3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 2/17/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/253013-ip-daily-chat-friday-2-17-12-a.html)

sherylynn 02-17-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4219429)
Good morning!!

I only have a nanosecond on the computer while I drink my coffee, but this morning I FINALLY saw the 160's on my scale :carrot: I don't know what my deal has been, I might have been drinking to much water, but yesterday I decided to only drink when I was getting thirsty and lo and behold this morning I am back to normal. I do drink way to much sometimes so hopefully that helped me and I can find a happy medium.

Hope everyone has a great day today!!

That's sooo exciting - to see the 160s. I'm right behind you still hoping to break that 170 barrier soon! Good for you!:D

DanafromAustin 02-17-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanCo (Post 4219415)
I had weigh-in #6 on Wednesday and was only down 1.2 lbs. I am pretty boring about my food, pretty much the same thing every week and absolutely no cheating...but I feel like I'm stalling on my weight loss. I still have a lot of weight to lose so I'm a little disappointed, my body just seems stuck at 260...I keep getting on the scale hoping to see something in the 250's and it's not happening.....did anyone else seem to hit a plateau this early on? I limit myself to only 2 restricted's per week and am absolutely not eating anything off plan. Help???

First off what are you calling a stall? A stall by most experts is called not loosing any weight for several weeks. If you lost 1.2 this week you aren't stalled. Second, don't limit yourself to only 2 restricteds per week. Many of us have one everyday and we haven't stalled. Maybe your body wants a bit more calories, not less so it doesn't think you are trying to starve it. I've also read that IP has found that restricted IP foods don't slow down weight loss at all and may in fact help. All of us have had our great loss weeks and not so great loss weeks, it's just part of the average. So enjoy your restricted foods. I have found for me upping my water has made the scale move more. Hang in there, there is just no way you can't loose on this diet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4219427)
Good morning everyone,

I have high hopes that this week will be bring me a good loss, I am hoping that by my next weigh-in on Thursday, I should be back to 201 and hopefully 200 (or less if I dare to dream), this week, I gained 3 pounds even though I did not cheat and stayed 100% OP, luckily I read from others that they have been through this as well, which encouraged me a lot. I am sure it is something hormonal with my body.

Anyway, the day before yesterday, my husband did not go to the gym and felt bad that he did not, so he started doing some push-ups in our living room and when he lost his momentum and said he should do more, I encouraged him to do more and I told him that I will do 50 with him, he laughed and said ''you can't do 50 push-ups, can you?'' I told him that I sure can't do them the way he does, but I can do push-ups on my knees (women's push-up) and slower than he does since he does them so fast, anyway, I started with him and by the time he finished his 50 push-ups, I was at my 30th, lol, but you know what, I managed to finish my 50!!! yooohooo!! Go me :)), I felt good, but what is amazing is two days after I feel now so good with my shoulders and I even feel my stomach muscles, so I decided that every other day I am going to include a 50 push-up session into my day! God it feels good.

TGIF, hope everybody is having a good one.

Glad to hear you are more encouraged today and great job on the push ups. Might have to give those a try. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4219532)
Good Morning.

I made it through Day 1 and I must say I am not feeling the best today (head achy, hungry, tired & irritable) but I will stay OP 100%. This morning I had the herb & cheese omelet.. it was delish and it was a nice portion size too :-)

Have a great day everyone

Day 2 and 3 can be the worse days, so hang in there. Soon you will be waking up feeling so much better. And these difficult days are just a reminder of just how bad carbs can be if they make you feel like this going through withdrawal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanym (Post 4219560)
Good morning! Today is DAY 1 on IP for me, and I am very excited to be posting on 3FC and sharing encouragement with everyone!

Welcome. I'm sure you have heard about the challenges of the first few days. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones, but if not, hang in there and it will get better soon. We promise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanym (Post 4219567)
Hi Cadu, I am starting today and am just 1 day behind you! Hopefully we can celebrate/commiserate together as we head down this path. :)

Question: I saw you have a headache - are you taking in any caffeine?

I had to give up my sacred Diet Coke today (I have a 20+ year addiction, yet keep drinking it despite knowing that it contributes to weight gain) but am drinking iced coffee (black) diluted a bit with water today to help avoid any headaches. Giving up carbs alone is draining, so I am trying to offset the drag of the first few days by not limiting caffeine. Hopefully it will work!

A slow caffine withdrawal is a wise move. I have a friend who was addicted to diet coke too and she really suffered those first few days. Carb AND caffine withdrawal at the same time = not pretty. Welcome to IP, it is an amazing diet.

DanafromAustin 02-17-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyAWC (Post 4219658)
Day 100 on IP and I officially made goal at WI! Total lbs lost 27 total inches 21 7/8. I went on P2 two weeks ago when I hit goal at home so tomorrow I start P3. Very excited to figure out meals. Good luck to all - hang in there and stay OP cause it's worth it - you're worth it!

Mazel Tov - Congratulations! :bravo:

purple sky 02-17-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Day 100 on IP and I officially made goal at WI! Total lbs lost 27 total inches 21 7/8. I went on P2 two weeks ago when I hit goal at home so tomorrow I start P3. Very excited to figure out meals. Good luck to all - hang in there and stay OP cause it's worth it - you're worth it!

Wow, that is so exciting. When I first started I gave myself 100 days. That was kind of a marker for me. I just wanted to see where I could get in 100 days because of well the previous 100 days. Not much happened then. In fact, if I am not mistaken today is day 50 for me.

Congratulations on P3. It really helps to see how people progress on this diet. This is a wonderful motivator. Thank you.

EmilySebetka 02-17-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Do any of the working people have any tips for me about bringing lunch to work? I'm starting my first full-time job (@ 30hr/week) and would really appreciate some tips on bringing lunch and dealing with children 5yrs and younger.

NavyMommy 02-17-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilySebetka (Post 4219686)
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Do any of the working people have any tips for me about bringing lunch to work? I'm starting my first full-time job (@ 30hr/week) and would really appreciate some tips on bringing lunch and dealing with children 5yrs and younger.

I don't work, but I do often wind up eating lunch in the car. I pre-slice, measure, and bag all my veggies (pick things you like raw, cucumber, pepper, broccoli) and have my restricted with lunch. Makes it really easy, no drinks to mess with, and no cooking / heating. GL to you and congrats again on the new job!

Quote:

WOW!! Congrats!!!! SO excited for you! Let us know how P3 goes.

patns 02-17-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

I had weigh-in #6 on Wednesday and was only down 1.2 lbs. I am pretty boring about my food, pretty much the same thing every week and absolutely no cheating...but I feel like I'm stalling on my weight loss. I still have a lot of weight to lose so I'm a little disappointed, my body just seems stuck at 260...I keep getting on the scale hoping to see something in the 250's and it's not happening.....did anyone else seem to hit a plateau this early on? I limit myself to only 2 restricted's per week and am absolutely not eating anything off plan. Help???

You have gotten yourself into a rut and your body is slowing down.

I expected my last 10 pounds to be really slow but I have lost the quickest in the past 6 weeks than in all the rest of the time.

I realized I was eating the same stuff over and over and had stopped making sure I was getting all my veggies in, not using any of the recipes for them.
I had also gotten down to almost no fat as I was using the individual WF salad dressings for convenience.
I also was always eating chicken breasts for my regular protein.

You are likely not eating enough for your size and your body is holding on to fat for dear life.

Go back to the protocol sheet and start again like it is your first day. Very carefully make sure you are getting all your veggies in. Same with oils, don't just count what you use in cooking, you don't get all of that in. Best to measure it out and use it on your salad. Get some fat in with your regular protein.Make sure you are getting in your restricted everyday. Get in everything on the sheet at the upper limits. Also stop jumping on and off the scale. Give your body some time to do the hard work you are asking of it.

Your body has likely gone into shock and needs to be woken up again.

Pat

wuv2bloved 02-17-2012 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Shan it took me almost 5 weeks to get out of the 270's, it was driving me crazy but I just gave it time and now I am in the 260's. NEVER be disappointed, your body is adjusting to your weight loss, IT WILL COME OFF.....TRUST the program and most importantly TRUST YOURSELF!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4219591)
Thought I would share this picture for all of us who have felt disappointment when we "only lose 1 pound".

Thanks for that ONE pound of fat pic...I got one for ya....here is 100 lbs of fat!!!!....THIS is a scary site...Several of us have loss THIS plus some!!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday, it made my day extra special. I see we have a lot of new people just starting out, which is great!!!...welcome to the IP family Each and everyone of you!!!

bethanym 02-17-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4219585)
The caffeine is definitely a good starting point (and personally I wouldn't quit caffeine the first week of IP either), but you may still experience a slight headache. If you take about 1/4 tsp salt, and lick it out of your palm and follow that with a big glass of water it should go away in 20 minutes or so. And remember coffee is a diuretic so make sure you're getting in extra water for every coffee you have. GL to you!!

Great points....thank you!!!

DanafromAustin 02-17-2012 12:34 PM

Happy Friday everyone!

Well today marks my 5th month anniversary on IP and being 100% OP the entire time. Lots of exciting things to look forward to in the coming week. Unofficially I'm just 1 pound away from onederland, my mom is coming into town next week and she last saw me 20 pounds heavier, and I'm seeing my brother and SIL the following week and I last saw them when I had just started IP 65 pounds heavier, I'm going to see my doctor who recommended I go on IP and the last time I saw here was before starting IP. And I'm leaving on a cruise next weekend. Feels like a party, LOL!

katswimmer 02-17-2012 12:43 PM

TGIF!
I'm in the end of my first week (day six); the cravings have stopped, I've lost just short of five lbs, and am feeling pretty good. I need to find a way to stop checking the scale every couple hours though. I know logically I won't lose any (I may even gain depending on when I ate), but I want to be sure that it's working :^:

thin4me 02-17-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Same thing happened to me at my weigh in yesterday, down 1.? but I've been on it long enough to know that the week before TOM is always a low number and sometimes a gain. Keep staying OP and you should be happier with next weeks number

MaMaZu 02-17-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4219730)
Happy Friday everyone!

Well today marks my 5th month anniversary on IP and being 100% OP the entire time. Lots of exciting things to look forward to in the coming week. Unofficially I'm just 1 pound away from onederland, my mom is coming into town next week and she last saw me 20 pounds heavier, and I'm seeing my brother and SIL the following week and I last saw them when I had just started IP 65 pounds heavier, I'm going to see my doctor who recommended I go on IP and the last time I saw here was before starting IP. And I'm leaving on a cruise next weekend. Feels like a party, LOL!

Dana- sounds like you have lots to look forward to and many reasons to celebrate; congratulations and enjoy all of it!

thin4me 02-17-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4219427)
I told him that I sure can't do them the way he does, but I can do push-ups on my knees (women's push-up) and slower than he does since he does them so fast, anyway, I started with him and by the time he finished his 50 push-ups, I was at my 30th, lol, but you know what, I managed to finish my 50!!! yooohooo!! Go me :)), I felt good, but what is amazing is two days after I feel now so good with my shoulders and I even feel my stomach muscles, so I decided that every other day I am going to include a 50 push-up session into my day! God it feels good.

TGIF, hope everybody is having a good one.

That's awesome, just be careful!
I go to the gym on a regular basis but usually just walk on the treadmill at an incline and then do weights. Well, I thought I'd try and tighten up my stomach muscles so did the plank and side plank and then could barely get off the mat - somehow screwed myself up so now I have to stay away for a few days to let my muscles relax as I could barely walk. Take it easy and work your way up to it especially if you haven't been doing exercise for a while.
Fun to do it together though :)

DanafromAustin 02-17-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4219697)
You have gotten yourself into a rut and your body is slowing down.

I expected my last 10 pounds to be really slow but I have lost the quickest in the past 6 weeks than in all the rest of the time.

I realized I was eating the same stuff over and over and had stopped making sure I was getting all my veggies in, not using any of the recipes for them.
I had also gotten down to almost no fat as I was using the individual WF salad dressings for convenience.
I also was always eating chicken breasts for my regular protein.

You are likely not eating enough for your size and your body is holding on to fat for dear life.

Go back to the protocol sheet and start again like it is your first day. Very carefully make sure you are getting all your veggies in. Same with oils, don't just count what you use in cooking, you don't get all of that in. Best to measure it out and use it on your salad. Get some fat in with your regular protein.Make sure you are getting in your restricted everyday. Get in everything on the sheet at the upper limits. Also stop jumping on and off the scale. Give your body some time to do the hard work you are asking of it.

Your body has likely gone into shock and needs to be woken up again.

Pat

Thanks for posting this. I've been telling my daughter the exact same thing, but this time I showed her your post too. My daughter is on her last five pounds and it's been going extremely slow for her. Her body fat is only 17%, and she weighs 105 pounds, but she really wants to reach her goal of 100 pounds. She is short (4'9) and very petite. She only eats chicken for her protein and she's been like this for weeks now. I keep telling her to shake things up a bit. I guess Mom telling her wasn't enough, but after reading your post she has agreed to eat something else tonight. I'm making steak tonight for dinner. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by katswimmer (Post 4219738)
TGIF!
I'm in the end of my first week (day six); the cravings have stopped, I've lost just short of five lbs, and am feeling pretty good. I need to find a way to stop checking the scale every couple hours though. I know logically I won't lose any (I may even gain depending on when I ate), but I want to be sure that it's working :^:

If the scale is making you crazy then put it away, especially if you are weighing yourself more than first thing in the morning. This diet does work. Just look around at all of the amazing stats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4219744)
Dana- sounds like you have lots to look forward to and many reasons to celebrate; congratulations and enjoy all of it!

Thank you so much.:)