3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative Discussions Here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/254659-alternative-discussions-here.html)

PEIslandGirl 05-05-2012 07:23 AM

Does anyone know a good alternative for the pudding mixes? I really like the shakes with spinach, ice, water and IP Pudding packet - I bought the Whey Protein powder but it just doesn't have the thickness I get with the IP Pudding.

IrishLass59 05-05-2012 07:43 AM

I loved the IP herb and cheese omelet, but found that I could use egg beaters, Land-o-Lakes powdered cheese, and Mrs Dash Tomato Basil or Onion Herb seasoning to make an omelet that is darn good for a tiny fraction of the cost. Need to use 3/4 cup of Egg Beaters to get the same protein grams, but then a quart costs like 5 bucks, versus $4 per omelet from IP!
I received my orders from Diet Direct and Nashua. So far, I have found that the ProtiDiet Cream of Chicken soup to be very thin, and less than satisfying. Too bad. The treasure I found was Bariwise Hot Chocolate Amaretto and Mocha. I made blended in my Ninja with ice, and a scoop of Protithin Vanilla pudding. Wonderful! Someone mentioned before that the ProtiThin Chocolate Soy Puffs were the same as the IP product. This is true - exact same packaging, at about 60% less cost!
My plan is to move to about 75% alternatives. Having lost 48 pounds on IP, I am pleased with the program, but lately the rate has slowed to about 2 pounds a week. At that rate, it is costing me a lot per pound!
Thanks to all for keeping this thread fresh with new ideas and tips! It is very helpful!

northernfawn 05-05-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishLass59 (Post 4321567)
I loved the IP herb and cheese omelet, but found that I could use egg beaters, Land-o-Lakes powdered cheese, and Mrs Dash Tomato Basil or Onion Herb seasoning to make an omelet that is darn good for a tiny fraction of the cost. Need to use 3/4 cup of Egg Beaters to get the same protein grams, but then a quart costs like 5 bucks, versus $4 per omelet from IP!!

Thanks for the egg beater suggestion, i've been missing my breakfast omelets and hadn't found an alternative for them yet. I use about 75% alternatives, but stick to IP for my restricted snacks, mainly because bars are a trigger food for me and the soy puffs and dill zippers are my life savers :)

patns 05-05-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl (Post 4321551)
Does anyone know a good alternative for the pudding mixes? I really like the shakes with spinach, ice, water and IP Pudding packet - I bought the Whey Protein powder but it just doesn't have the thickness I get with the IP Pudding.

I am on maintence now. I had been thinking of getting the GNC Gold Standard whey protein powder. I like the spinach shakes for breakfast on my long commute.
Did you try the GNC kind? I don't know if it is better than any other kind but my son uses it, he is on a plan from his gym. It likely is expensive.
Actually as I am on maintance I use ff almond milk for part of the liguid in my shake about 4 onces along with water and ice cubes in the blender.
That makes the shacks taste thicker.
Pat

Pat

jennydoodle 05-06-2012 11:08 AM

Good morning!

I wanted to let you guys know that I tried the ProtiDiet Chocolate Shake Mix and it is really good! It is not quite as good as the IP chocolate drink (powder) but it is an excellent alternative and I will definitely be ordering it from Nashua again.

sabredawn10 05-06-2012 11:46 AM

The ProtiDiet puddings are good for a shake or for a mugcake. For me they are too thin for pudding .

patns 05-06-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4321153)
Me too. I've made two purchases from Nashua both about $150, you get a free shaker at that point and two free samples

Are you doing all alternatives now? I noticed at the beginning you said you had popped into the clinic on the way home and signed up for the program. I was thinking at the time that maybe alternatives may work well for you but then again some people really benefit from working with a coach so I didn't mention anything there.
Anyway I noticed on the other thread about people being in bad moods that you said you do get quite hungry. I don't get the "wild rage" thing so I wanted to respond to that post here as you were just talking about being hungry, not angry.

I think you need to be careful as you are male and much bigger than many of us and also quite active. It may be easier for you to slip into starvation mode than most people. It may be a good idea to have at least one extra package. Also make sure you get in all the protein coming to you including the extra egg whites.

Good luck, I know you will continue to do well but no need to be hungry in the progess.

Pat

usmcvet 05-06-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4322998)
Are you doing all alternatives now? I noticed at the beginning you said you had popped into the clinic on the way home and signed up for the program. I was thinking at the time that maybe alternatives may work well for you but then again some people really benefit from working with a coach so I didn't mention anything there.
Anyway I noticed on the other thread about people being in bad moods that you said you do get quite hungry. I don't get the "wild rage" thing so I wanted to respond to that post here as you were just talking about being hungry, not angry.

I think you need to be careful as you are male and much bigger than many of us and also quite active. It may be easier for you to slip into starvation mode than most people. It may be a good idea to have at least one extra package. Also make sure you get in all the protein coming to you including the extra egg whites.

Good luck, I know you will continue to do well but no need to be hungry in the progess.

Pat

Thanks Pat.

Wow just saw 1# to go. That is Awesome. I'm doing a mix of IP and alternatives. I was ugly today because I was hungry around lunch but just swore at my IP packets. This morning I was in a great mood but the cinnamon sugar on the huge bagels were not what I wanted to see the kids eat. I said I didn't think it was a good choice. My wife said it was fine. I tried to talk about it more and she said oh now your an expert. That made me snappy back. It went down hill quickly.

usmcvet 05-06-2012 06:43 PM

This week is the first since week one I've been really hungry so I ate more IP and alternatives. I really like the pure protein bars from Walmart. I feel a little funny about it but will wait to see how I did on WI Thursday. My water and veggies intake was down last week too so my coach reminded me to bring it up. Especially the water she said it would help flush my liver and or kidneys I can't remember which. Before IP when I was hungry I had to Eat right away. This is much more under control.

usmcvet 05-06-2012 06:55 PM

Thanks Pat. Just really read your post. I also bought some Isopure protien powder. It is 0/0/0/ and tastes OK.

I should use it more often. I might pull out the blender and mix it with ice tonight for a treat. I have some WF pankake step and chocolate step I might ty with it. Their dressings are OK but I was very disappointed in their peanut butter spread and jelly spread. It was Wicked Nasty. I kinda miss PB&J sandwiches and was excited to try one.

sabredawn10 05-07-2012 10:05 AM

Sale at Bariatric Choice-a good place to get alternatives!
Can't see images? View online. To ensure receipt, please add: [email protected] to your Address Book.

Order Today! Sale Ends Sunday, May 13th.
WonderSlim 4-Week
Diet Package

Sale Price: $263.00
Reg Price: $309.00
BariWise
Fruit Drinks

Sale Price: $9.79
Reg Price: $11.49/Box
ProtiDiet
Squares

Sale Price: $10.59
Reg Price: $12.49/Box
BariWise
Gelatins

Sale Price: $9.79
Reg Price: $11.49/Box
ProtiDiet
Pancakes

Sale Price: $10.59
Reg Price: $12.49/Box
WonderSlim Apple n
Cinnamon Oatmeal

Sale Price: $9.39
Reg Price: $10.99/Box
7-Keto Fit
100 mg

Sale Price: $29.99
Reg Price: $32.99/Bottle
Calcium Bites
Chocolate Caramels

Sale Price: $16.99
Reg Price: $19.99/Jug
WonderSlim
Travel Mug

Sale Price: $5.99
Reg Price: $12.95/Mug

gilly517 06-18-2012 10:47 AM

I am on phase one of IP and have lost 8lbs in 3 weeks but I'm still hungry!!
i've been using protein plus drinks and bars to replace IP bars and drinks , could that be making me hungry? what are you doing when you get hungry besides drinking water?

evepet 06-18-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilly517 (Post 4375151)
I am on phase one of IP and have lost 8lbs in 3 weeks but I'm still hungry!!
i've been using protein plus drinks and bars to replace IP bars and drinks , could that be making me hungry? what are you doing when you get hungry besides drinking water?

Some people eat dill pickles......a cup or two of hot tea (I use decaf Earl Grey with stevia & some vanilla RTD as 'whitener') .... some egg whites.... make a pure 'lettuce salad' and eat it between meals when you're feeling the need. I also find that having a nice cold glass of water with lots of ice and a strong dash of MIO somehow stunts my hunger. Hope these ideas help.

I've been using alternative products, but Protein Plus isn't one of them so I'm not familiar with it. Whenn chosing alternative products, watch out for aspartame. It seems to give some people cravings. And it's pretty unhealthy for other reasons too - just google it.

cyndie 06-20-2012 04:08 PM

I have read that a couple of you really don't like the omelet's from Nashua. I found a post someone made here saying you could make an omelet similar to IP's Herb and Cheese using Egg Beaters, Mrs Dash and Land-o-Lakes powdered cheese. Can we have powdered cheese on phase 1? I couldn't find Land-o-Lakes powdered cheese online, does anyone know where I can find some?

Thanks, all of the info here is SO helpful. I just ordered from Nashua and saved a bunch of money. I couldn't have done it without all the feedback and sharing by everyone here. Thanks.

rainbowsmiles 06-21-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyndie (Post 4378041)
I have read that a couple of you really don't like the omelet's from Nashua. I found a post someone made here saying you could make an omelet similar to IP's Herb and Cheese using Egg Beaters, Mrs Dash and Land-o-Lakes powdered cheese. Can we have powdered cheese on phase 1? I couldn't find Land-o-Lakes powdered cheese online, does anyone know where I can find some?

Thanks, all of the info here is SO helpful. I just ordered from Nashua and saved a bunch of money. I couldn't have done it without all the feedback and sharing by everyone here. Thanks.

http://www.dairyseasoning.com/

you can also check for a store locator in your area...in my area Bi-Los sells it and they just recently put it on CLEARANCE it so might not be carrying it anymore. it is NOT a 0/0/0 item, but the calories are so low that should be ok for IP...so it is like about 5/0/0 so just a few calories