Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #106  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
This is WI #5 and it is that TOM, so I have decided not to get upset if the scale has not moved or has went up. I have not had the big loses like some have but it has been steady. And I must say tis is the first diet that I have not cheated on. I usually cheat by the 3rd day. I hope everyone has a great day. Loved it that so many people went down in pant size. I am still waiting to buy pants I just hate to buy them and have to buy more.
Steady and sure is the way to go. Keep up the OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post
Had WI #23 today and down another 3 1/2 pounds!!! I hit 80 pounds lost today! So excited!
So excited for you! Just the WI#23- way to stick with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Good luck at your WI!! I have my second WI tomorrow, so excited!!!
Good luck with your weigh in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I have created a collection of pics of myself along with family members so that y'all can see how much of a difference 10 months can make in a person. Making this collection I can really see how different I have become....I hope it works
Thanks again for being an inspiration and with such great ideas, you are an

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Wuv- thank you so much for sharing your photo's. SoSOso inspiring, way to go girl!

On another note, I checked myself with a Ketostix today and it didn't change colour. Yesterday they were pink and today nothing. I didn't eat anything with carbs at all (minus the ones in my veggies and the IP packets). I'm trying to wrap my head around this but I can't. I know I shouldn't be checking all the time, I know the program works but right now I'm a little scared. I don't want to be out of ketosis! I don't want to wait 3 days to get back in! I don't know how the heck I wouldn't be there anyways Advice?
I also get a bit keto obsessed- different times throughout the day show different results. And yes the morning one is the most accurate I believe.

Quote:
I love hearing how you guys are all shrinking!!! Digging out smaller sizes and buying new clothes is so exciting. It's so exciting and encouraging to hear how well you are all doing. Keep up the great work!
I need to get into the back of my closet.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #107  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

[QUOTE=Chloe222;4225163]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
[COLOR="Indigo"][B]Thank you, I would highly recom

Wuv,
You are so wonderful to be helping us out in so many ways. Your collage was amazing, lots of changes. You must be so thrilled!
I just try to make thing as easy as possible and like to let everyone know that there is really no need to stress and worry about things. EVERYTHING is basically figured out for us all we have to do is follow it. The more information we have the better off we will be that is why this is such a great site
Old 02-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #108  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

WI #2 lost another 1.5 lbs and 3.5 inches......If I would have been 100% program this week, I would have done better, but it's Ok, I enjoyed my weekend. I am now back on 100% and it will be a great WI next week.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #109  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
You may want to google this. I did read on one of the Ketostick websites that after you have been in ketosis for awhile it will stop turning purple do you may want to google it.
I did Google it and I think this explained how I might be getting a negative reading. I think the time I tested I just wasn't spilling excess ketones into my urine, it doesn't mean I wasn't producing them, just not in excess. And I've also heard that as your body becomes more efficient at using fat for fuel, the less excess you produce. I'm curious to see what happens next time I test. After this bottle is done, I don't think I'll buy them again because it just causes me grief!

http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...tix-color.html

Last edited by tenniels; 02-21-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to include link
Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #110  
Started IP Jan 6, 2012

S/C/G: 159/134/125

Height: 5'5''

Default weigh in today

Had my weigh in # 7 today and lost 1 lb! Lost an inch off chest and hips and 1/2 inch off waist. Very happy today! Also we got our first family puppy. A bichon Frise puppy! All of us are very excited to have this new addition to the family!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #111  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Random question... does anyone have the link or recipe for the cereal pancake handy? I'm scouring the threads right now, but thought I'd see if maybe someone knows it off the top of their head. (I'm having a slow day at work and trying to meal plan haha) Thanks so much
Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Thanks for your response. It's reassuring to know that someone else OP does show "negative" on the strips. I'm going to try and put it out of my mind and give it a try later to see what's up. I know I shouldn't put much stock in them, but I sometimes need the encouragement of "yes I'm doing it right". Thank-you
You are most welcome, this was something that really bothered me as well, if you don't get in all your water it may register. I'm one who doesn't get the tell tale breath so I was also looking for some reassurance that I was on the right path - however I do notice my urine smells odd at times (TMI) and when I check it then it registers. Therefore I'm thinking the other times it is just way too diluted even when tested first thing. I'm a water holic and have a bottle beside my bed which I sip on when I wake during the night.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 205.8/205.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Help, I feel so powerless right now. I'm on day 6 and have done awesome. I stayed home from work today and opened the freezer and saw a pint of Hagen daaz. I thought I'd gotten rid of everything but I saw that and without even barely a thought opened the pint and ate the whole thing in about 5 minutes. I feel like I have ruined everything and like I won't ever be able to do this right. I can't express how discouraged and pissed off at myself I am right now. I really could use some words of wisdom. I so thought I was ready. I just don't get myself sometimes. Please help if you can. Thank you!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #114  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Just curious ( no where near this) but when we get to phase 2,3,4 will there be recipes to follow. Trying to educate my self in this change of lifestyle.

Congrats to everyone on the SV and NSV today! You guys give me strength to carry on!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannyfaye View Post
Help, I feel so powerless right now. I'm on day 6 and have done awesome. I stayed home from work today and opened the freezer and saw a pint of Hagen daaz. I thought I'd gotten rid of everything but I saw that and without even barely a thought opened the pint and ate the whole thing in about 5 minutes. I feel like I have ruined everything and like I won't ever be able to do this right. I can't express how discouraged and pissed off at myself I am right now. I really could use some words of wisdom. I so thought I was ready. I just don't get myself sometimes. Please help if you can. Thank you!
First off...take a deep breathe and breath you are going to be ok. Second, think about it....where you bored? or just saw it and ate it? try to think of what triggered you to eat it......Third, it happened, moved passed it and fourth just go back to being OP. No matter if you ate it or not, go back to finish the day off right. RIGHT NOW is still right now...stop beating yourself up...You are strong and will get through this...TRUST ME...believe IN YOURSELF!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #116  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemsham View Post
I have been reading about everyone's NSV's and fitting into smaller clothes and every time I'm cheering for you guys. This morning for some reason it clicked that I'm the same weight as some and have yet to really try - so maybe ... Just maybe some smaller sizes will fit me to. I have 3 bins in my room of smaller clothes and after "shopping" in those bins I now have 7 pairs of work pants, 7 sweaters and a bunch of shirts - most of which I had forgotten about it's like a shopping spree without having to go to the mall
Isn't that so much fun to do? Glad you finally did it. It's a reminder to everyone out there to not wait too long... this program works wonders and you don't want to pass up what you've pushed to the back of your closet for "someday." That someday could be NOW!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Just curious ( no where near this) but when we get to phase 2,3,4 will there be recipes to follow. Trying to educate my self in this change of lifestyle.

Congrats to everyone on the SV and NSV today! You guys give me strength to carry on!
Well phase 2 you will omit your lunch packet and have regular food, 8 oz of meat, Phase 3 you omit your breakfast packet and phase 4 you omit all packets....so then you create your own recipes
Old 02-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

[QUOTE=GoodEatsandWine;4224843]This past weekend I made the waffles for breakfast using the lemon pudding packet and was thrilled how delicious they were! It really foot the bill for carb cravings. The added ingredients call for two egg whites, a pinch each of baking powder, sea salt and nutmeg and about 2oz of water...my egg white question is [B]how many egg whites per day

My coach says egg whites are unlimited
Old 02-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #119  
itsallhis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannyfaye View Post
Stop right now, own it and move on! It was a mistake and can not be undone. Relax, tomarrow is a new day! You can do this and you will do this!
While I have remained 100% OP, I have had moments of WTH this is so not worth it..... But I read a quote on here that remains in my mind, I am not a dog why reward myself with food! I work right next door to a Dollar General and it would be so easy ( no one would know) to get a snack. But I keep that quote in my mind.
Keep what triggered the lapse in your will power and when you get there again, remind yourself..... I am bored, depressed, lonely, tired of eating like this.....and go on!
You are worth this fight and you deserve to feel great about yourself!
I have faith in you and send my love!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #120  
itsallhis

Thanks Wuv! And I thought about you tonight as I ate my grilled rabbit with WF BBQ sauce! Delish!
Closed Thread