Old 02-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #1  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Default Potatoe puree tortilla

For lunch I cooked up the potato puree in a small pan with Pam ( with a little extra water) and it came out like a tortilla. I was hoping for a potato pancake but a tortilla was kinda cool. I was able to roll up roasted vegies covered in taco seasoning in it. It wasnt bad..

The puree is kind of thick so spreading it out in the pain was a little bit of a PIA.. but worth it.

Last edited by Cadu; 03-01-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
For lunch I cooked up the potato puree in a small pan with Pam ( with a little extra water) and it came out like a tortilla. I was hoping for a potato pancake but a tortilla was kinda cool. I was able to roll up roasted vegies covered in taco seasoning in it. It wasnt bad..

The puree is kind of thick so spreading it out in the pain was a little bit of a PIA.. but worth it.
I love when people discover stuff like this -- thanks for sharing, Cadu, it sounds like it's worth a try.
KRinOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #3  

Was that a restricted Potato? Or Unrestricted? It sounds incredible...like you could make a taco out of it!!!
2leftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

it was the unrestricted potato puree ..
Old 02-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I wondered if we could make chips out of it - thin it a bit and bake little dollops... it really does taste like potatoes.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #6  

Amazing! I cannot wait to try this just for something different!
2leftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #7  
Ideal Protein Dieter.

S/C/G: 278/232/170

Height: 5'7

yes i tried to pan fry up some crisps-- they were OK. .. but it does better as a coating for other veggies, like fennel or turnip.. adds an extra crisp for lunch time snackies. i dipped fennel in egg white then in the powder... pan fry in a tad olive oil!~ -- now that was YUUUmmm.
mommarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/229/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Sounds yummy! I"m going to have to get my hands on some potato puree!
Debbie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #9  
1st-10/1/11, 2nd-5/23/12

S/C/G: 164.5/151.2/125

Height: 5'5"

Tried this for lunch today. HUGE improvement in my opinion. I thought the puree was nasty when made per the directions, weird texture and taste. Frying it made it taste wayyyyy better and the texture really does remind me of a bread, tortilla, etc. I plan to experiment with it a little more. Thanks for the tip Cadu!
dsdne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #10  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsdne View Post
Tried this for lunch today. HUGE improvement in my opinion. I thought the puree was nasty when made per the directions, weird texture and taste. Frying it made it taste wayyyyy better and the texture really does remind me of a bread, tortilla, etc. I plan to experiment with it a little more. Thanks for the tip Cadu!
I agree about the texture of the potatos cooked by the instructions. a little pastie for my liking. let me know what experiments you come up with
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #11  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:

how much water do you add? Should your skillet be really hot - some of the others dont flip very well. Do they actually taste good?
idealpromom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #12  
Started IP 10/6/11

S/C/G: 256/160/160

Height: 5' 6"

I'm really hoping my clinic gets some of this in.
Goldenrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #13  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealpromom View Post
how much water do you add? Should your skillet be really hot - some of the others dont flip very well. Do they actually taste good?
I just put in a little extra splash of water over the 2 oz the package said. Maybe a little more water would have made it easier to spread in the pan.
( I will try that next time).
I did heat up the skillet first, I dont know how really hot it was.
It flipped easily, it held together nicely. It tasted ok. I did like it better then when it was prepared by the package directions. it was very pliable, I was able to roll it up.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #14  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I wondered if we could make chips out of it - thin it a bit and bake little dollops... it really does taste like potatoes.
This might work. mine didnt fry up all that great. I was hoping for a nice fried cripsy potato pancake, but this was more like a aoft tortilla. Maybe using a smidge of olive oil instead of pam may help????
Old 03-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #15  

For the potato puree, I just add a little less water to the mix (about 1.5 instead of 2) and the texture is a lot better! Looks more like a real potato puree...
girlychicky is offline   Reply With Quote