Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else?

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Darbs I so hear you. I almost never tell people what I weigh as they all think I weigh less number wise. The number is a major issue. My bmi is ok, but my bodyfat is very low. I so want the scale to reflect my size....But this is why I am trying to accept 145 will probably be it for me.
    I bought a cute bikini yesterday in size small. I even left the changing room and showed it to the ladies in the store-who asked me how I keep in such great shape. They didn't like my "I eat no carbs and work out every day" advice lol.

But it made me feel good.
  • Quote: Darbs I so hear you. I almost never tell people what I weigh as they all think I weigh less number wise. The number is a major issue. My bmi is ok, but my bodyfat is very low. I so want the scale to reflect my size....But this is why I am trying to accept 145 will probably be it for me.
    I bought a cute bikini yesterday in size small. I even left the changing room and showed it to the ladies in the store-who asked me how I keep in such great shape. They didn't like my "I eat no carbs and work out every day" advice lol.

But it made me feel good.
    I had a similar experience with a bikini in a dressing room...when a woman saw me...she said I wish I had that body to rock a bikini in.

Now, imagine shorter than you...and 20 pounds heavier....yeah that scale is killing me.

I am not a small....I am not overly skinny....I am a medium in almost everything...occasionally a small in things and occasionally a large (junior stuff mostly). I also have a significant chest (36 C or D...depending on brand and where I am measured...they all say between cup sizes). So, curvy is the typical label for me.

I need to learn to accept myself or I will spend my life I have left wasting time and also driving the hubby nuts.
  • Yes, we all need to fins self acceptance and a long term way of eating we can enjoy.
    I am jealous to see you golf every day. Our course is just opening, but I usually only get out twice a week. We also walk and carry, but our Friday evening games are usually pretty "social"! Must practice self control!
  • Quote: Yes, we all need to fins self acceptance and a long term way of eating we can enjoy.
    I am jealous to see you golf every day. Our course is just opening, but I usually only get out twice a week. We also walk and carry, but our Friday evening games are usually pretty "social"! Must practice self control!
    We are young empty nesters. I have been with hubby since I was 16...we had one child and she lives in Austin Texas and is married and going on 23. I am 41 and hubby is 45. I am a high school science teacher and hubby is a manager for a company of a New England sales territory. So summers I am off and he sets his own hours.

We love golf and are quite competitive with each other...so far it is 50% for wins against each other.

Being young empty nesters with enough finances and time and love to enjoy life....is the enemy....it gets me in trouble every time. We are always thinking of nights away and fun things to do....trouble trouble trouble.
  • Wow. I am 40 and my kids just turned 7 and 9. It will be a while before we are free., but we have a great live in nanny who is willing to babysit evenings and some weekend mornings to get out!
    Yes, free time is dangerous...I am taking my daughter to England next weekend...must avoid fish and chips and have bacon and eggs instead!!!!
  • How's it going ladies? Things here are going OK.

I hear ya on the scale talk. It is such a battle of wanting to see and knowing that I shouldn't check everyday. Ugh! I stepped on the scale and was a little disappointed that I haven't lost anything between Tues. & today. I know I shouldn't be, because it is ridiculous. But at the same time I want confirmation that P1 is "working". I know, I know. I have been on this program long enough to know better. But to me, the hardest part is changing your "mind" and not your "diet". Why do we let things like this affect us this way?

Anyway, as a result, I am struggling to stay on plan. I broke down and had a teaspoon of PB. Ugh. It could have been worse and even though I had this minor slip, I am still determined to stick it out on P1. So glad that we have each other!

I am still feeling good about my reboot and being on P1 but it just stinks that I let the scale rule my mood. And I honestly do not know how to change it. I am going to keep on going and keep on trying to lose the last few pounds. I also did notice that I felt like I looked like my stomach was a little flatter. Always gotta love that
  • Quote: How's it going ladies? Things here are going OK.

I hear ya on the scale talk. It is such a battle of wanting to see and knowing that I shouldn't check everyday. Ugh! I stepped on the scale and was a little disappointed that I haven't lost anything between Tues. & today. I know I shouldn't be, because it is ridiculous. But at the same time I want confirmation that P1 is "working". I know, I know. I have been on this program long enough to know better. But to me, the hardest part is changing your "mind" and not your "diet". Why do we let things like this affect us this way?

Anyway, as a result, I am struggling to stay on plan. I broke down and had a teaspoon of PB. Ugh. It could have been worse and even though I had this minor slip, I am still determined to stick it out on P1. So glad that we have each other!

I am still feeling good about my reboot and being on P1 but it just stinks that I let the scale rule my mood. And I honestly do not know how to change it. I am going to keep on going and keep on trying to lose the last few pounds. I also did notice that I felt like I looked like my stomach was a little flatter. Always gotta love that
    Here ya.....here ya......her ya. I guess that is what I was trying to say the other day about a reboot having some twicks....only so I don't quit. I am alway so great for 10-12 days...no twicks...no cheats....then the scale doesn't move....I get discouraged...so I twick slightly (nuts/peanut butter/eggs/little cheese) so that I stay in ketosis and don't quit altogther.

My first week and half of reboot...down 8 pounds...last two weeks down .2 pounds. I have heard this from many rebooters.

Wondering if it is because we are losing fat?
  • Yippppeee for today the scale is down a pound after a 10 day hold! Hopefully I see it drop drop drop for the next 2 weeks. I feel reinspired....but that could b squished by another stall.

Just had my shake....headed to the doctor's then to Vermont to see my mom (haven't seen her in a few months).
  • Yes, I do think we are losing fat. I took my measurements this morning and they are down, and the scale has not budged in 3 days. I am still committed to the reboot. I am going to keep going, because at the end of the day it is not necessarily my "weight" that I am dissatisfied with, it is the way my stomach looks. So if I can get it flatter and the number doesn't really change, I would be ok with that. I am still right around my goal number, so I think that is an advantage.

Although it stinks for you Darbs, I am glad to hear that you had stretches of non movement on the scale, and you kept at it! I really do need to not step on the scale every day. I will weigh myself on Sunday, since it will be 1 week, and I am going to try like the dickens to not step on during the week. We shall see.
  • Oh! CONGRATS! That is great that the scale finally moved! I am so happy for you and so proud that even though you had 10 days of no movement, you stuck to the plan and stayed on P1.
  • Quote: My first week and half of reboot...down 8 pounds...last two weeks down .2 pounds. I have heard this from many rebooters.

Wondering if it is because we are losing fat?
    Quote: Yes, I do think we are losing fat. I took my measurements this morning and they are down, and the scale has not budged in 3 days. I am still committed to the reboot. I am going to keep going, because at the end of the day it is not necessarily my "weight" that I am dissatisfied with, it is the way my stomach looks. So if I can get it flatter and the number doesn't really change, I would be ok with that. I am still right around my goal number, so I think that is an advantage.

)
    I'm glad you ladies brought this up! I have been wondering the same thing as to whether or not we're still losing even tho the scale isn't moving!! I am definitely noticing my clothes are fitting better despite the numbers moving at a snails pace! Now that I've lost all the weight and put a few lbs back on, I've noticed the extra poundage makes its presence known as an annoying "muffin top"...LOL!! I'm thinking that I might get to where I feel comfortable (getting rid of the muffin top that is), then going down another 5.... JUST TO GIVE ME A BUFFER!! I still plan to get down to 160ish to stabilize around 165, but it will be interesting to pay attention this time with regard to the "muffin"! I feel really good except that darn donut around my waist!!

It has been a tough couple of days (even tho I have been OP). Went out to lunch yest and was "Miss Cranky Pants" because I had my boring salad with my WF dressing, while the others had something I WANTED!!! Ugh!! BUT...what keeps me going is the memory of how GREAT it feels to be comfy in my jeans!! I can do this!! I HAVE TO!! I tell myself I have no other choice!!

Also wanted to mention that thru my IP clinic (which I hadn't gone to to get weighed in at anymore since last Sept prob...but...), they are having a 5 week workshop on emotional eating. I have attended the first 3 so far. I'm trying very hard to figure out "what I'm REALLY hungry for"....cuz it's NOT food!! All these years I have been reaching for the junk food when I'm stressed, happy, angry, sad, etc. NOW I am trying to take a deep breath when LIFE comes at me from all directions and let myself FEEL the emotions, instead of stuffing them down with food. It's amazing to realize that, again, it's not the food that I'm hungry for!!

• Just thought I would chime in and after 3 weeks of a stall I lost 2 pounds! YAY 145!
    I've been bouncing between 147 and 148 for forever so it was such a relief to see the scale move today!
  • I was out for lunch with 2 people I didn't know this week. I seriously considered just ordering a burger and fries....but I didn't! It was very herd, and I s, not sure why as I eat low carb all the time.
    Other peoples food can be an issue.
  • Well, I saw a little bit of movement in the scale this morning, down .4. At this point I will take it and I am down exactly 5# since Sunday. Not too bad considering my first week on IP almost a year ago I lost 5.6#. I am now going to try to stay off of the scale at least for a few days.

I am feeling better and I can tell that I am shrinking, so I need to just concentrate on that and let the scale be.

Mom- sometimes I too get wrapped up in what others order. It is a never ending battle, or at least it seems that way...
  • going going gone!