3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Phase 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/254541-phase-2-a.html)

keppie2012 03-09-2012 02:11 PM

Phase 2

Hello all!
I just started Phase 2 about a week ago - have been searching threads and stickys to try to find some posts that are exclusively about Phase 2 and what people are experiencing or have experienced. Can't seem to find anything. Any advice?

Am in my 10th week of IP - ending my first week of Phase 2 - I didn't lose any lbs this week but did lose some inches - trying to not be discouraged by that. I am 2 lbs. away from my initial goal -but I keep trying to figure out if I want to keep going past that. While I am ready for some more flexible meal choices, am getting worried about phasing off and gaining anything back!

Anyway - can anyone else share any experiences during Phase 2?

Thanks much! :)

keppie2012 03-10-2012 03:44 PM

Bump

SaraBean 03-10-2012 03:52 PM

I just started Phase 2 also.... I have been finding it difficult to get enough protein in at lunch time. I am so used to having a big salad and the IP broccoli and cheese soup (which was easy to heat up at work). Without the packet I have been eating a lot of tuna.... and hard boiled eggs.... but when I compare it to the grams of protein in the packets it is not as much.

I have looked through the recipe threads to find some that might help during lunch. I just tried one out today! I can make this and then bring a portion to work.

I copied the information from this link:

https://www.facebook.com/IdealProteinLohja

SAVORY CHICKEN/ HAM PUFFS (All Phases. Serves 2) :
Delicious and portable! Great for lunch! Especially helpful for those just starting the diet who need to snack often during the day until the ketosis kicks in and you dont feel hungry all the time. Because it uses egg whites which are minimal protein and calories, and veggies, this is a great recipe to make and eat 1-2 puffs throughough the day.

Ingredients:
1- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced (using less chicken allows you to eat all of the portions (12) in one day. Using two breasts means you eat half the batch...about 6 portions in one day) Also see notes for other meat suggestions:
5 egg whites
1 cup celery, minced
2 tbsp red or green bell pepper
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp sea salt
Olive oil cooking spray
OPTIONAL: Additional veggies...add 1 or all. I used all.
1/4 cup frozen or fresh chopped raw onion
1/4 - 1/2 cup minced mushrooms (canned or fresh)
1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh alfalpha sprouts and/or mung bean sprouts

Directions:
1. Beat egg whites
2. Mix all ingredients well in a medium bowl.
3. Spoon into 6 well-sprayed muffin cups.
4. Bake at 350 F (about 180 C) 30-35 minutes, until set and lightly browned.

NOTES: I finally made these from a link from another website that I posted earlier. The other recipe didnt have the baking powder, so although they were delicious, they didnt set up as nicely as when you add it.

I also added additional veggies to stretch the batch and get more vegetables in my diet, since I sometimes find it hard to get everything in.

If you are in a rush, you can substitute chopped precooked ham or turkey for the chicken. (I have even just taken a scissors to lunch meat slices to cut into tiny pieces and add in. If I dont want to use all of my meat protein for the day, just use more veggies and a couple of chopped ham slices to flavor the puffs, but still have a leftover allowance of meat protein for later in the day.

I have now made these a few times and love them. They are great hot out of the over and very very good cold. As mentioned above, this is now my "go-to" recipe when I know I will be wanting to snack on something throughout the day or feel especially hungry. Great to make-ahead the night before too.

keppie2012 03-10-2012 04:14 PM

Thank you so much for the ideas!! Lunch is definitely my challenge too - I have pretty much been eating hard boiled eggs and salad using feta cheese most days. I have portioned out bags of shrimp in the freezer that I sauté the night before sometimes for lunches too. I totally agree that the IP soups for lunch were easy for taking to work! I will definitely try this recipe - sounds perfect for me!

Very much enjoying my sprouted bread toast for breakfast and cheese at lunchtime - and fruit at dinner. Phase 2 is a nice change!

patns 03-10-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keppie2012 (Post 4248598)
Thank you so much for the ideas!! Lunch is definitely my challenge too - I have pretty much been eating hard boiled eggs and salad using feta cheese most days. I have portioned out bags of shrimp in the freezer that I sauté the night before sometimes for lunches too. I totally agree that the IP soups for lunch were easy for taking to work! I will definitely try this recipe - sounds perfect for me!

Very much enjoying my sprouted bread toast for breakfast and cheese at lunchtime - and fruit at dinner. Phase 2 is a nice change!

Whoops! Are you doing phase 2 or phase 3? The bread at breakfast and the fruit are not phase 2.

Pat

SaraBean 03-10-2012 04:57 PM

The only thing that is different in phase 2 is instead of a packet at lunch, have 8oz of protein. No bread. No fruits.

Sounds like you might be doing phase 3?

Also I thought in phase 3 (my husband is currently on) you are supposed to eat the bread / fruit in one sitting (breakfast) so your insulin levels spike once and you have all day for your metabolism to adjust.

wuv2bloved 03-10-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraBean (Post 4248642)
The only thing that is different in phase 2 is instead of a packet at lunch, have 8oz of protein. No bread. No fruits.

Sounds like you might be doing phase 3?

Also I thought in phase 3 (my husband is currently on) you are supposed to eat the bread / fruit in one sitting (breakfast) so your insulin levels spike once and you have all day for your metabolism to adjust.

You would be correct on this, I am currently on phase 3 for a week!

Calypso 03-10-2012 08:30 PM

when I was in P1 I would cook up a bunch of chicken and keep it in the refrigerator. I could eat it cold. Also cold cuts work well as does leftover meat from dinner the night before. Hang in there, P2 is a good time, you are getting a bit more freedom, try to enjoy it.

keppie2012 03-10-2012 10:26 PM

Well - now I am confused - the Ideal Protein sheet that my coach gave me says "alternative plan - phase 2" at the top - are there different versions of phase 2? She told me that it came from corporate? It has the 3 groups on it that you add at your meals - bread, dairy, fruit - but you are not supposed to combine the groups at any time - and they recc the bread group at breakfast.

The sheet she gave me is an official IP sheet - now I am really confused?

patns 03-11-2012 12:33 AM

There is an alternative plan for the program. Were you on the alternative plan for phase 1? I have ssen posts on here from people who were diabetic who follow it. I'm not sure what other conditions it applies to.

If you were on the alternative plan in phase 1 you would continue on using thet sheet for phase 2. But if you were on the regular program for phase 1 I think she gave you the wrong sheet.

keppie2012 03-11-2012 10:22 AM

Thanks for responding!
I wasn't on the alternative plan for phase 1 so I'm not sure why she gave me this one - I will ask her. I am 2 lbs from my goal so I hate to go wrong now :) But I have been doing this phase for a full week now - hope it hasn't thrown me too far off. I have really liked my coach through this thing - but sometimes these coaches don't have it all together. A friend of mine has a different coach that has given her some very different guidance in some cases.

Thanks for your help!!

patns 03-11-2012 10:47 AM

You will probably be fine. What you are doing is similiar to phase 3, just having the fruit at a different time. WUv's coach put her on phase 3 for a week while she is still in phase 1 just to see if it can shake things up so it may be good for you too. I am two pounds from my goal too.I am finding it hard to move from the convenience of phase 1 but need to stock up on regular food and move on to phase 2. It's the shopping part I don't like.

keppie2012 03-11-2012 01:05 PM

I so agree with moving away from the convenience of Phase 1 - I feel like I am eating dinner twice - you know? I never thought I would say this but I actually kind of miss my soups!! :)

All of the things that were my faves for dinner are now not as exciting when I am trying to fill up lunch now too. What is really hard is that I was using a cup of my veg for my soups - now I am eating 2 full cups in my salad - lots of vegetables.

Congrats on getting 2 lbs. from your goal! Your stats look very similar to mine.

Thanks for the dialogue on Phase 2 - I just couldn't find much on these threads - helps to talk things through!

Happy Sunday!

SaraBean 03-29-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keppie2012 (Post 4249356)
I so agree with moving away from the convenience of Phase 1 - I feel like I am eating dinner twice - you know? I never thought I would say this but I actually kind of miss my soups!! :)

All of the things that were my faves for dinner are now not as exciting when I am trying to fill up lunch now too. What is really hard is that I was using a cup of my veg for my soups - now I am eating 2 full cups in my salad - lots of vegetables.

Congrats on getting 2 lbs. from your goal! Your stats look very similar to mine.

Thanks for the dialogue on Phase 2 - I just couldn't find much on these threads - helps to talk things through!

Happy Sunday!

I feel the same way!!!! I miss my soups too.... It is hard to get all the protein in at lunch and I feel hungrier than when I was on phase 1.

I am definitely making sure I am eating all the veggies / proteins I need so I am not really sure why I am getting cravings, but it is no fun.....

Anyway, I guess I really shouldn't be complaining. Being on Phase 2 means I am getting closer to my goal:carrot:

Momto2cs 03-29-2012 02:37 PM

I missed my soup, so last year when I did phase 2 I had eggs for breakfast and kept lunch the same as phase 1. It was easier than cooking anothe "dinner".