Old 03-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlsab1 View Post
Thank you. Yes, I am using them for some positive reinforcement. I am the only one in my household doing the diet, so it is hard with all the tempting foods and smells everywhere! Plus, I started the diet during my TOM. I got the Depo shot over a month ago and my body is not agreeing with it! Took it to help with hormonal migraines. It didn't help because I still ended up getting my TOM anyway--but this time is lasting much longer. blek!
I gained 50 pounds in eight-ish months after starting Depo. If you notice it gets harder to lose, I would recommend giving it the boot! I just recently gave up on all hormonal BC and am hoping that will allow me to lose and maintain my weight loss better.
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
I told myself that I ever went off protocol I would never write it on here. I want you all to think of me as a hard worker working on my weigh goals, but I really blew it yesterday and have to get it off my chest....

It is the first time I cheated since I started in December and I feel so horrible and so angry with myself....

The day started off great with a 5K (which I ran in 32:24!) but then everyone stopped in for a beer to celebrate. Usually I say no thanks, but I had one.... and then another.....

Then my friends and I went to Newport to celebrate St. Patty's Day. and again I usually just drink water with lemon, but instead I had another two Guinness and THEN after all that horrible beer.... I actually ate a sandwich and didn't take off the BREAD!!!!! YIKES!!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!

I got on the scale this morning and gained a whole 3.5lbs.

I am depressed and feel sluggish and feel so ANGRY with myself. And mostly embarrassed. I know I am better than that.

I know that many of you have said that once you get kicked out of ketosis it is impossible to get back in to it. What if I ruined everything?

I have worked so hard and I feel like I really let myself down.

I am just venting. I know that I need to pick up my head up and just start back 100% today. WHICH I AM!

Oh hum. I'm such an idiot!

I know the feeling, happened to me last time around. Don't be so hard on yourself. It takes I believe 3,500 calories to gain one pound, so most is water weight im sure and will come off fast if you jump right back on.
I stayed in on St Patty's day because I knew I could not resist., but I was sad and mopey all weekend lol. Just start over and move forward.
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
My first thought...

There is no way I could run 5K on this diet even with extra packets. Did you run out of calories and your body just wanted something NOW? Then the backslide let to the mentality of "oh well"?

Here's a good quote from the beck diet solution on facebook:

Everybody makes dieting mistakes. Everybody. Once dieters learn how to get right back on track after a slip up, they don’t have to live in fear of them and as long as dieters recover immediately, mistakes NEVER have to lead to them throwing in the towel

Ditto on wuv's entire post, only you can control what goes into your mouth. But the easiest way to do that is to support yourself and your surroundings. Personally, I'd cut out the excersise until you're done, it's such a tight rope of enough or not enough calories...it is just easier to wait until your at your goal.
Ishbel! WOW, what a weight loss! You must be so proud of yourself! You rock!
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post

I know that many of you have said that once you get kicked out of ketosis it is impossible to get back in to it. What if I ruined everything?

I am living proof that it is def possible to get back into ketosis. My first time around with IP we had a HUGE carry in at work and I gave into temptation and ate like total crap. The next day I was up two pounds and out of ketosis. But within 3-4 days I had lost the weight and was back in.. It def was a lot more difficult to deal with the withdraws after that, but I did it. You can too.

Way to go on the 5k, I dream of being a runner.. But I don't know if I will ever have that stamina!! You go girl!!!
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #35  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
I gained 50 pounds in eight-ish months after starting Depo. If you notice it gets harder to lose, I would recommend giving it the boot! I just recently gave up on all hormonal BC and am hoping that will allow me to lose and maintain my weight loss better.
I've been on Depo for a few years and find it easier to loss weight. My TOM went away after a couple months and then so did the migraine headaches, PMS cravings, bloating, etc. I haven't had any problems with emotional ups and downs due to hormones. I previously lost 50 lbs on a different program, now 32 down on IP.

Everyone reacts different so give it a try for a couple months but if it isn't working for you then try something different.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

Like my hubster tells me all the time' It is what it is, get past it and keep moving forward". I can't imagine the activity points you racked up by running a 5K!!! Not to mention your body was still burning calories while you drank and ate. I gained a couple pounds after a day of very hard activity and someone once told me that is just water weight. You body retains fluid to surround the muscles to help them recover. Give yourself a couple days I'm sure it will go back down by next weight in. Kudo's to you. A 5k BOY what an inspiration you are.
DiabeticDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #37  
konsheart

S/C/G: 243/ 237/130

Height: 5'5

wow i am in that same situation gained back 2 lbs in water and i felt bad about it i really feel great that there is so many nice folk on here
konsheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #38  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Just wanted to give you all an update! I took your advice and stopped feeling so guilty and got back on the wagon 100%.

I had my weigh in today and was SOOOOOO nervous. But I actually managed to lose 1.4lbs! I am so realived that I didn't completely blow it

Lesson Learned!!!!! CHEATING IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!! I may not have gained weight, but imagine what I could have accomplished if I didn't go off protocol.

Thanks again everyone. You are all AMAZING people and I am lucky to have your support and kindness.
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote