Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Ishbel! I start a mini-phase off on March 17 for my holiday (also to Mexico) on April 4th!! Will you let me know how it goes for you?!? I'm very nervous about doing this because I'm only half way to goal. I know I have to get back on phase 1 as soon as I get home. I hope you have a fabulous trip!!!

Rissimo- thank you for the great post this a.m. I'm not new-new but still struggle with the ups and downs, smaller losses etc. A much needed read for me. Really appreciate your insight
Hi Tenniels: I did a mini-phase off back in December for a Christmas trip to Jamaica---all inclusive so lots of food and drinks to tempt me. Anyway, the three weeks I was in phase off and on vacation I gained 6 pounds. I ate and drank pretty much anything I wanted to..after my first week back on IP I lost 7 pounds!!!!! I tried to drink a lot of water while being off plan, I also made some good food choices but I did indulge in sweets and fruity alcohol drinks. Get right back on the plan...that was key. Good luck and enjoy your holiday.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Ishbel! I start a mini-phase off on March 17 for my holiday (also to Mexico) on April 4th!! Will you let me know how it goes for you?!? I'm very nervous about doing this because I'm only half way to goal. I know I have to get back on phase 1 as soon as I get home. I hope you have a fabulous trip!!!

Rissimo- thank you for the great post this a.m. I'm not new-new but still struggle with the ups and downs, smaller losses etc. A much needed read for me. Really appreciate your insight
Sure I will, also a great thread that Jennydoodle posted (vacation thread long post) or something like that (I've read it a few times). Had to search it a few times to find it, you could just click on her name and find what threads she's started. She did a mini phase off as well before going on vacation and then jumped back on the bandwagon and finished.

Kinda anxious about it, I have to admit...but I can't wait to see my friend. Old college buddy...she's super cool and F-U-N!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #63  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie7878 View Post
I have a question has anyone made it to maintenance and has keep the weight off? Keep reading people get close to goal have a slip and are right back to the beginning weight. That scares me.
I am also curious about people who did IP years ago and maintained or gained very little back. I know this diet has been around for years but I rarely see anything about anyone who kept it off for more than a year or two.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #64  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Try, try try to put your scale away? Challenge yourself to a week without it, just go a week. Sometimes the scale makes you stress "WHY NOT MORE" and the stress makes you hold onto the weight. I hid my scale at my VIP's house (actually in his garage) probably 6-7 weeks into my IP journey...just recently asked for it back because I need to weigh my travel bags before I get on the plane tomorrow . He keeps forgetting it, not sure if it's on purpose or not.

I was in a vicious cycle of weighing everyday mulitple times a day and I really chilled out after I hid it. Of course I still get anxious but it's not as bad as it used to be.

I challenge you to try a week without it .
OK
Tomorrow is my 3rd weigh in and I will try to go a week without weighing.. hmmm its gonna be hard, I just got a little lump in my throat when I typed that.. It would be nice to get rid of the obsession.. thanks
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #65  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
What a great morning! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm under 200 WELCLOME to onelander So So excited!!! Wooo hoooo!!!!
I am so excited for you! There will definitely be tears when I hit that mark. Haven't seen it in about 20 yrs. Keep up the good work!
janniegoingdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #66  
I just want to be free...

S/C/G: 198/191/145

Wow, everyone is so supportive here, I just started IP on Sunday so I am a super newbie. I have been really sick the last 2 days with REALLY bad headaches. The coach says it is my body getting used to having no sugar and etc. Has anyone else felt this way? I do not want to give up but I don't want to get sick.
IndianButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #67  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Hi Tenniels: I did a mini-phase off back in December for a Christmas trip to Jamaica---all inclusive so lots of food and drinks to tempt me. Anyway, the three weeks I was in phase off and on vacation I gained 6 pounds. I ate and drank pretty much anything I wanted to..after my first week back on IP I lost 7 pounds!!!!! I tried to drink a lot of water while being off plan, I also made some good food choices but I did indulge in sweets and fruity alcohol drinks. Get right back on the plan...that was key. Good luck and enjoy your holiday.
Oh this is very good to know! I will browse this thread for sure. Mine will be just over three weeks of phasing off/ being off plan. I want to try and be balanced on my holiday. Enjoy without going overboard. I'm glad to hear you lose a lot when you come back from the holiday. I know a lot of it will be water weight. I'm excited about phase 3 breakfast actually. I'm hoping the break will be good for me. That I'll come back refreshed and focused on reaching goal. Thanks for sharing your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Sure I will, also a great thread that Jennydoodle posted (vacation thread long post) or something like that (I've read it a few times). Had to search it a few times to find it, you could just click on her name and find what threads she's started. She did a mini phase off as well before going on vacation and then jumped back on the bandwagon and finished.

Kinda anxious about it, I have to admit...but I can't wait to see my friend. Old college buddy...she's super cool and F-U-N!
Yes for sure let me know how you do. You've come so far, its very inspiring to see. Can't wait to hear all about it, have a blast you'll do great!
tenniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #68  
Started IP 1/10/12

bethanym - just wanted to contiune the chia seed discussion from yesterday, but I can't PM you yet. You said they do not affect ketosis because the fiber offsets the carbs? I did some research and the Benefibre has carbs but the fiber must offset that as well because my coach is the one who told me to start using it. I don't want to take anything that will throw me out of ketosis, so it makes me nervous.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

My story-I did ip last feb. I went from approx 175 pounds to just under 150 in about 3 months. I maintained that loss all last year, mainly through doing phase 2 week days and low carb, but much more relaxed (including wine) weekends.

I would go up and down the same 2 or 3 pounds.

In December we went away for my 40 th and 1 weekend turned into 3 weeks of craziness. When I got back op on jan 2 I was up 13 pounds.

It has taken me until now to lose 12 of the 13. This is now getting me to 145. I would like to see 140, so that this time my fluctuating weight is a bit lower.

I exercise lots and am pretty muscular.

Anyway-hope this helps shed some light on one year of ip!

When you buy those shorts, but the lulu socks. They are fantastic and I never wear anything else to the gym!

I use the ip or generic cal/mag.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
bethanym - just wanted to contiune the chia seed discussion from yesterday, but I can't PM you yet. You said they do not affect ketosis because the fiber offsets the carbs? I did some research and the Benefibre has carbs but the fiber must offset that as well because my coach is the one who told me to start using it. I don't want to take anything that will throw me out of ketosis, so it makes me nervous.
someone correct me if I'm wrong here: When you are looking at carbs you really are looking at net carbs which is the total carb count less the carbs from fiber and sugar alcohols. That leaves just the carbs from sugar which is what we need to eliminate as much as possible.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #71  
Started IP 1/10/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
someone correct me if I'm wrong here: When you are looking at carbs you really are looking at net carbs which is the total carb count less the carbs from fiber and sugar alcohols. That leaves just the carbs from sugar which is what we need to eliminate as much as possible.
See this confuses me. Because two tablespoons of chia seeds have 7 grams of carbs (the ones I saw anyways) and 7 grams of fiber. So would they supposedly not affect ketosis because the fiber isn't absorbed? I know the Benefiber is 4 carbs for two teaspoons and 4 fiber. So I'm just trying to rationalize whether since my coach recommended Benefiber, if the chia seeds would have the same non-effect on carb intake. I wouldn't be looking at trying anything with carbs, but I realllllly need the extra fiber. I know it's not on the sheet, so it's supposedly not allowed, but then I wonder why my coach would recommend Benefiber if it has carbs. Sigh. I just don't know.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Net carbs are an Atkins thing.

If you follow the ip protocol you don't need to worry about numbers, you will for sure stay low enough.

My reading of ip noted to never give fibre supplements...I am surprised to see so many coaches doing this. I would try to avoid any with added sugar.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I'm back on IP after a long time and i did put on much more than i had originally started with. Total disclosure, i was not eating healthily because of stress and lots of travel and had to phase off abruptly. My coach did tell me that people do tend to gain weight faster once they go off the diet because the body assumes you were in starvation mode and will go back to that and hence packs on the pounds. This time i plan to incorporate exercise when i am within 15 pounds of my goal and continue that even after i phase off. I believe you have to continue to eat healthy, low carb, high protein even in maintenance, also remember to phase off properly, maybe even take a few extra weeks in phase 3 to get your body used to eating more. Will be interested to hear from people who have been maintaining for more than 6 months!
r101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #74  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Hello everyone. I am away from home for a while. I am doing great so far. I have stayed OP 100% I have been reading your posts daily. It sure keeps my inspired. One of my good friends just started IP yesterday. I told her about this site so she can be inspired by you as well.

To all you Coach purse ladies, I got my first Coach purse after Christmas and I just got a wallet for it. Both were duing sales. I rarely pay full price for things. I must say I am a Coach fan now I asked my Mom for Coach gift certificates for my Birthday and Christmas from now on.
mooselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Quick question - i was going through some of the recipes from Finn(excellent btw!) and was wondering how many times a week you could eat the Miracle Noodles and what it counts towards(veggies/dinner protein?) as its only fiber?

Note- i ate my miracle noodles with roasted mushrooms, bell peppers ,asparagus, soy sauce and some pepper sauce...with chopsticks. It seemed more filling as a result!

Some of the other ingredients i saw in the recipes and were not sure they are allowed were: green beans, capers, mung bean sprouts/any sprouts? Anyone able to shed any light on which ones are allowed?
r101 is offline   Reply With Quote