Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/172/148

Height: 5'6

Default Considering leaving IP Clinic and doing with alternatives...questions

I have read the entire alternative thread sticky but curious on how the transition goes for some people? Did it impact your rate of loss at all? Did you keep weighing in once a week on your own and measuring?

I have dabbled with the EAS shakes, but a bit nervous about going to all alternatives because my coaches said that although the nutritional info is comparable there is no proof it is absorbed same way. I think that's part of them keeping me as a client, but still concerned.

I would most likely just use products that seem to be identical to IP, but unsure. What are best products?

Also, I have noticed that some of the phase sheets are older, how do you get current info?

The cost is the biggest factor since my coach doesn't seem to have a tolerance for my questions and all my questions are met with the answer "just follow the sheet"
Thanks
twolabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

I have tried the Proti-Thin Vanilla Bars and to me they tast identical. I had asked my coach if there was any chance that the company that made the IP bars also made the same for other brands. She said that their protein was a higher quality but what does that mean to me? My cost on the Proti-Thin bars are $11.50 and the IP are $27.00. I also bought some jello from Proti-Thin but I haven't used it yet. I was mainly wanting a bar that I could use after I am done with the IP diet and at a much cheaper price.
pegv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I switch after a month an a half at a clinic. It was easy, I just matched up nurictional info with the lists on the alternative threads here. I don't buy much at stores though except the Premier protein drinks at Costco.But we don't have the EAS drinks in Canada.
The bars I order from Nashua and proteinwell are identical to IP. The cost is the same now as what I would be paying for regular foods in the grocery store and my rate of loss was the same (slow but I'm post menopausal).
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Here is the link to the spreadsheet comparing products. I ordered from Nashua Nutrition, which gives free shipping if you order $99 worth of products at a time. I got about 3 weeks worth of stuff for what I would have paid for a week at the clinic. Do my own weighing and measuring. I have a friend who occasionally picks me up an IP item or two (like the mashed potatoes, which I have not found a substitute for). I have been happy with it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CMr939oK#gid=0

Last edited by Survalia; 03-04-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Survalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I switch after a month an a half at a clinic. It was easy, I just matched up nurictional info with the lists on the alternative threads here. I don't buy much at stores though except the Premier protein drinks at Costco.But we don't have the EAS drinks in Canada.
The bars I order from Nashua and proteinwell are identical to IP. The cost is the same now as what I would be paying for regular foods in the grocery store and my rate of loss was the same (slow but I'm post menopausal).
Which bars do you order, if I may ask?
shiipa is offline   Reply With Quote