Old 02-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 161.6/133/130

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Seem To Have Hit A Stall Or Set Point

I am stuck on a weight. I started at 161 and got to 154 after 11 DAYS
I seem to not show any more weight loss since last Thursday and it is SUNDAY. I only want to lose 15 to 20 lbs. I have used other diets and seem to have these set points Why did this happen or do I need to stop weighing myself each day. I did cheat with some grated parm cheese on a boring salad and ate hamburger NO bread or cheese but now wonder if it was lean enough.
JBCAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #2  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Tell us about what your eating, you may have to up your protein at night 8oz, so your body doesn't go into starvation mode

Dont Give Up!!!!

Cheers/S...
AussieonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It's only been 3 days. Too soon to get worried.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi, If you stick with the diet and stay 100% OP the weight will come off. Let this week go by and keep with it 100%. Keep smiling!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning.

You know, I am a slow loser, so from very early on I decided to follow a very successful IPer here, jennydoodle, and stop weighing myself every day. I am so glad I did. Now I only weigh on Wednesdays.

Our weight fluctuates everyday, if you are willing to not be discouraged of the number you see on the scale, go right ahead and weigh everyday, otherwise try not to weigh yourself everyday.

Another very wise IPer here, wuv2bloved, sometimes posts the past few weeks of her losses, and keeps reiterating that for example she lost 6 pounds one week, and 1 pound a few weeks later, and she did not do anything differently from one week to the next. It is just our body wanting to show more loss one week than the next.

I also learned that IPers who do not stress out over their losses, and just continue with the protocol are the most successful ones. I think that if we stress too much of why we didn't lose as much as we deserved, lol, we are just setting ourselves up to quit.

You are doing great. Keep at it.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

You have lost 7 pounds very quickly. Your body has to adjust to that.

You can't be weighing all the time if you get freaked out about it.

I weigh everyday just for the info and am fine accepting whatever the scale says. But from doing this I know that every week I go about 5 days straight without losing and then lose a bit and it starts all over again.

Your body has a lot of work to do to adjusting to each loss.

You are asking too much of it all at once.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

If you are weighing everyday then stressing about it....DON"T DO IT.....remember its just a number!!!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I also have fallen into a pattern of having a good weight loss one week and the following week a much lower weight loss, However in the end it all evens out. You don't have a lot to loose, so after the first week your weight will slow down a lot. My daughter also didn't have a lot to loose like you and often her weight would just stall for a week or two and then pick up again. In the end you will loose, but it won't be rocket fast. Hang in there and you will reach your goal.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

It's only been 3 days, I wouldn't worry. The first 1-2 weeks the weight tends to come off quickly, some is water, some is our glycogen stores getting used up, and of course some is fat. Then is slows down. If you're that close to goal I wouldn't expect huge numbers every week. There are people on here who have been 100% OP and had entire weeks with 0 loss or even a small gain and their averages are still amazing.

I would also stop weighing yourself every day. If you're obsessing over the daily number it's going to stress you out and you're going to lose less. HTH!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #10  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Keep in mind that the body first releases water/fat from cells (which you see on a scale), and then the cells shrink in size (which you see as inches lost) as the body adjusts.

This cycle repeats over and over, which is why it is important to look at both pounds and inches lost.

But since you don't have much to lose AND you already lost a lot of water weight quickly, you need to prepare for some slow periods. You didn't put it on overnight, and it isn't going to come off overnight either.
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #11  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
Keep in mind that the body first releases water/fat from cells (which you see on a scale), and then the cells shrink in size (which you see as inches lost) as the body adjusts.

This cycle repeats over and over, which is why it is important to look at both pounds and inches lost.

But since you don't have much to lose AND you already lost a lot of water weight quickly, you need to prepare for some slow periods. You didn't put it on overnight, and it isn't going to come off overnight either.
so our cells were fat? and waterlogged?
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Thanks!! That explains very simply what I thought must be happening. The inches and the pounds seem to have different weeks to let go.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 02-19-2012 at 02:46 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #13  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
so our cells were fat? and waterlogged?
Pretty much!!! Ketosis helps release the retained water, and facilitates the burning of the fat (instead of carbs) for energy.

And I am personally ready for both of mine to leave the storehouse known as my fat body! Adiós to each as they head on outta here!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #14  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Thanks!! That explains very simply what I thought must be happening. The inches and the pounds seem to have different weeks to let go.
Pat
You can also tell when you will be seeing some inches drop by the appearance of your skin.

I am losing water right now since I got into ketosis, and my skin now has this "jigglypuff" look like orange peel (it was previously pretty smooth). As the cells begin to shrink, the jigglypuff effect goes away and you will see more inches lost.

As you can tell, I have been through this in the past, sigh. I know how to diet...I just need to master maintaining and sticking to a long-term lifestyle change (meaning no more carb addiction).
Old 02-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #15  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Quote:
Pretty much!!! Ketosis helps release the retained water, and facilitates the burning of the fat (instead of carbs) for energy.

And I am personally ready for both of mine to leave the storehouse known as my fat body! Adiós to each as they head on outta here!
Such a burden on them. They must be so happy now.

I don't know if you are aware of the weight loss jars. Basically, you get a jar or glass and fill it up with marbles or rocks (Walmart or Michaels) and each time you lose a pound or whatever you choose you take one rock/marble (or whatever you designate) from the full glass and add it to the empty one. I don't know if you like crafts but ours sit on our dresser and it is a pretty powerful visual and motivator. I use plastic diamonds for mine and DH use 2 glass stones every time he drops a pound. which is often.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote