3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/21/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/255273-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-3-21-12-a.html)

wuv2bloved 03-21-2012 02:15 AM

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/21/12
 
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

bethanym 03-21-2012 02:38 AM

I hope everyone has a fabulous OP Wednesday!

My personal goal for Wednesday is to make sure I get in all my food and water....I didn't today (which is NOT good), and was beyond ravenous by about 11pm. Tomorrow I will do better at getting that food in on a regular schedule, instead of getting all caught up in work and life.

tenniels 03-21-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4261142)
You know my coach has a lot of muscle and can weigh much more than people thinks she weighs and wear a very small size.

Yes, I'm fitting into things that I would've had to weigh less to fit into previously! I'm quite happy with how toned I actually am, its a good feeling! That's why I'm wondering if I may end up picking a goal weight that is higher than 130. From this point forward I will have to take it pound by pound I guess. Not that I'm happy with where I am yet, just I'm starting to see I may not know what weight looks right on me til I get there.

Hope everyone has a fabulous OP day :) 4 more days and I get carbs for breakfast for my mini-phase 3!! I think my first meal will be sprouted grain bread toasted with almond butter & fat free greek yogurt with mixed berries *excited dance*

rissimo 03-21-2012 07:57 AM

Good Morning
 
Good Morning IPeeps:
Sorry I haven't been on here the past week. They have blocked me from the site here at work so I cannotget on to get my daily fix. But I have found another way to get to it, I just have to be very careful about logging in daily. So, this will probably be my only login today until I get home and am able to pry my daughter away from the computer.

:welcome3: to all the newbies!! It is so good to see so many more joining our wonderful little group!!! This is the best thing you could do for yourself. And if you have not been able to go thru and read all the other threads, just remember that any loss you have regardless of how little it it is, is a good loss. Your body has to catch up with what you have already lost and it will fight you to lose what it is so used to having. Hang in there and things will begin to fall into place.:D

I went to the doctor yesterday because of a little issue I am having and he was amazed at my loss. I was telling him that my goal is to get down to 130. He said that I will be too thin then, he suggests that I go to 150-145, no lower than 140.

Well better get off here for now, will try to get on later.

Congratulations on all the losses so far and good luck to those that still have to weigh in. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

Ducksmy 03-21-2012 08:14 AM

Way to go Rissmo! You are such an inspiration! You and Wuv make my day everday!
I am asking for prayers here, today I go to my orthopedic surgeron and Hopefully get released from a 2 year journey! Ready to live my life without restrictions!
Yall be blessed!

Endless Dieter 03-21-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksmy (Post 4261741)
Way to go Rissmo! You are such an inspiration! You and Wuv make my day everday!
I am asking for prayers here, today I go to my orthopedic surgeron and Hopefully get released from a 2 year journey! Ready to live my life without restrictions!
Yall be blessed!

Prayers sent and to all newies "this diet really works". I know seven people who have started after seeing my success and all are doing wonderful. What a gift to share "good health with friends". I so wish I would have found this diet years ago...

mtnsun4 03-21-2012 09:44 AM

Good morning all! I have a long day today- work, then an evening meeting that will last until 7:45pm. I have to plan out my meals, and take a bunch to work. These days are rough but I have planned to get through it!

girlpower79 03-21-2012 09:57 AM

test :)

girlpower79 03-21-2012 09:59 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Ideal Protein tonight is my first wi and I am at 9.1 lbs loss for the week!

I have been reading all your post for a week or so now, they are very helpful and had a lot to do with me actually starting the program, so thanks!

Sewmam 03-21-2012 10:14 AM

Good morning everyone! And a fine day it is!

I know what you mean about the scale not being the most accurate measurement of your health - I chose to phase out when I could fit into size 10 jeans (I was a 28-30 !), and a plastic surgeon told me I had 20 pds of skin, so my 155 scale weight was a virtual 135 lb, which was a healthy BMI. I have always had people tell me that I didn't look as heavy as my weight showed.

Anyway, today, I want to read up on the Phase 4 stuff, which I'll be starting next week. That, and continue my projects here at home to get the house ready to sell. Still have drawers of clothes that need sorting and donating. This week I got a new bra that is the best I ever had, and 2 pairs of pants on a clearance rack at Macy's, so I'm happy.

Have a perfectly delightful day!

IPdivajen 03-21-2012 10:24 AM

Sewman, that's just incredible! Congrats on all your hard work. I hope to be singing a pretty similar song a few months down the road. :)

Morning, everyone. My goal for the day is to do a bit more walking this week. I've had a very stressful (for stupid reasons) few days and would like to try to just chill and be content/happy because of the positive changes I'm making. So hopefully me and the puppy will go on a nice long walk tonight.

swimcoachmomma 03-21-2012 10:30 AM

Good morning all. Congrats on the weighing and welcome to the newbies. This is a great forum for support, especially for those of us with coaches who are less than helpful.

Wuv, how is your friend Hassan ?? I thought I would ask because his name is still on my prayer list.

momof2greatcats 03-21-2012 10:37 AM

Good morning all!
I'm so excited that my work clothes are really starting to fit more loosley! There had been days in the past where I felt like I was "poured in" to my pants - now, they are nice and loose. Can't wait until I can drop a size!
This is my 2nd week on IP and loving it. Also loving the community here :wub:

rissimo - love how you put your pics in your siggy - wow, you look great!

My plans for today - work and then bible study at a friend's house. Because I'm on tap to work late, packed my lunch AND dinner as I might have to go straight from here to her house. Planning ahead and not just "hoping" to do well has made a difference since I've been on IP.

Have a great OP day, everyone!

Patty17 03-21-2012 10:40 AM

I'm back! Too many challenges having a St. Patrick's Day Birthday, Beer, corned beef, soda bread, BEER, etc. Gained 3.5lbs at WI on Tues. Back on track now! Went to track and walked and ran straightaways, as of this morning down 2.5lbs! I'm determined to lose those 3.5lbs and then some by next WI!

lboogs311 03-21-2012 10:40 AM

Morning! Great losses already!!! No surprise, I love IP....I have a questions, will antibiotics affect it at all? I tend to think no, but thought I would ask. I have an issue with my gums (lol) so I am on amoxicillin...other than that, rolling along. Hoping to be doen another 20lbs by the 2nd week in May!!! Going to Vegas for work/friends wedding....I know I can do this!!!
Happy Wednesday!

rissimo 03-21-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksmy (Post 4261741)
Way to go Rissmo! You are such an inspiration! You and Wuv make my day everday!
I am asking for prayers here, today I go to my orthopedic surgeron and Hopefully get released from a 2 year journey! Ready to live my life without restrictions!
Yall be blessed!

Thank You, I never really thought of myself being an inspiration, but I am so glad to hear that I am. I am praying for you, hope all goes well. Let us know.

sky7285 03-21-2012 10:41 AM

Good Morning/afternoon to you all,

Today is my 2nd day OP slight headache but I think that's because spring has sprung in Manhattan. But, I have water too to help with the headache. I have my foods for the day. So, Just time to work at the office till I see the Rangers/ Red Wings game at MSG with a girlfriend of mine, Wishing you all a GREAT day -Candice :)

Chloe222 03-21-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenniels (Post 4261665)
Yes, I'm fitting into things that I would've had to weigh less to fit into previously! I'm quite happy with how toned I actually am, its a good feeling! That's why I'm wondering if I may end up picking a goal weight that is higher than 130. From this point forward I will have to take it pound by pound I guess. Not that I'm happy with where I am yet, just I'm starting to see I may not know what weight looks right on me til I get there.

Hope everyone has a fabulous OP day :) 4 more days and I get carbs for breakfast for my mini-phase 3!! I think my first meal will be sprouted grain bread toasted with almond butter & fat free greek yogurt with mixed berries *excited dance*

Hi Tenniels,
Would you mind sharing the phase off protocol you are doing in preparation for your vacation? I am doing IP w/o a counselor as my location has a p/t, very sketchy IP operation. Would really appreciate it if you don't mind.

Many thanks,
Chloe :)

le506 03-21-2012 11:08 AM

Today is MY DAY!

:yay: today for the first time in 3 years, I WORE SHORTS IN PUBLIC... granted you have to get over the blindingly white paleness of them, but once you put your sunglasses on, they look pretty darn good.

:spin: just got back from weigh-in #7 and lost another 3 lbs. I thought after last weeks 3 this would be a small week, but no! 20 total :carrot:
AND that 3 put me as having met my goal for the Easter Challenge!

off to spread more cheer around today, hope you all do the same!

Samba 03-21-2012 11:10 AM

Good morning everyone!! Rain here this a.m. So biking is not in the game. I think I am ready to start some walking consistently. I've been on IP about 7 weeks. Weight loss is 26 lbs. I am very happy with that! I think it is good considering my age and medical status! I found an answer in IP!

Crazy this walking idea. It was not really my plan, but as I lose and feel better I feel this urge to move.

I am getting very interested in nutrition also. I guess the fact that I feel so much better and am off medication, opened my eyes to what good nutrition really might be and its power!

My son is brewing beer in the basement. Wow! The carbs of it all. Good thing I never craved beer! I am working on him to get the basement clear so I can have a place to exercise on these rainy days. I'd be surrounded by hop aroma down there now. Fortunately, my son listened to me about the carbs and maltose. He is not consuming and losing weight also. He got into a shirt from 8 years ago this week. He was just a kid then!

iowahawkeyemom 03-21-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lboogs311 (Post 4261896)
Morning! Great losses already!!! No surprise, I love IP....I have a questions, will antibiotics affect it at all? I tend to think no, but thought I would ask. I have an issue with my gums (lol) so I am on amoxicillin...other than that, rolling along. Hoping to be doen another 20lbs by the 2nd week in May!!! Going to Vegas for work/friends wedding....I know I can do this!!!
Happy Wednesday!

I've been on amoxicillin for twelve days now for a root canal and I don't think it has affected my weight loss. I had a loss of 6.2 lbs in two weeks. Hope this helps.

Chloe222 03-21-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky7285 (Post 4261898)
Good Morning/afternoon to you all,

Today is my 2nd day OP slight headache but I think that's because spring has sprung in Manhattan. But, I have water too to help with the headache. I have my foods for the day. So, Just time to work at the office till I see the Rangers/ Red Wings game at MSG with a girlfriend of mine, Wishing you all a GREAT day -Candice :)

Sky,
Think I've read here that a helping of the IP salt (Real Salt brand) can alleviate a headache quickly. just sprinkle some in your hand, lick, drink water.

This a fabulous diet.
Chloe

Samba 03-21-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom (Post 4261951)
I've been on amoxicillin for twelve days now for a root canal and I don't think it has affected my weight loss. I had a loss of 6.2 lbs in two weeks. Hope this helps.

I too am on amoxy for a root canal. Going to get that tomorrow. I have not noticed a difference in weight loss.

DanafromAustin 03-21-2012 11:14 AM

Happy Wednesday everyone! The sun is finally out here in Austin Texas today and the rain has moved on. Tomorrow it will be in the low 80's; love springtime in TX.

I've been doing a lot of reading the last couple of days about loose skin from weight loss and found out some interesting things, such as loose skin doesn't have to be a forgone conclusion of weight loss regardless of our age. I'm starting to find some on my backside, and it's not pretty. Basically the articles I've read said it's more of an issue of fat underneath the skin that is left over rather than skin that won't back bounce back. All of the articles state weight bearing exercises are crucial and so is taking collagen. I do both. They mention building up your lean muscle mass and loosing the fat, and not just going by what the scale says is key to the loose skin solution. That's why I was excited at my WI yesterday. The one pound loss was nothing to get excited about, but the gaining 3 pounds of lean muscle mass and loosing one pound of fat. now that was exciting. My fat loss has been extremely slow till I started doing more strength training at the gym. My coach has always told me, "I don't care what your goal weight is, I care about your body fat goal."

I hope everyone has a great day and congrats on all of the losses today.

Patty17 03-21-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le506 (Post 4261943)
Today is MY DAY!

:yay: today for the first time in 3 years, I WORE SHORTS IN PUBLIC... granted you have to get over the blindingly white paleness of them, but once you put your sunglasses on, they look pretty darn good.

:spin: just got back from weigh-in #7 and lost another 3 lbs. I thought after last weeks 3 this would be a small week, but no! 20 total :carrot:

off to spread more cheer around today, hope you all do the same!

Way to go! Now your legs can get some color!

jenn04 03-21-2012 11:29 AM

So i purchased my IP products yesterday, but i am not going to start until Friday bc i hv to go out of town for a funeral. I hava a grocery list started so i will b prepared if anyone has any helpful items to add to my list please let me know. I hv read all of the advice on previous forums n i believe u guys hv prepared me well.

le506 03-21-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn04 (Post 4261980)
So i purchased my IP products yesterday, but i am not going to start until Friday bc i hv to go out of town for a funeral. I hava a grocery list started so i will b prepared if anyone has any helpful items to add to my list please let me know. I hv read all of the advice on previous forums n i believe u guys hv prepared me well.

at the grocery store look for Mrs Dash (table blend and original I use daily)
I also use gallon size ziplock bags daily to cover veggies and salad with oil or dressing

also look if they have Bragg's Liquid Aminos its a natural soy sauce replacement that I use probably every other day for cooking my meats/stirfry - usually in the "healthy/organic" section or with the soy sauces

DanafromAustin 03-21-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn04 (Post 4261980)
So i purchased my IP products yesterday, but i am not going to start until Friday bc i hv to go out of town for a funeral. I hava a grocery list started so i will b prepared if anyone has any helpful items to add to my list please let me know. I hv read all of the advice on previous forums n i believe u guys hv prepared me well.

Friday is a great day to start. That way if you don't feel good going through carb withdrawal (which can last a few days) at least you will be home and not at work for the worst part of it. Best of luck to you on this plan; it's great.

shiipa 03-21-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4261845)
Good morning everyone! And a fine day it is!

I know what you mean about the scale not being the most accurate measurement of your health - I chose to phase out when I could fit into size 10 jeans (I was a 28-30 !), and a plastic surgeon told me I had 20 pds of skin, so my 155 scale weight was a virtual 135 lb, which was a healthy BMI. I have always had people tell me that I didn't look as heavy as my weight showed.

Anyway, today, I want to read up on the Phase 4 stuff, which I'll be starting next week. That, and continue my projects here at home to get the house ready to sell. Still have drawers of clothes that need sorting and donating. This week I got a new bra that is the best I ever had, and 2 pairs of pants on a clearance rack at Macy's, so I'm happy.

Have a perfectly delightful day!

Since you mentioned plastic surgeon: are you considering having the excess skin removed? If so, look into donation for burn victims. That may reduce the cost of the procedure. Not sure how reliable the info is but it's worth checking
out. A friend of mine mentioned it as she is preparing to have her arms tightened.

Sewmam 03-21-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le506 (Post 4261989)
at the grocery store look for Mrs Dash (table blend and original I use daily)
I also use gallon size ziplock bags daily to cover veggies and salad with oil or dressing

also look if they have Bragg's Liquid Aminos its a natural soy sauce replacement that I use probably every other day for cooking my meats/stirfry - usually in the "healthy/organic" section or with the soy sauces

Does the Bragg's have a similar taste? I've been using a low-sodium organic tamari but even that has alot of sodium. Have seen the Braggs but never tried it.

jbezanis 03-21-2012 12:40 PM

Hi everyone. Day 8 for me. Yesterday was a tough one, but I am resolved to keep at it today. Noticed sagging skin on breasts last night. Not pretty! I guess that's the first place you loose. I'll start weight training and bicyling again next week. My coach told me no exercise for the first 2 weeks. I did go show shoeing on Sunday, that was a blast.

purple sky 03-21-2012 12:40 PM

DH and I are now down 80 lbs. 80 pounds in 84 days.

Sewmam 03-21-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiipa (Post 4262039)
Since you mentioned plastic surgeon: are you considering having the excess skin removed? If so, look into donation for burn victims. That may reduce the cost of the procedure. Not sure how reliable the info is but it's worth checking
out. A friend of mine mentioned it as she is preparing to have her arms tightened.

No money. I'd do it in a heartbeat, after at least a year or two of giving the body a chance to recover what it can. I'm on disability and am selling my house because of expenses. If I ever get rich, I'd sure do it. It'd cost over $40,000 to do my arms, stomach, breasts, thighs and butt. I'll just have to live with it all for now and wear short sleeves. :)

purple sky 03-21-2012 12:52 PM

Braggs has a different kind of taste. A little hard to describe. Almost pungent. It's good but you have to see how you like it. We had it with a beef stir fry the other day and it seemed to break down the meat. So the texture was interesting. It is very good for you as we need Amino Acids. Put a smaller amount on chicken and could not really taste it. Also used Chinese 5-spice with beef so that also had an impact on the flavor. Intense but good. Lifted it with some fresh squeezed lemon juice.

Also, antibiotics are allowed on this diet.

angie773 03-21-2012 01:07 PM

today is my 4th day and i'm working from home which might not have been such a good idea. i had an extra snack today =/ i'm really trying to stick to the guidelines. those chocolate soy puffs are so good!

angie773 03-21-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4262112)
DH and I are now down 80 lbs. 80 pounds in 84 days.

that is AMAZING! just on the IP diet or are you doing anything else?

bethanym 03-21-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie773 (Post 4262162)
today is my 4th day and i'm working from home which might not have been such a good idea. i had an extra snack today =/ i'm really trying to stick to the guidelines. those chocolate soy puffs are so good!

I actually don't buy anything that falls into the "so good" category just because I don't want to be tempted, lol. I work from home every day, so it's just better that I limit my temptations to veggies, lol.

dcapulet 03-21-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie773 (Post 4262162)
today is my 4th day and i'm working from home which might not have been such a good idea. i had an extra snack today =/ i'm really trying to stick to the guidelines. those chocolate soy puffs are so good!

Hi Angie,

I work from home all the time - it can be a landmine! What I do is have my meals on a schedule - i'm on the "5's" - 12:05, for example. Then, I know how long it was since and until my next meal. I also write down everything, including my water intake. That way, I know I am getting the amount I need, and not forgetting about it.

Things didn't change for me until about day 5 -until then, I was super hungry all the time. I was pretty hungry day 5-10. Now I am on day 13 and feel moderate hunger right before meals. I have stopped thinking about food all the time - which is great, because I sit right next to it all day.

Hang in there - you are doing great! Hopefully you will feel better soon.

rrrigos 03-21-2012 01:30 PM

Week 11 tomorrow
 
So tomorrow is week 11 so far I've lost 35 pounds...what a game changer I have three more pounds to goal weight but may go for ten more since this diet is so easy...it is so worth it you can do it!!!!!

salmongirl 03-21-2012 01:44 PM

This diet is all about planning and yesterday I dropped the ball! It was an unexpectedly busy day and I left the house without food thinking I would be back in time to eat and I was not. At the end of the day I ended up eating a hamburger patty at 8:00 pm, getting home at 9 and not eating my veggies. Then I had a shake at about 9:15 and went to bed. This is the first day in 8 weeks I haven't done the program exactly right!

Lesson learned, an emergency kit in the car could really be helpful! Also don't get too relaxed on planning!

Anyway no real harm done just don't want to get off my groove!

I hope everyone has a good day and remember, plan ahead!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.