Old 08-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #226  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Quickly gotta get back to the lab - but I scanned in some Phase 3 / 4 handouts from my coach.

The Phase 3 Handout has some calorie/nutrition counts and menu ideas. The Phase 3_4 Workshop goes over some extra Phase 4 information.

Not sure if it's already posted on here somewhere - just thought if so, another place wouldn't hurt!
Thanks for posting the sheets. I'm going to crosscheck them against mine to see if they are the same version (I think they are).

Do you plan to stay on Phase 2 for the maximum two weeks or does your coach recommend a shorter amount depending on how the first week goes (that is, if it slows down your losses like the extra calories should)? Your profile isn't updated but it looks like you definitely hit the lowered 145 goal (congrats!). Did you hit your bodyfat goal as well?

Your consistent success has been so much fun to watch.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #227  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
Thanks for posting the sheets. I'm going to crosscheck them against mine to see if they are the same version (I think they are).

Do you plan to stay on Phase 2 for the maximum two weeks or does your coach recommend a shorter amount depending on how the first week goes (that is, if it slows down your losses like the extra calories should)? Your profile isn't updated but it looks like you definitely hit the lowered 145 goal (congrats!). Did you hit your bodyfat goal as well?

Your consistent success has been so much fun to watch.
I do plan on staying in P2 the maximum 2 weeks - I will be on business travel the second week of P2 and didn't want to learn the new P3 rules in a hotel without a full kitchen. I am drooling waiting for that first breakfast on Aug 17th! I actually made 3lb below goal at 25% body fat, I'm still hoping I can still modify my body composition a little more to make it into the "Fitness" range (I'm 1% above it!).

Last edited by LizRR; 08-03-2012 at 10:49 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Congrats Liz!!!!!
I'm so happy for you!
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #229  

Quote:
I do plan on staying in P2 the maximum 2 weeks - I will be on business travel the second week of P2 and didn't want to learn the new P3 rules in a hotel without a full kitchen. I am drooling waiting for that first breakfast on Aug 17th! I actually made 3lb below goal at 25% body fat, I'm still hoping I can still modify my body composition a little more to make it into the "Fitness" range (I'm 1% above it!).
I know you'll make it, I did the math!
35.75 of FM now, 33.6 of FM at 140 is 24%
2.15 of fat is likely 2.87 of total weight.
At 139, 24% is 33.3.
Basically, lose 3 lbs in TWO weeks.
Theoretically, you are still at least at 500 calorie deficit in P2, so two pounds in two weeks would be expected.
Three pounds in two weeks for you?
Done!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #230  

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
I know you'll make it, I did the math!
35.75 of FM now, 33.6 of FM at 140 is 24%
2.15 of fat is likely 2.87 of total weight.
At 139, 24% is 33.3.
Basically, lose 3 lbs in TWO weeks.
Theoretically, you are still at least at 500 calorie deficit in P2, so two pounds in two weeks would be expected.
Three pounds in two weeks for you?
Done!
LOL!!! Thanks! I could have pushed a few more weeks of P1 to guarantee it, but honestly - I already lowered my goal once and I am really itching to start babymaking soon. I already have a 3-4 month wait until after maintenance 'settling' before we want to TTC#2, and another week for a few lb can translate into a missed month of ovulation! And at 38, I need all the time I can get...but these 5 months have been sooooooo worth it!

I started to add in some light cardio this week on my off-weightlifting days. In P1 I was already doing a 1mile warmup jog + 1 hour weightlifting class 3x/week, I am adding in a 2.5mi jog @ 11-12 min/mi pace 3x/week on my off-days (Fridays are my massage days! I bought a package of 10 massages as my P1 reward!!). I had tried to do a similar jog in P1 and it was a DISASTER - but I am having no problems right now.

Once P3 comes I plan on bumping up the running in both distance and pace. I am still purposely keeping it slow now. I am a former fat runner, I am SUPER HAPPY that I can pick it up again. After my pregnancy when my back problems surfaced I had to cut it out, but I have been pain free for months, and got the all clear from my orthopedist! My last race was the San Antonio Half Marathon Nov 2009, the day before I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant! Hoping I can pick up a few road races in the interim.

Well - I just went through and C&Pd all the former breakfast posts and plan on formulating 2 weeks of delicious breakfasts!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-07-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #231  

Quote:
LOL!!! Thanks! I could have pushed a few more weeks of P1 to guarantee it, but honestly - I already lowered my goal once and I am really itching to start babymaking soon. I already have a 3-4 month wait until after maintenance 'settling' before we want to TTC#2, and another week for a few lb can translate into a missed month of ovulation! And at 38, I need all the time I can get...but these 5 months have been sooooooo worth it!

I started to add in some light cardio this week on my off-weightlifting days. In P1 I was already doing a 1mile warmup jog + 1 hour weightlifting class 3x/week, I am adding in a 2.5mi jog @ 11-12 min/mi pace 3x/week on my off-days (Fridays are my massage days! I bought a package of 10 massages as my P1 reward!!). I had tried to do a similar jog in P1 and it was a DISASTER - but I am having no problems right now.

Once P3 comes I plan on bumping up the running in both distance and pace. I am still purposely keeping it slow now. I am a former fat runner, I am SUPER HAPPY that I can pick it up again. After my pregnancy when my back problems surfaced I had to cut it out, but I have been pain free for months, and got the all clear from my orthopedist! My last race was the San Antonio Half Marathon Nov 2009, the day before I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant! Hoping I can pick up a few road races in the interim.

Well - I just went through and C&Pd all the former breakfast posts and plan on formulating 2 weeks of delicious breakfasts!
With the exercise, you could also lose a little in P3, so you got it covered.
I had been dieting before a got pregnant at 38 and the weight came back rapidly, even though I was keeping a reasonable diet, so the decision to "stop" at 145 should work out quite well for you. Plus, I think 145 is a weight you will return to by the time you stop nursing (assuming you plan to). You can take off more weight from there, should you still desire it. My "older sister" advice.

I took step and aerobics classes when pregnant with my daughter, up until a couple days before I gave birth. It felt great. Nice that you will now be able to do the running that you enjoy.

I spent my money on personal training sessions which I enjoy with my now 14 year old. Maybe she should have gotten those and I should of gotten the massages. What was I thinking?

Well, if you don't want to fly out, would you consider freezing the phase 3 breakfasts and shipping them? ; )

I really enjoy my very boring Phase 3 choices and they keep me full for so long. It's lunch and dinner that are kind of annoying. I'll be trying your purees.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #232  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Starting to read through this thread. Had my first phase 3 breakfast! yummy and yay! Honestly, I would have easily stayed phase 1 or 2 forever.... So, I was a bit under the calorie count but within guidelines on all the areas. Is that OK? Thanks for our input!

Phase 3 Breakfast

Greek Yogurt. * 6 oz. * 7 carbs. *18g protein. *0g fat. * *100 cal
Pepp. Bread. * * 2 slice 10 carbs. 10g protein. 3 g fat. 120 cal
Nova lox. * * * * * *2 oz. 0 carb. * 13g protein. * 2.5g fat. 70 cal
Strawberries. * *1 cup. 10 carbs. 3.3g protein. 0g fat. 43 cal
Butter. * * * * * * 1 pat. * * 0 carb. * *0 protein. * * *3.7g fat. 33 cal * * * **

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 27g carb. * *44.3g. * * * 9.2g fat. * *366 calories

Last edited by Tmg1989; 08-12-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #233  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ast-ideas.html

I am anxious for my first P3 breakfast! Leaving on travel tomorrow and did some pre-shopping for my return. Need to fill in my breakfast totals tonight so i can start off right!

Tmg, dont have my P3 sheet on me now, but will look up later!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-12-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 158/156/130

Height: 5' 2 in

Default IP vs Adkins

What is the difference between the Ideal Protein Diet and the Adkins Diet?
Bella130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #235  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

Quote:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ast-ideas.html

I am anxious for my first P3 breakfast! Leaving on travel tomorrow and did some pre-shopping for my return. Need to fill in my breakfast totals tonight so i can start off right!

Tmg, dont have my P3 sheet on me now, but will look up later!

Thanks LizRR. Good luck! It is so different to take te Phase 3 step...
Old 08-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmg1989 View Post
Starting to read through this thread. Had my first phase 3 breakfast! yummy and yay! Honestly, I would have easily stayed phase 1 or 2 forever.... So, I was a bit under the calorie count but within guidelines on all the areas. Is that OK? Thanks for our input!

Phase 3 Breakfast

Greek Yogurt. * 6 oz. * 7 carbs. *18g protein. *0g fat. * *100 cal
Pepp. Bread. * * 2 slice 10 carbs. 10g protein. 3 g fat. 120 cal
Nova lox. * * * * * *2 oz. 0 carb. * 13g protein. * 2.5g fat. 70 cal
Strawberries. * *1 cup. 10 carbs. 3.3g protein. 0g fat. 43 cal
Butter. * * * * * * 1 pat. * * 0 carb. * *0 protein. * * *3.7g fat. 33 cal * * * **

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 27g carb. * *44.3g. * * * 9.2g fat. * *366 calories
It looks pretty close to guidelines to my amateur eye, maybe more 'whole protein' than just 2oz lox, even though you made up for it in other areas. Adding an extra ounce would get you to the right calories and with minimal impact in other areas since the big boost is protein.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #237  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

Quote:
It looks pretty close to guidelines to my amateur eye, maybe more 'whole protein' than just 2oz lox, even though you made up for it in other areas. Adding an extra ounce would get you to the right calories and with minimal impact in other areas since the big boost is protein.
Thanks again for your input!
Old 08-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #238  

Oh man - I had my first Phase 3 breakfast this morning and it was great! I really have been putting some thought and effort into some breakfast recipes - probably showing off my weakness for custardy baked items. I had the Peach Bread Pudding and am having the Strawberry & Cream Stuffed French Toast tomorrow. My hubby asked very nicely for me to make him & baby some as well....LOL! I completely forgot to even consider them in my breakfast prep...who wouldn't want that for breakfast!

I do think something like the bread pudding or baked french toast (they are very similar) would work during the work week. Something that I can set up the night before and just pop in the oven first thing to bake while I get ready in the morning to cook up for me to gobble up before I leave for work! I am completely embracing the Phase 3 guidelines, maybe pushing the envelope on some of the limits (fat on one recipe is exactly 15g), I need to do more research in different ingredients and amounts.

My dad decided to come up to visit this week so I look forward to making TRIPLE batches of Phase 3 breakfasts for me and the guys!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-19-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #239  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

Quote:
Oh man - I had my first Phase 3 breakfast this morning and it was great! I really have been putting some thought and effort into some breakfast recipes - probably showing off my weakness for custardy baked items. I had the Peach Bread Pudding and am having the Strawberry & Cream Stuffed French Toast tomorrow. My hubby asked very nicely for me to make him & baby some as well....LOL! I completely forgot to even consider them in my breakfast prep...who wouldn't want that for breakfast!

I do think something like the bread pudding or baked french toast (they are very similar) would work during the work week. Something that I can set up the night before and just pop in the oven first thing to bake while I get ready in the morning to cook up for me to gobble up before I leave for work! I am completely embracing the Phase 3 guidelines, maybe pushing the envelope on some of the limits (fat on one recipe is exactly 15g), I need to do more research in different ingredients and amounts.

My dad decided to come up to visit this week so I look forward to making TRIPLE batches of Phase 3 breakfasts for me and the guys!
Yummy! I have not varied and just gotten lazy! Will use you as inspiration. Just found your recipies! Thanks!

Last edited by Tmg1989; 08-19-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #240  

I was going through updating my food journal and am noticing the trend of 'dessert for breakfast' with all my Phase 3 recipes! Oh well - it's all within protocol. I'm going to try and make a quadruple serving of pumpkin pie tonight. 1 for my dad, 1 for my husband, and 2 for me (for wed & thur). In the future I'll probably go for the 'quadruple batch' of some of these - always looking for good 'grab & go' options. The past nights though I've been doing the 'single serving' routine since I'm still testing out all these new recipes.

I was pleased to find a 'healthy' alternative for a graham cracker crust within P3 guidelines. I plan on doing some more research into using almond meal vs. the graham crackers - but right now I am so overwhelmed the graham crackers work and are in the guidelines, so convenience wins again!

For lunch I am finding that I still prefer my purees, but am adding in a chopped chicken breast from the work cafeteria mixed in. I should be more diligent to change up my lunch proteins - but I have always varied dinner.