt this diet and researched it and found a local clinic but they weren't too helpful. I purchased it anyways and have learned a lot abt it through this site i had asked my clinic what I can hv for lunch n for snacks n they offered me the chili mix and bars but from reading it says not to hv these during the first 2-3 wks since they are restricted....so I'm a Lil confused...I would greatly appreciate some clarification....
hi and welcome! Some clinics say yes to restricted right away while others say wait until week 3. If and when you do have them I believe it's best not to have them as your evening snack as they contain the most fat and carbs and it's best to have them earlier in the day to "work" them off...I don't know the scientific stuff behind it but I have mine in the morning and for me I look forward to waking to have my delicious restricted item!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Just like everyone said... Every clinic is differrent... My clinic did not allow me any restricteds the first 2 weeks.... but I had such great losses, I didn't even really care! You will find what works for you! and You will be happy with your results! IP is definetly worty every penny I have spent... I have a whole new life now, And I am still not finished with this journey...
Well said! It is worth every penny and I also have an entirely new outlook on myself and life!!! It's simply wonderful!!! Way to go JellyMae87 and everyone else!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #12  

What is this chocolate cake that some of you refer to? Is this a packet that your clinic sells?
Sccrkeepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Arrow

My clinic does not restrict chili to once a week. Only the cookie, spaghetti and stew, which we don't have...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

Lol, I had the dreams too!
It is hard to keep track at first but regardless of the differences between clinics it seems we all lose as long as we follow the basic protocol. I know that I had the restricted once a day from day one and my coach even allowed me 5 total IP (1restricted) for the first week then down to 3(1 of them restricted) after that. I lost 8 pounds the first week having the 5 a day. I know some people lose even more. I was almost 300 pounds though which I think they take into consideration when they let you have more in the beginning.
Anyway this forum is great and so is the diet
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
My clinic does not restrict chili to once a week. Only the cookie, spaghetti and stew, which we don't have...
My clinic doesn't restrict the cookie to once a week. After looking at the box I think they should though! After having them a few times I can't stand them anymore anyway lol! I have never tried the spaghetti or stew but had the chili once. It was good but I prefer my restricted to be more of a snack item.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote