3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ip Daily Chat Tuesday 3/6/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/254302-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-3-6-2012-a.html)

whisperingshouts 03-06-2012 01:25 AM

Ip Daily Chat Tuesday 3/6/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

whisperingshouts 03-06-2012 01:30 AM

Morning

I hope no one minds me starting today's thread!! I'm wide awake and at work, so I figured I may as well give it a go!!

Tomorrow is weigh in #3.. I'm not feeling too confident this week, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel, nor will I. I can feel a profound difference in my general well being, and I know that will only continue to improve with time. The numbers on the scale may not show my hard work and dedication, but within myself, I know how much effort I have put forth and that is what counts, right???
I emailed my former coach last night, I need supplements and just can't hack the alternatives broccoli soup, so I wanted to place an order... No luck.. She has yet to respond. I suppose I'll give her another day, but if I haven't heard from her by Thursday, I just might have to check with a few of the other coaches that have popped up since I began the program last year. But I really don't want to pay the start up costs all over again just because my coach won't respond to me. She told me last time I went off that I could always return, no questions asked, as long as I was still in good health and had no major health issues between stopping and starting... I guess we will see!!

I wish everyone a good day, be it NSV, OP victories, or just life in general!!!
:hug:

rissimo 03-06-2012 07:13 AM

Wi#16

Good Morning Ipeeps:

Well, weigh in #16 this morning, I am down another 2.6 pounds!!!! I am feeling so much better!! This plan has been such a life saver. I have not had to take any of my medication for Acid Reflux or IBS. And I have not had one migrane since I started. I used to always wake up with a dull headache every morning and go to bed with one and would get migraines 3-4 times a week every week my whole life. And it has been so wonderful not having to deal with those!!!!!

For the newbies out there, this plan really does work if you have your mind set to lose weight. You really have to have your mind, heart and soul set in order for it to work. The first week or so may be the hardest, but once you get past them it is smooth sailing from then on. Don't come into this with your mind set that you are going to have big losses every single week, come into this plan with the mind set that you are changing your habits, the way you think about food and the way that you eat. You are gaining knowledge and will continue learning to help you when you do reach your goal. The weight will go when it is good and ready. Just because you may have a week or two with lower losses does not mean that you are failing this plan because you know that you stayed 100% OP, it just means that your body is having to catch up with what you have lost so far. I know when I started this plan I knew in my heart of hears that I would never had made it this far. My past experiences with diets always ended up in failure within the first few weeks. I guess this time I finally had had enough and I was bound and determined to lose it, 3 1/2 months later and I am still going strong and loving every minute of it. I have not had big losses all the time, and the weeks that I had very little I just keep telling myself that any loss is a good loss regardless of how much or little it is. Everyone's body is different and everyone will lose at different rates. Do not compare your weight loss to anyone else's on this site. And if you do not have ALOT of weight to lose, you will lose at a slower rate. And sometimes it could depend on your age, any medical conditions that you may have etc.... Don't give up on the plan or yourselves. You are so worth it and you do deserve this. Just remember that not eating all the foods that you really enjoy is not forever, it is just temporary and they will still be there when you reach your goal. You may come to find that you may not even want them anymore. I know for me I am not missing anything now like I was in the first month or so. Remember, the pot o gold :goldpot: is at the end of the rainbow and we all will get there one little pound at a time. Just keep your eye on the prize (which is a new and healthier you) and you will succeed!!!

And for those who have started and thought they could not do this and had a little cheat: "Everyone makes mistakes - the only people who never fail are those who never even try." Forgive yourself and jump back on the wagon and move on.

I know that my repeating this all the time may get old for the "seasoned" people on here, but I feel that alot of the newbies need to keep hearing this. Because I know that when I started it was all of ya'll posting about pretty much the same thing that kept me going.

Congratulations on the losses so far and Good Luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a GREAT OP day.

Cadu 03-06-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rissimo (Post 4242609)
Good Morning Ipeeps:

Well, weight in #16 this morning, I am down another 2.6 pounds!!!! I am feeling so much better!!

I know that my repeating this all the time may get old for the "seasoned" people on here, but I feel that alot of the newbies need to keep hearing this. Because I know that when I started it was all of ya'll posting about pretty much the same thing that kept me going.

Rissimo
Congrats on the loss! and thank you for the encouraging words. Being I am just finishing up my 3rd week I am still a newbie and I have those days when I don't lose anything (I am addicted to weighing everyday) I get discouraged and think why am I doing this if I am not losing big like many other people here. I was always one of those people that lost real fast on a diet, but maybe now that I am older (age 46) the weight is going to come off slower. I was expecting to start this diet and lose lots real fast, be done, and get on with my life. But because of people like you that post these types of messages it has changed my thoughts. I am not just losing weight I am gaining knowledge on how to eat correctly and in the long run that will help me to maintain.
So thanks again and keep on losing :)

SewingMomma 03-06-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rissimo (Post 4242609)
Good Morning Ipeeps:

Well, weigh in #16 this morning, I am down another 2.6 pounds!!!! I am feeling so much better!! This plan has been such a life saver. I have not had to take any of my medication for Acid Reflux or IBS. And I have not had one migrane since I started. I used to always wake up with a dull headache every morning and go to bed with one and would get migraines 3-4 times a week every week my whole life. And it has been so wonderful not having to deal with those!!!!!

For the newbies out there, this plan really does work if you have your mind set to lose weight. You really have to have your mind, heart and soul set in order for it to work. The first week or so may be the hardest, but once you get past them it is smooth sailing from then on. Don't come into this with your mind set that you are going to have big losses every single week, come into this plan with the mind set that you are changing your habits, the way you think about food and the way that you eat. The weight will go when it is good and ready. Just because you may have a week or two with lower losses does not mean that you are failing this plan because you know that you stayed 100% OP, it just means that your body is having to catch up with what you have lost so far. I know when I started this plan I knew in my heart of hears that I would never had made it this far. My past experiences with diets always ended up in failure within the first few weeks. I guess this time I finally had had enough and I was bound and determined to lose it, 3 1/2 months later and I am still going strong and loving every minute of it. I have not had big losses all the time, and the weeks that I had very little I just keep telling myself that any loss is a good loss regardless of how much or little it is. Everyone's body is different and everyone will lose at different rates. Do not compare your weight loss to anyone else's on this site. And if you do not have ALOT of weight to lose, you will lose at a slower rate. Don't give up on the plan or yourselves. You are so worth it and you do deserve this. Just remember that not eating all the foods that you really enjoy is not forever, it is just temporary and they will still be there when you reach your goal. You may come to find that you may not even want them anymore. I know for me I am not missing anything now like I was in the first month or so.

And for those who have started and thought they could not do this and had a little cheat: "Everyone makes mistakes - the only people who never fail are those who never even try." Forgive yourself and jump back on the wagon and move on.

Congratulations on the losses so far and Good Luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a GREAT OP day.

Wonderful weigh in! We started at almost the same time and have both had great success. You said it perfectly! I feel so much better than I did before IP, and the plan works!!!!

Chloe222 03-06-2012 08:05 AM

Good morning!
Just had my week 4 weigh in and am down 15 pounds! Really happy about that.

Thank you, everyone, for the great posts daily - they are so motivating and informative. I am doing this w/o a coach despite that fact there is a local clinic which offers IP product but it's on a sketchy, unreliable basis and I've been left in the lurch before. So doing a combo of IP and alternatives now so I can be sure I have a supply of unrestricted foods (use Nashua Nutrition).

Anyway, just ordered a Striiv activity monitor from Amazon. Just learned about it yesterday on this wonderful 3FC website. If you don't know what it is, google it and read up on it - looks like it will help me move a little more while having fun. Costs $99 but if it helps me move more and really enjoy the entire experience - will be well worth it.

Wishing you all a wonderful IP day!

MustangMolly 03-06-2012 08:17 AM

Congrats to all on the good WI's, and thanks Rissi for sharing your experience. I, too, benefitted from hearing those words of encouragement when I first started and even more so when I have had a stall in my progress.

WUV: are you still going to become a coach? I haven't read anything about that lately. You will be such great inspiration for your clients.

I know we all seem to focus on Wuv and her accomplishment when there are others out there who have lost 100 or more pounds...your accomplishments are just as inspiring--you just aren't as visible on the boards. Thanks to everyone who shares, inspires and motivates.

EmilySebetka 03-06-2012 08:29 AM

Even those of us who aren't necessarily newbies need words of encouragement too.

I've been on IP for 3 months and have lost 25lbs. However, 7 of them were from being uber sick. I'm going to have to restart do to my illness, and its not going to be easy. As soon as I can eat OP foods (I'm living on applesauce and toast cuz it doesn't make me worse) and have the money to buy new things, I'm doing it.

Also, for the people who think they are somehow deficient for not losing tons of weight right away or 50lbs in 3 months, you are not. Everyone loses weight differently! Its not a bad thing to be unique!

idealpromom 03-06-2012 08:31 AM

Happy Tuesday !
Wishing everyone a great day!

mtnsun4 03-06-2012 08:34 AM

Good morning Rissimo! And, of course, to all the other IPeeps! Great words to start my day- thanks for sharing Rissimo.

Off to another crazy day at work! I have my food packed and ready to go.

Have a great day all!

MustangMolly 03-06-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilySebetka (Post 4242678)
Even those of us who aren't necessarily newbies need words of encouragement too.

I've been on IP for 3 months and have lost 25lbs. However, 7 of them were from being uber sick. I'm going to have to restart do to my illness, and its not going to be easy. As soon as I can eat OP foods (I'm living on applesauce and toast cuz it doesn't make me worse) and have the money to buy new things, I'm doing it.

Also, for the people who think they are somehow deficient for not losing tons of weight right away or 50lbs in 3 months, you are not. Everyone loses weight differently! Its not a bad thing to be unique!

Very true, I bet we all didn't gain our weight the same way or at the same rate.

pegv 03-06-2012 08:46 AM

I have always lost weight slowly than most people and I am fine with that! I started with IP the week before Thanksgiving and have lost 20 pounds. I am very excited about the loss and I will be at my goal before you know it. I know my coach always looks disappointed at weigh in, but I tell her that I am fine with it and for her not to get upset. I have just recently got my thyroid level back to normal and I am sure this will help with my journey of loosing weight. I am 63 and I know this is against me along with the hypothyroidism. My husband loves my weight losses of just 1 pound a week and said I will keep it off with the slower losses. I know that I feel awesome being on IP and plan on staying with it until the end. Good luck everyone with your weight loss journey and don't give up because everyone can loose on this program.

Peg

Ishbel 03-06-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4242621)
Rissimo
Congrats on the loss! and thank you for the encouraging words. Being I am just finishing up my 3rd week I am still a newbie and I have those days when I don't lose anything (I am addicted to weighing everyday) I get discouraged and think why am I doing this if I am not losing big like many other people here. I was always one of those people that lost real fast on a diet, but maybe now that I am older (age 46) the weight is going to come off slower. I was expecting to start this diet and lose lots real fast, be done, and get on with my life. But because of people like you that post these types of messages it has changed my thoughts. I am not just losing weight I am gaining knowledge on how to eat correctly and in the long run that will help me to maintain.
So thanks again and keep on losing :)

Try, try try to put your scale away? Challenge yourself to a week without it, just go a week. Sometimes the scale makes you stress "WHY NOT MORE" and the stress makes you hold onto the weight. I hid my scale at my VIP's house (actually in his garage) probably 6-7 weeks into my IP journey...just recently asked for it back because I need to weigh my travel bags before I get on the plane tomorrow :D. He keeps forgetting it, not sure if it's on purpose or not. :)

I was in a vicious cycle of weighing everyday mulitple times a day and I really chilled out after I hid it. Of course I still get anxious but it's not as bad as it used to be.

I challenge you to try a week without it :).

MustangMolly 03-06-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4242711)
Try, try try to put your scale away? Challenge yourself to a week without it, just go a week. Sometimes the scale makes you stress "WHY NOT MORE" and the stress makes you hold onto the weight. I hid my scale at my VIP's house (actually in his garage) probably 6-7 weeks into my IP journey...just recently asked for it back because I need to weigh my travel bags before I get on the plane tomorrow :D. He keeps forgetting it, not sure if it's on purpose or not. :)

I was in a vicious cycle of weighing everyday mulitple times a day and I really chilled out after I hid it. Of course I still get anxious but it's not as bad as it used to be.

I challenge you to try a week without it :).

Ishbel you have inspired me to challenge myself. I am one of those that gets on the scale way too much. My husband even tells me to stay off the scale. So...I am going to make a deal with him...or maybe a bet....if I can go one full week without getting on the scale I get to buy myself something. Not sure what, maybe a new halter for my horse, or a new pair of boots for me. My normal WI is on Saturday morning, so my challenge will begin then. Of course I will do my best between now and then too.

Ishbel 03-06-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4242723)
Ishbel you have inspired me to challenge myself. I am one of those that gets on the scale way too much. My husband even tells me to stay off the scale. So...I am going to make a deal with him...or maybe a bet....if I can go one full week without getting on the scale I get to buy myself something. Not sure what, maybe a new halter for my horse, or a new pair of boots for me. My normal WI is on Saturday morning, so my challenge will begin then. Of course I will do my best between now and then too.

I think that's a FANTASTIC idea (I had to have it removed from my house)...I bought myself a new purse (candy apple patent leather coach purse - on sale though, don't judge me!) for going through Christmas without touching a treat...then new years was a lululemon hoodie...hahaha! For a bit there I thought perhaps I was shopping emotionally vice eating emotionally but Christmas was t-o-u-g-h! And when people comment on my purse (friends) I say "that was for sticking to my guns through Christmas" :)

Always good to set a challenge and have a little reward. I'm on a mini phase off for my trip to Mexico (I leave tomorrow), might have to think of a reward for my first week back on phase 1. :) hmmmm...lululemon? :)