Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Planning a road trip with my husband for next month up the California coast. He is disappointed that I will be 100% OP (no wine, etc.). I assured him we can still have a wonderful time, but he now wants to wait until I am maintaining. Whatever, not budging on this one, the Coast will still be there when I am on maintenance. Hopefully he at some point will get how important this is for me and us!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #152  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, I would like to say thank you to everyone for the Birthday Wishes yesterday. It made my day extra special coming from all of you.

I have to agree with Ishbel, If it wouldn't have been for this site I don't know if I would of come this far. This has been a valuable part of my weight loss and will continue to be even after I reach my goal. I know that there is ALWAYS a need for support and I will be around to give that. Some take it and some don't, I know that I have helped a few people along the way and that is all that matters. Whenever I first started, I would check everyone's stats and I knew there were a few of us that had to lose 100+pounds and I was like YES!!...I am not the ONLY one needing to lose that much even though I was the biggest one that I have seen on it. So I would follow everyone closely but really kept my eye on Rollercoaster, JellyMae, BusyMommy and Ishbel because I knew these would be the ones who would be in it as long as I would be on it....and here we are 10 months later ALL 4 of us OVER 100pounds GONE....FOREVER!!!....We have seen people make their goal and move on, we have seen people struggle, we have seen new people come but we are still here pushing forward til the end and beyond. Not just the 5 of us but EVERYONE of us HAS what it takes TO BE SUCCESSFUL.....YOU just have to FIND it within YOURSELF!!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #153  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I posted on the daily thread but thought I would post here too. Today is my 5th month anniversary on IP and of course 100% the entire time.

I have a lot to look forward to this next couple of weeks. I'm unofficially just 1 pound away from onederland today, I'm seeing my mom, my brother and SIL and my doctor in the coming week or two. I haven't seen my mom since I was at least 20 pounds heavier, my brother and SIL since just starting IP and my doctor (who recommended IP to me) before I started IP. And leaving for my cruise a week from Sunday. Lots to look forward to.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
TGIF everyone!

Ugh had the bad idea to have ham last night for dinner and i was up this morning probably due to the salt...i have WI tomorrow so gonna drink 1 liter more then usual today (making it 5) and hopefully it will get rid of it.

New Englander - Very cool on size 10 pants I always go to a store where clothes are made bigger so i take smaller sizes, lol.

Have a great day
I'm puzzled why ham isn't restricted...I get that you can still lose weight eating it but it discouraging to see the water weight the next day or two which doesn't make for happy dieters who are earger to see daily changes in the positive direction. I haven't had ham yet while being OP and I think I'll hold off until I'm in maintenance; only because I really enjoy seeing decreases not temporary increases.

I suppose if an event came up and I did have ham while OP, I would make sure it wasn't a day or two before my WI, drink tons of water (I already drink 150 - 200oz per day so that will be hard), and won't weigh myself for a day or two so I won't have to see the temporary 'gain'.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I posted on the daily thread but thought I would post here too. Today is my 5th month anniversary on IP and of course 100% the entire time.

I have a lot to look forward to this next couple of weeks. I'm unofficially just 1 pound away from onederland today, I'm seeing my mom, my brother and SIL and my doctor in the coming week or two. I haven't seen my mom since I was at least 20 pounds heavier, my brother and SIL since just starting IP and my doctor (who recommended IP to me) before I started IP. And leaving for my cruise a week from Sunday. Lots to look forward to.
5 months and entirely 100% OP the whole time! Congrat's!! And it sounds like you DO have a lot to look forward to!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #156  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I had to smile about the "sweet roll". I got them too and they are quite wierd being so crisp on the outsiDe. But I savoured the microscopic "chocalate" chips. Heavens knows what they really are.

pat
I'm so glad mine wasn't the only weird looking sweet roll. I was expecting roll type consistency and instead I got a hard round disk. However, the flavor was good and I'm thinking cut in half it would make a nice pita type pocket but I'm not sure about what could be used as a filler.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the answers on the communion question. I am SO glad it is ok. So the girls and I had a blast at the water park last night. I put some cut up chicken in a bag and dumped some Franks Wing Sauce (0/0/0) in the bag and had 2 cups of coleslaw for supper. I just ate the chicken cold out of the bag and it was good. I just got the choc. soy puffs from Nashua yesterday so I had those for breakfast. HOLY CRAP THEY ARE GOOD!! I think they are better than the bars!! I was able to stay OP without a hitch. The only thing was I put my cucumbers in the fridge with a RTD shake and figured I would eat that for lunch right before check out but the darn cuc's froze!! They were half frozen and half mushy and nasty! I did have time to grab a veggie quick tho when I dropped the kids off at home before going back to work. As long as I take the time to plan ahead every day and make sure I have what I need if I am somewhere that is not IP friendly I am good to go. I hope the rest of my journey goes this well. Have a nice weekend everyone
Old 02-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Good for you Dana! You rock
Old 02-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
I have a lot to look forward to this next couple of weeks. I'm unofficially just 1 pound away from onederland today, I'm seeing my mom, my brother and SIL and my doctor in the coming week or two.... And leaving for my cruise a week from Sunday. Lots to look forward to.
Wow, just reading your schedule makes me want to go take a nap. Get ready for lots of compliments and shocked looks. You earned them!

Ooo and I wish we were heading on another cruise. We can't always fit in all the activities we want to try each day - too much fun. Maybe that will be my reward for goal....and I might even take my DH along too.

Thinking about your upcoming doctor visit..... I had a follow up with my rhuemotologist, he was thrilled at my progress - I guess it was about 40 pounds gone. I saw my regular doc a month later and was looking forward to her shocked look. When she walked into the examine room, she had her nose in my chart - didn't look up - and said "oh, Dr. ____ told me about your weight loss." WHAT?!?!?! That was it?! No balloons or confetti? I know she was pleased, but when I get back to the rhuemotologist I am going to tell him "STOP STEALING MY THUNDER"....
Old 02-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Planning a road trip with my husband for next month up the California coast. He is disappointed that I will be 100% OP (no wine, etc.). I assured him we can still have a wonderful time, but he now wants to wait until I am maintaining. Whatever, not budging on this one, the Coast will still be there when I am on maintenance. Hopefully he at some point will get how important this is for me and us!
Way to stick by your conviction! That is a trip I want to take with my husband in a few years. By that time I will be at goal and can partake in the wine! If you go now, have fun. If you decide to wait, then you will love the way you look, feel, and get to taste a little wine
Old 02-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #161  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi All, haven't been posting online for a while, bunch of people visiting. I have been jumping on for inspiration. Love the positive notes here. Just a quick drop in to say I am still around and still totally OP!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #162  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodEatsandWine View Post
5 months and entirely 100% OP the whole time! Congrat's!! And it sounds like you DO have a lot to look forward to!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
Good for you Dana! You rock
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Wow, just reading your schedule makes me want to go take a nap. Get ready for lots of compliments and shocked looks. You earned them!

Ooo and I wish we were heading on another cruise. We can't always fit in all the activities we want to try each day - too much fun. Maybe that will be my reward for goal....and I might even take my DH along too.

Thinking about your upcoming doctor visit..... I had a follow up with my rhuemotologist, he was thrilled at my progress - I guess it was about 40 pounds gone. I saw my regular doc a month later and was looking forward to her shocked look. When she walked into the examine room, she had her nose in my chart - didn't look up - and said "oh, Dr. ____ told me about your weight loss." WHAT?!?!?! That was it?! No balloons or confetti? I know she was pleased, but when I get back to the rhuemotologist I am going to tell him "STOP STEALING MY THUNDER"....
Thank you!

A cruise would be the perfect way to celebrate reaching your goal. One of my best friends is also on IP, and both of hopefully will be at or close to goal mid to late summer. She lives in another state, so we are making plans to meet somewhere in the country for a fun girls week away and celebrate our weight losses together. Over the years she has always been my dieting partner.

I told my coach to get those balloons and confetti ready for when their scale says onederland. Well at least you got a great response from your rhuemotologist. My doctor, the one who I'm seeing next week, told me to loose 20 pounds by my next visit. Hopefully she will be really happy when she finds out I lost a lot more.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! On week 5 and still 100% OP! I am loving it and this forum. Have a great day!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #164  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

It's been 4 months and a week since i've been on IP and I'm so happy to say that I've lost 60 pounds and I'm finally into the 170's. I love IP and Love being on it 100%.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Congratulations to everyone on their losses and NSV's as well...
Old 02-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #165  

Height: 5'0"

Actually said "No" to going out to dinner tonight. My friends were going out for Italian. There is no way that I would be able to sit through a dinner of pasta and fresh baked bread and eat a salad. I told my friend that I had to be good to myself and right now, that means not going out to certain restaurants. She was rather perplexed at first thinking I should just be strong. When I explained that I knew it was a bad situation for me because I love love love bread and pasta, she understood. It felt rather empowering.
Closed Thread