Old 03-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #1  
Carrielee

S/C/G: 227/190/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Im horrible!!!

I have 20lbs to go and i keep straying from IP... aaahhh.. I know what I need to do and i jsut dont do it!!!
Carrielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #2  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Maybe this isn't the right time for you to be dieting? I think you really have to be ready, and only you know if now is the right time.

If you are ready, realize that you may still have screwups here and there. But the key is to 1) keep those to an absolute minimum, and 2) get back on plan asap...no "well since I already blew it I may as well stay off plan for the rest of the weekend" kind of excuses.

I had a bad week last week due to a broken pipe in my kitchen, and major stress associated with my job and my kitchen remodel (which seems like another full time job!). But I picked myself back up, reminded myself how much I want to lose the weight, and am now back on plan and recommitted.

What also helped is for me to set a short-term goal...insetad of saying that I need to be on plan for the next eternity while I lose all this weight, I set myself a short term goal of 2 weeks (between now and a business trip) because there is NO REASON that I can't stay on plan for two weeks (and it seems WAY less than 4 months!).

If you really want it, you CAN do it!!
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #3  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

BTW, I just looked at your stats.....you have had GREAT results and come a looong way! If you need to take a break, then maybe try to maintain for a while until you are ready to be fully focused on losing again?
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrielee View Post
I have 20lbs to go and i keep straying from IP... aaahhh.. I know what I need to do and i jsut dont do it!!!
Don't give up!!!! I know that sounds easier said than done, but I'd do anything to be 20lbs away from goal. I have set-up a count down on my white board at work and every morning I get to work the first thing I do is update my countdown. I know it's silly, but I can't tell you how motivated it makes me. Esp having 20lbs just think you are almost in the 'teens' then you can set your goal to be a single digit. Just think about it, in about 2-3 months you can be at your goal or you can think back to today and say if I had just stick to it a little while longer. That being said only YOU can decide if you can continue or not. Either way make your decision and don't look bad. Wishing you health and success.
socalgirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #5  
Carrielee

S/C/G: 227/190/160

your right.. back to it tomorrow!!!
Carrielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #6  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Probably you need to take a break?? - I can relate to that - I did take a break, I came back last monday and I had a good come back - I feel motivated and feel better about this diet.
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote