Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I completely agree! It is so nice to be around others that are just as committed! Where is your cruise going to? We have an Alaskan Cruise in June and I am really hoping to be a lot lighter. My husband ordered pizza last night for he and my daughter. That was tough but I ate my shrimp.
We are going to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel. I've been to Cozumel before, but I'm really looking forward to Honduras and Belize. I've been on an Alaska cruise twice and honestly it's my favorite place to cruise too. So incredibly beautiful. Pizza is one food I can't be around. Before IP, while I love Pizza, I would never have said that was my favorite food, but since starting IP I have to say I miss pizza most of all.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #32  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good Morning everyone! Just had to share this with y'all.....I tried on my wedding dress from 25 years ago and IT FIT!!!....Never in a million years would I have thought I would be able to fit in it again!!!....my nephews were all here and said WOW taunt Lisa, that is beautiful!!....made me tear up for sure.

Today is just sit around the house and do nothing day, we were on the road all day yesterday shopping and looking around. I just wish it was a little warmer to go sit outside though. She lives in the country so the wind is crazy, open fields nothing to block the wind....brrrrrrr
Old 02-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
We are going to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel. I've been to Cozumel before, but I'm really looking forward to Honduras and Belize. I've been on an Alaska cruise twice and honestly it's my favorite place to cruise too. So incredibly beautiful. Pizza is one food I can't be around. Before IP, while I love Pizza, I would never have said that was my favorite food, but since starting IP I have to say I miss pizza most of all.
Sounds like a ton of fun! I have always wanted to go to Belize. I am really looking forward to the Alaskan cruise. I have never been and our cruise is for 7 days, no kids. It will be our honeymoon since we never really had one! My husband's parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary for the cruise and are inviting a bunch of his family.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Help! I need a good pep talk. I'm at work today, tired, and hungry. Maybe just a good laugh would help. Thanks!

And now the guy in the cubicle next to me just brought in his Mickey D's meal--the fries are laughing at me;-(

Last edited by GonnaB50NFabulous; 02-12-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda13 View Post
We went to my husband's uncle's house last night along with my in-laws. Everybody had pizza. It was hard, but I drank my decaf coffee and water, and was very proud of myself afterwards. The uncle's girlfriend said "Oh, I've got hummus & guacamole you can have!" She was shocked when I told her I couldn't have those either. I kept a smile on my face and said "I've got my coffee and I just had dinner at home, so I'm full. Thanks anyways!" I was totally lying, but at least I was able to stick to my guns and not give in to my cravings, which is a lot more than I can say for myself two months ago!
That's my go to excuse "I've already eaten" or "I'll eat when I get home, it's already cooking". Good for you for sticking to your guns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning everyone! Just had to share this with y'all.....I tried on my wedding dress from 25 years ago and IT FIT!!!....Never in a million years would I have thought I would be able to fit in it again!!!....my nephews were all here and said WOW taunt Lisa, that is beautiful!!....made me tear up for sure.r
That's awesome!! How amazing! I hope you have a restful day today and stay warm!

Quote:
That sounds like fun! I have never been on an Alaska cruise, but that would be my first pick, maybe for hubby and I's 10th anniversary. I hope you have a great time!! RE Pizza, I'm in the same boat. It was always just 'ok' never something I really craved but strangely enough I have really been missing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaB50NFabulous View Post
Help! I need a good pep talk. I'm at work today, tired, and hungry. Maybe just a good laugh would help. Thanks!

And now the guy in the cubicle next to me just brought in his Mickey D's meal--the fries are laughing at me;-(
Do you have any herbal tea at your desk? That's always my go to for when I'm hungry. That or a nice hot cup of coffee. You're stronger than those fries!!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #36  

Quote:
Any chance you are going on NCLs Star?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #37  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzsmom View Post
Any chance you are going on NCLs Star?
No, we are going on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Sea. Are you going on NCL?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

I did a full week with restricted bars (pure protein small ones) and found that they made me super hungry and a little backed up (granted I don't eat much salad to begin with) I did however lose the same. I think I am going to limit the pure protein bars to 2-3 times a week tho. I ordered some chocolate puffs and sour cream onion ones from Nashua today and they both have lower carbs ad sugar than the pure protein bars. I think maby the sugar alcohol did it with the cravings and hunger but not sure. I am soooo excited because I got the case of rhubarb I ordered from Pomegranate Market and I found comparable supplements for all but 2 of the IP ones I have been using there for WAY cheaper!
WOW so many are at the -100 mark and many more are getting close. That is awsome!! Good job everyone and we will all be to goal before we know it
Old 02-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Thought this was cute

I know that we are not doing points, but someone asked for a laugh and I got one out of this photo.

Last edited by rissimo; 03-08-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

I think I'm having a delayed reaction to the Prednisone I was on for 10 days. I was amazed how I wasn't having any carb cravings and didn't notice a difference in my hunger levels. Well, I've been off it for 2 days, (feeling good, yay) but I'm having really intense hunger issues.

I'm eating a few ounces more protein....hope it helps. This is really hard

Hopefully won't feel this way much longer....
Old 02-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this new thread! So positive, so inspiring, so 100%!! Thank you WUV.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/128

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
I think I'm having a delayed reaction to the Prednisone I was on for 10 days. I was amazed how I wasn't having any carb cravings and didn't notice a difference in my hunger levels. Well, I've been off it for 2 days, (feeling good, yay) but I'm having really intense hunger issues.

I'm eating a few ounces more protein....hope it helps. This is really hard

Hopefully won't feel this way much longer....
You can do it!! Prednisone messes with your body on a DNA level, so it will take some time for your body to re-equilibrate. But a strong head has won many battles against cranky cells - just think first week on IP - you made it!! Stay strong and OP
Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #43  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I didn't get to weigh in today. My youngest daughter caught a stomach bug and was too sick for me to risk taking her to the WI with me. I've rescheduled for Wednesday. Things have been so busy around here. I've been staying OP, but my eting schedule has been out of whack! Today is my first normal eating day since last Monday. There's something to be said for spending an entire day at home with a sick child.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #44  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone, its been a LONG day been up since 5am, been on the road since 7am and just got back to mom's. Thank goodness the rain didn't happen until we were on the way home. The services were beautiful and OMG did they have a spread of food there...geeze....crawfish bread, king cake, fruits, shrimp fettuccine, spinach dip, deviled eggs, jambalaya, roast beef, ham and wine...lots and lots of wine and a LOT more food. I didn't even go to the kitchen, I stayed in the living room. I had a shake at 630am and had my apple cinnamon puffs around 1 on the way to the burial site. So overall it was a good day and yes without a doubt stayed 100% OP!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #45  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all, I made the decision before I started IP to be 100% till the end. I am really happy to have found this thread.

Congrats to everyone in the 100 lb club. The tat is cool.

Have been able to drop my blood sugar from 414 to 127 in just the first 12 days on IP. I'm very excited.

Question: does everyone eat 3 unrestricted and 1 restricted every day?
Closed Thread