Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Made it through the day today. This past weekend was tough for me. But, today I had renewed determination. Only human to have lows and highs, but I so want to stay OP and have this work well.

Trained dogs all afternoon. That took my mind off of food. Showed me how well distraction can work and how staying away from my trigger situations helps. I was not hungry or thinking of food.

By the time I could get to supper, I was pretty hungry though. There isn't steak here often, but I got a filet on sale. It was wonderful with spinach and grilled mushrooms. Tomorrow I am to get up and bike the dogs as well as track one or two. This should help too. I hope the weather holds. I am going to have to figure out how to live with rainy or cold days.....bored and cravings come on! Yikes!

Fortunately, there are no little kids here who want snackies. My son is living at home, but is doing alternatives with great success. Only thing is sometimes he has eaten something I was planning on! DH does not have much to lose, but he is game. We ate Mexican the other night. I had a salad. He was so funny as he set the chips aside. He even just ate his fajitas with a fork and didn't open the tortillas in front of me!

Everyone here having losses keeps me hanging on. I hit a stall and am trying to accept it as an important part of the process!!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #107  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

So this is what I made tonight. I had some leftover cauliflower popcorn. I had let this batch cook a while almost to the point of burning so the flavor was more concentrated but it was also spicy as a result. Could not eat them plain. I had stuck some in my mashed potato soup earlier today and it really picked it up.
This evening I made some ground beef but instead of big mac in a bowl, i mixed it with the leftover partially charred spicy popcorn and I really liked it. If you have ever eaten potatoes and ground beef together that is what it was like. I suspect this could work with leftover turnip fries or something.

Oh, my NSV. This was a cooking sheet victory. I used parchment paper today and saved myself the grief of scraping the burnt bits of veggies off my already rough looking pan. I never thought I could take parchment paper to 450 degrees. I still kept it below 450 just in case.

Hang in there, Samba.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #108  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello all my fellow lil fat chickee's! I have been really busy the past little bit and haven't had much time to log on. It's funny how much I miss it and wonder how you are all doing. I'm hoping to have a little time tomorrow to catch up on some threads and see what is new with everyone. The next few weeks til my vacation are kind of busy, but I guess that is good it'll come faster! I'm feeling really nervous about the phase off. Not so much the phase off, as the restarting when I get back. I just wish I could keep OP the whole time in Mexico, but I know for me it isn't a realistic option and I'd be setting myself up for failure. I did see one thread today about cheating and how it is a slippery slope and how hard it is to get back OP. I know I'm doing a mini phase off so its not exactly the same, but reading those things puts the fear in me. I get back on a Thursday and have an appointment at my clinic that Saturday, so I know I'll be accountable that way. Sigh. I spend far too much time worrying about this. Anyways, I'm babbling. Hope everyone is doing well & staying 100% Happy (almost) Wednesday!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #109  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone, I can't believe I have been doing this lifestyle change for 9 weeks! I am still hanging in there. Going to try to be strong for the rest of this month--birthdays, birthdays everywhere. I can keep on doing it! Good luck to everyone, everyday.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #110  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Hello all my fellow lil fat chickee's! I have been really busy the past little bit and haven't had much time to log on. It's funny how much I miss it and wonder how you are all doing. I'm hoping to have a little time tomorrow to catch up on some threads and see what is new with everyone. The next few weeks til my vacation are kind of busy, but I guess that is good it'll come faster! I'm feeling really nervous about the phase off. Not so much the phase off, as the restarting when I get back. I just wish I could keep OP the whole time in Mexico, but I know for me it isn't a realistic option and I'd be setting myself up for failure. I did see one thread today about cheating and how it is a slippery slope and how hard it is to get back OP. I know I'm doing a mini phase off so its not exactly the same, but reading those things puts the fear in me. I get back on a Thursday and have an appointment at my clinic that Saturday, so I know I'll be accountable that way. Sigh. I spend far too much time worrying about this. Anyways, I'm babbling. Hope everyone is doing well & staying 100% Happy (almost) Wednesday!
Don't stress....you have the right mindset for continued success. Have fun on your trip and I am sure you will make better choices even if you are not able to stick to it 100%. Your appt. right when you get back will help motivate you Keep up the great work!
Closed Thread