Old 02-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/202/170

Height: 5'8

Default Extreme Fatigue/Low Energy-Phase 1

Hey all,

I could really use some ideas here, or would love to hear from others on opinions. I am going into my 4th week now on Phase 1, and I STILL have SUPER low energy and extreme CONSTANT fatigue! Its really wearing me down, and makes it hard to get thru ea day.
I have talked to my coach's, and they make it sound like I should still move past it, anytime now. They said some people deal with it a couple weeks and then get that burst of energy. And what's odd, is that often times when I try to nap...my MIND is plenty awake, but its my BODY that is so extreme low/tired. ( I have been doing great with all the supplement, water and food)

Any ideas? Or has anyone else gone thru any of this?

sassysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #2  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

First, make sure you are getting all of your food. Eat 8 oz of meat for dinner, make sure you are getting all of the oil and sea salt. I have to agree with you about the fatigue. I felt that way for a couple of months. I had some issues with my blood pressure dropping too. It's normally very low. I could never stand up quickly without feeling dizzy the first few months. I just took extra precautions when doing things. Ensuring I consumed enough of the sea salt helped some. I felt better when I ate red meat for a few days in a row. I don't know why. Make sure you're taking your vitamins as directed. I never felt so fatigued that I could nap, and I definitely was waking up during the night for bathroom trips. I sleep less than I did before IP. At some point, I just started feeling better. Maybe it was when I added restricted packets to my diet. I wish I had kept better track of it. I hope you start feeling better soon.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

I am a few weeks in and am still exhausted at times. I too am awake brain wise but could sleep for hours body wise. I found the mio energy drink ans used it to lightly flavor my water and it did seem to make me feel better. I know Mio is controversial so maybe try some B vitamins? I have decided that I will just deal with the lack of energy because I know I will feelo better with this weight gone and can work up to more physical activity. Good luck!
Mkssweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5'0"

I do get a B12 shot every once in a while which helps. Also, be sure to get all your vitamins in consistently. Good luck.
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #5  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Not everyone has the big burst of energy. I was waiting to tackle the garage and some closets. It was like 10 days into the diet before I felt better but I remained rather tired and somewhat irritable for a while. My energy has only been better in the last week or two.

Now, I might have some other things going on that make me so tired so for me I don't think it is the diet. I had a lot of fatigue before this. Things are better but I am still pretty low energy sometimes. I think the worst of it past after like 5 weeks or so.

But, some of that might have been due to getting a massage to help with some aches and pains I was having. I felt like I was toxic or something. Considered a cleanse but massage helped so I was cool with that.

Do you have any other symptoms or issues?

I hope this passes for you soon.

Last edited by purple sky; 02-17-2012 at 07:18 PM.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I would recommend going to your doctor and getting a full work up of blood work done. I did this and for me my thyroid was off, which is common during ketosis for anyone who is predisposed to a thyroid problem (i.e. family history). Even if your blood work comes back perfect it can give you another peace of mind. Most insurance companies (health insurance) cover preventative care at 100% so hopefully this is something you can do without a copay. Good luck and be well.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/269/145

Height: 5'5

How much sleep are you getting at night? I'm only on day 5 of (alternative) IP and I used to be a 4-6 hour a night sleeper, because I was just "too busy" to sleep. I find that if I don't get my 8-9 hours now, it's practically impossible to function. I have more mental energy than before, but my body feels tired if I'm not getting way more sleep than I used to. I am thinking of going to get a workup just to make sure all is well, but I wanted to throw that out there, since it's something I'm definitely dealing with, too!
MeltingTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I sleep up to 10 hours a night. During the day I have lots of energy, but come 9 ish I just need to go to bed! Plus, you can't eat if you're asleep!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #9  
Started IP 12/30/11

If you do go to a Dr and get labwork, you may want to request a Vitamin D test.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Yeah, be sure to include vitamin D. Good call!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I have had fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue for over 12 years and am normally so tired that I have to keep sitting down. The diet did not seem to change that. Have heard other people remain tired throughout the program. It may just depend on what else is going on with your body. I'm still exhausted and have the fibrofog in my brain. Had kinda hoped that would go away...but at least now, the doctors can not point to my weight as the root cause of everything. ) I did my part.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I have had fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue for over 12 years and am normally so tired that I have to keep sitting down. The diet did not seem to change that. Have heard other people remain tired throughout the program. It may just depend on what else is going on with your body. I'm still exhausted and have the fibrofog in my brain. Had kinda hoped that would go away...but at least now, the doctors can not point to my weight as the root cause of everything. ) I did my part.
I have FM too, diagnosed for 12 years. Low carb diets are recommended for it as there is also a problem properly metabolizing carbs associated with it.
I did Atkins for 2 years and felt fantastic. With IP, I don't have the fibro-fog, but have energy some days and other days not so much. I am guessing it's because the low fat and calorie aspects of the diet.
I know my pain level has gone way down with IP. Also thinking once we move into maintenance and begin adding more calories and fat we will feel even better.
I know for me, with FM, carbs are my enemy, for both energy and weight reasons.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by MaMaZu; 02-18-2012 at 10:25 AM.
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #13  
Started IP 12/30/11

Doc thinks I could have fibromyalgia. It sure does explain a lot of symptoms. I did not know about the low carb benefits so cool, regardless I am doing the right thing. I, too, have often felt better when I greatly removed or reduced carbs, especially sugar and white bread.

In the past I had been on supplements (stuff with antioxidants and alkalizing greens and good proteins) and they really seemed to help with health issues and energy. There are so many benefits to this diet unfortunately, I never got that wonderful energy I have had in the past eating healthier or taking better supplements.

I am doing fine and feeling much better than I did before the diet. I just feel like I am waiting for that burst of energy.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #14  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I sleep up to 10 hours a night. During the day I have lots of energy, but come 9 ish I just need to go to bed! Plus, you can't eat if you're asleep!
I love this. That's my thoughts some nights because night time was my worst for wanting to snack. I'm up til like 1 or 2 am lot's of nights and have found I'm putting myself to bed sooner to avoid getting those urges to eat!
tenniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

You know, I had forgotten to mention that my pain levels have indeed gone down. I have read that high-glycemic stuff like sugar, white flour, etc., can cause low level inflammation (I think it was Dr. Perricone's book), and since we have eliminated most of that, it makes sense. Where I used to have flareups so bad I'd have to just get in bed for a couple of days, and this was every couple of weeks, now I might get one every couple of months. That is something I hadn't expected!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote