IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/16/12 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/16/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #2  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning everyone. Day 2 today. Using Wuv's advice and retaking this journey one meal and one day at a time. Day 1 done and dusted, Day 2 good start and I feel it will be a good day. Good luck all.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Feels good to be back

So after taking nearly a year away from program, I'm back and fully committed!! Yesterday was day 1, but being a 3rd shifter, I'm technically still running on yesterday.. If that makes any sense to you at all.
I love this site. Last time, I found sooo much useful and awesome information from everyone on this protocol!! Seriously looking forward to reforming those friendships and bonds!!!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

I am very excited to start Day 1 of this journey. I am feeling very confident. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/200/?

Height: 5'8"

Even 10 weeks in, I still have moments of the boredom munchies--I'm at work, doing the same thing, and I want a snack. I finally found the best thing for it! My office has an ice machine with crushed ice.

I put sugarfree syrup (mostly the DaVinci's from Walmart, but I ordered more flavors online) on a big cup of crushed ice, and eat it with a spoon! It's coarser than real snow cone or shaved ice, but it does the trick! At home I have to crush the ice in the blender, but it works at home, too. It takes a while and I get to crunch sugar-free frozen water, which fulfills my need for a snack. I didn't need the food, I needed the routine!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #6  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning,
Welcome aboard everyone! This will be life changing! I am in the middle of week 3 and I am starting to see what everyone says about the cravings going away and food is not the main focus anymore. I love pizza and will bring home one tonight for my family. But just thte thought of it make me go ugggg. WOW!
Great idea about the slushy, and I will be taking my ninja to work today! Can't wait!
Peace to you all!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

Good Morning everyone. Well today is day 11 and feeling pretty good. Just working on homework. Hope eveyone has a good day!!!!

WI#1 -4.2
Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Christy View Post
Even 10 weeks in, I still have moments of the boredom munchies--I'm at work, doing the same thing, and I want a snack. I finally found the best thing for it! My office has an ice machine with crushed ice.

I put sugarfree syrup (mostly the DaVinci's from Walmart, but I ordered more flavors online) on a big cup of crushed ice, and eat it with a spoon! It's coarser than real snow cone or shaved ice, but it does the trick! At home I have to crush the ice in the blender, but it works at home, too. It takes a while and I get to crunch sugar-free frozen water, which fulfills my need for a snack. I didn't need the food, I needed the routine!
mmm I will give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Good Morning,
Welcome aboard everyone! This will be life changing! I am in the middle of week 3 and I am starting to see what everyone says about the cravings going away and food is not the main focus anymore. I love pizza and will bring home one tonight for my family. But just thte thought of it make me go ugggg. WOW!
Great idea about the slushy, and I will be taking my ninja to work today! Can't wait!
Peace to you all!
Isn't the Ninja wonderful?! I bought one last weekend and am loving it.

to all the new people. You will be amazed at your success with IP. This board has a lot of great advice and helpful tips to make your journey easier.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

My upper arms are like, the same width as my forearms. Kinda weird, but totally awesome that I'm losing arm fat!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!!

to all the people starting and restarting their journey!

Planning on a quiet day at home today. We're supposed to be getting a ton of rain, and I just don't want to be out in it. Wah! Lol! I have noticed that being home is the hardest, when we're in our routine I don't even hardly think about food. However; being home it's around ALL the time and I'm not hungry, it's just out of habit I might think about grabbing something.

I'm retaining water like mad these past two days and I can't figure out why. It's driving me mad!! I can tell as soon as I wake up in the morning because my fingers feel swollen and sure enough when I get on the scale it's up a bit. The strange thing is I should be in the week safest and furthest away from TOM this week. I think my body maybe conspiring against me. I was so close last week to a new decade and when I hit the next one I have a new lipstick all picked out I am going to treat myself to. I haven't changed anything so I guess my body will just get rid of it when its good and ready!

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Good Morning,
Peace to you all!
So, let me ask you (because I've wanted one ever since I saw it on QVC) does the ninja really make "Snow" like they show on TV? I keep seeing them in the stores and thinking about investing, but I haven't made the plunge because I was very disappointed in the magic bullet.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #12  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

And good luck to everyone starting and new on this program.

I weighed myself today to discover I gained 3 whole pounds!!!! How and Why... it really beats me.... It seems that I am gonna die before reaching my so longed for onderland.

I know that it is something hormonal since I have sore breasts, so I am sure hormones are playing havoc within my body, but seriously... I was so sad to see the number going up!!!

I will sure stick to the program even more so than before.

Next month, it will be my birthday and I am so looking forward to be under 200 by then, but it seems so hard! Everytime I am so close, I go up again, I feel like crying, I once reached 201 then went up to 209 then went down to 202 and now up to 205!!!! I mean seriously!!! All I want as a first goal is to be 199, just that for now, just that (
Old 02-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #13  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Wow! 3 days over already! Looking forward to great things to come! My NSV is actually that - I have not weighed myself since starting. Of course, I actually put the scale in another room. I was addicted to weighing myself and then would usually be unhappy with the results. I want my WI to be my official results - no matter what time of day.

Welcome to the other new posters. There is great support and information here.

I made the chocolate mug cake - it overflowed the large mug and was quite light but still delicious. Only 2 mins in the micro though. I will try topped with DaVinci syrup next time.

Here is a tip for being able to find recipes and other ideas easily: I copy and paste them to a document which I save. Mine is called IP recipes. This way I can make notes on what I liked, how long I cooked, etc.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning IPeeps!

5 weeks today and down 25 lbs! I hope that this momentum keeps going. Some weeks I lost a couple lbs., some more than that but so happy with where I am at and love that IP works!

Tired today from my late night at work. It is going to be another long day. I need to make that chocolate mug cake one of these days! Sounds good
Old 02-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

And good luck to everyone starting and new on this program.

I weighed myself today to discover I gained 3 whole pounds!!!! How and Why... it really beats me.... It seems that I am gonna die before reaching my so longed for onderland.

I know that it is something hormonal since I have sore breasts, so I am sure hormones are playing havoc within my body, but seriously... I was so sad to see the number going up!!!

I will sure stick to the program even more so than before.

Next month, it will be my birthday and I am so looking forward to be under 200 by then, but it seems so hard! Everytime I am so close, I go up again, I feel like crying, I once reached 201 then went up to 209 then went down to 202 and now up to 205!!!! I mean seriously!!! All I want as a first goal is to be 199, just that for now, just that (

Hang in there! Your body is fighting this weight loss, it will let go. Don't let it get you down. You are doing amazing!!! This is just a little bump in the road.
Closed Thread