Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Ok,

So I'm forcing myself to post.

I have to admit to you guys that I'm feeling a little blue as my losses have REALLY slowed down. Today, I got a 0 loss/gain...it's the first (19th of Feb is 10 months). I know I know, I'm 122 lbs down my weight will slow down yadda yadda yadda...it's just tough you know. I was really hoping for a good weigh in because I needed a boost.

Two weeks ago I re-confirmed my measurements, last week I did all restricted got backed up (lol). This week I took them all out...essentially a little mini shock to my system. ....didn't work...

My coach gave me the entire pep talk, don't beat yourself up, you've come a long way etc etc...but you know when you're blue it doesn't matter what someone says. She did say my plans for a mini-phase off for Mexico might be exactly what my body needs...but right now I just wanted a good loss.

It's okay. You've done amazing. Remember the pep talks that you have given all of us. Your body is fighting letting go of the weight, but it will. Don't let it get you down. I know it's disappointing, but look at what you have accomplished so far...you have had a great loss......122 POUNDS GONE. I agree, the mini phase off may be exactly what your body needs. Chin up, keep chugging along....You are another one of the inspirations to us here and we are so very proud of you!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
So yeah, I'll struggle through it and I know I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday but really...have to admit I gave the scale the finger!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #108  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Thanks Wayward, Bellamack and Busymom...you're support yesterday was awesome.

I asked the universe via this forum for support and got it in spades!!! After this I go to my TOPS group, we have secret pals. My pal didn't know I was having a bad day and the card she gave me complete with a poem was PERFECT for the day. I might try to find time to scan it and post it.

Also, later on last night my coach reminded me later that I was at 90% of my goal so if it wasn't for me wanting to go to 100% she'd be putting me on Phase 2. I'm not one for inches, we just take them and move along, I'm much more about the scale and what it says. So she added up the total and I've lost 109 Inches!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

So yeah, I'll struggle through it and I know I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday but really...have to admit I gave the scale the finger!
Sounds like you are back in perspective again. You are doing awesome, hang in there.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Ishbel thank you! You give me lot's of hope. I have 100lbs to lose. This is my 5th week and I lost 23.lbs. . Nancy G
Old 02-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Red face

Thanks for the support rissimo and dana!

WAY TO GO Ng951! I think it's neat that I can give you lots of hope by sharing. I don't always share the difficult parts but hey, we're all not iron man!

Even when I'm wallowing in self pity I know deep down that it doesn't matter what the scale says I will still do the same thing tomorrow. I was never one to put a time limit on my weight loss. Throughout this I knew that if I had a goal it didn't matter how long it took me to get there, it was a goal. If I put a timelimit on it then I would beat myself up if I didn't get there in time.

So through some soul searching yesterday I think I realized that I was wanting to be a certain weight when I went to Mexico, which means I put a time limit on it. BAD BAD for me! So I have to accept what it is, adapt and overcome!

Here's the poem that really helped me turn my attitude, thought I'd share it with all of you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Success.jpg (12.7 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Ishbel; 02-16-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #111  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
T
So through some soul searching yesterday I think I realized that I was wanting to be a certain weight when I went to Mexico, which means I put a time limit on it. BAD BAD for me! So I have to accept what it is, adapt and overcome!
I hope you're feeling better today. You are an inspiration to us all!

I really need to go through my closet and get rids of the way too big clothes! I keep pulling out pants that are waaaaay too big and wearing them. Yesterday, I put on a pair of my size 18 jeans, and they were super baggy and falling off. So today a grabbed a new pair that I bought on sale. I've been buying a few sizes down when I can find them at a good price, and today I put on a pair of size 14 skinny jeans. They fit perfectly!!!! My size 14 khakis have fit me for a while because they have a loose fit, but I haven't been able to get my thighs and hips in skinny jeans.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #112  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Thanks Wayward, Bellamack and Busymom...you're support yesterday was awesome.

I asked the universe via this forum for support and got it in spades!!! After this I go to my TOPS group, we have secret pals. My pal didn't know I was having a bad day and the card she gave me complete with a poem was PERFECT for the day. I might try to find time to scan it and post it.

Also, later on last night my coach reminded me later that I was at 90% of my goal so if it wasn't for me wanting to go to 100% she'd be putting me on Phase 2. I'm not one for inches, we just take them and move along, I'm much more about the scale and what it says. So she added up the total and I've lost 109 Inches!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

WOW!!!!......109inches and I thought I loss a lot (well I did) with 87inches gone. We have come a long way in the 10 months we have been on here. We have become different women. More positive and confident, I thought I was before but now....My give a da*n is back and look out. No stopping me now. I was going to suggest since you were so close to your goal that you try eating phase 2 way and maybe the last few lbs would come off. Hang in there, I know you look amazing and that NUMBER on the scale is just that...A NUMBER its how YOU FEEL in your own skin that matters. You are a beautiful person regardless of that number and Mexico is in for a rude awakening when you hit there with that smoking body in a bathing suit!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Ishbel - Look at what you have gained in the last 10 months - all of us little people (tee hee) who have your back!
Now, how do we all get through customs in your carry-on bag.....
Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Wuv -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Good afternoon everyone!!!
I hope everyone is having a great OP day!

I have had a crappy day, but that's all work related lol.

Just wanted to say happy belated Valentines Day to all the ladies of the group, sorry I missed doing it yesterday.

Congrats again Lisa... stumbled across the cheat thread where you slammed them all to shut up... I was about to do the same thing lol.

I will post here and answer any questions anyone has about anything if I can help.
But I think I am pretty much done helping on the other threads.
There are too many new people who have been on program for a month or less, have lost 9 pounds in 2 months, or know everything that argue everything we try and tell them.
My household has lost over 165 pounds now on IP between the wife and I.
I don't think I know it all, and I only try and answer what I know from my experience.
But I am sorry if Lisa and I say one thing and someone else who has lost 12 pounds in 2 months is going to debate my answer then I wasted my time in the first place.

I know there are others that are getting tired of trying to help amongst the know it alls, I will not mention any names but it seems to be happening a lot now a days.
To everyone in this group... if there is ever anything you need please don't hesitate to ask.

But for the rest of them, they can cheat, and go back and forth and waiver all they want.
I enjoy being in great shape, I enjoy the benefits I have gained from IP, and I enjoy helping the ones who actually want it and ask for it from me.

But I am not wasting my time constantly trying to help people on this forum anymore.

Sorry for the negative thread, as someone who constantly closes with Stay Positive.... but you can only take so much BS on one forum.
Well said. I LOVE IT!! I do feel for those who stumble along the way but the bottom line is WE are in control of what we do and it all comes down to that. I am so thankful for this thread. I realize as long as I am 100% my body will let go what and when it is ready to. It is all about patience and persistence I feel it is a total mind, body and spirit journey. You do deal with a lot of demons along the way but it makes you that much stronger.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

WI#5 this morning. Lost 4 more pounds!! That makes a total of 21 pounds in just 5 short weeks.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Ishbel - Look at what you have gained in the last 10 months - all of us little people (tee hee) who have your back!
Now, how do we all get through customs in your carry-on bag.....

I totally agree!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Well something had to be done with that one thread, then someone still told me "off" in a way....OH WELL....I have a home and so do the rest of you.....that is all that matters right?
That's right!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I have a tmi question for the women...

Has anyone skipped their Tom? This is the second month with nothing. I have taken numerous pregnancy tests and they are all negative (whew). I am still losing, all be it slowly. I have all the symptoms, but that's it...
Old 02-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Happy Birthday Lisa My girls don't have school tomorrow so we are going to stay at a place with a water park tonight. Got a fridge and microwave in it so I will have no problem's there. Hardest part was making everything up last night so I just have to heat it. We are going to have a blast! Downer of the day my husbands truck probably needs a new engine So glad I won't be around tonight because he is going to be understandably crabby.

Great victories everyone!! Have a wonderful OP day
Closed Thread