Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #16  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Yes forgive and forgett! Move on, you can do this if it's what you really want My two tips when cravings and caving hit me.... Drink a glass of water and get on here to read encouraging tips and get good ideas on how to spice up your next meal!! Get back on and hang on for the ride!!!! Don't be to hard on yourself.
100poundfreeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
When this happened to me, I had a "revelation" of sorts. I felt so awful, physically and mentally, that I realized that instead of "indulging" myself, or "treating" myself with that cheat, I had actually punished myself. Not one good thing came of it. And so many good things had been coming out of staying OP. Now, why would I want to punish myself like that?? It was kind of an eye opener.
This exact same thing happened to me, too.... yesterday. LOL
I felt so stuffed after eating and I never feel that way with IP food. Dont beat yourself up about it. I thought my coach would be really angry and disappointed but she wasn't! She just said "It happens, now lets move on." I felt better immediately.
But you do need to figure out why you cheated so you it doesnt happen again. For me it was stress and lack of sleep.
You'll be fine and dont worry about it, move on
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #18  
started IP 01/03/2012

S/C/G: 238/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
I have cleaned out my cupboards and refrigerator of all foods that could possibly call my name. So when I feel the urge to eat something that isn't on-protocol, I would have to get in my car and actually go to a store & buy it. Makes it just too difficult to get my hands on whatever it is and gives me time to allow that urge to go away.

Sometimes what I really want/need is a nap because I am tired or something to occupy me because I am bored or a hug from someone because I am depressed.

And sometimes I figure out something as close as possible in an Ideal Protein product to satisfy that urge and eat it instead.

You can do this! You will be so happy when you stick with the protocol and the weight just starts falling off.
I just read your blog and I have to say it could have been me that wrote it! We seem to be so similar, even our height, starting and goal weights are close. I am one of those people who chose to wait until after the new year to start IP and I don't regret it because I can't go back and change things but I do know now that I absolutely could have made it through the holidays without cheating. I wish you continued success and congrats on the weight lost
Mischyff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'2

I found that I had to eliminate the flavored drinks like mio and crystal light because they blew my cravings throught the roof, I find that I don't have any cravings if I just stick to whats on the sheet. sad I know
Youll do great, huge Hugs!
mlseward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 182/155/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Dont stress over the "mistake"....it happens. We all need to lose weight because we struggle with food...we struggle with cravings....for a whole variety of reasons. Setting yourself back a few days is SMALL when you look a the big picture. Regaining control is what is important. Forgiving yourself and getting back on plan is a lesson its own right....
suzih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #21  

thanks, this was very helpful!
tedfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #22  

this is very helpful, thanks
Old 02-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #23  

great advice.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:11 AM   #24  
~ready_for_change~

S/C/G: 205/205/140

Height: 5'6

Very helpful info. Thx very much!
itshammertime23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshammertime23 View Post
So something came over me about an hour ago and even though I knew I shouldn't, I reasoned myself into eating a bunch of crap I shouldn't have. It's my 10th day and I just acted like a total food addict! Anyone else fallen off and could give some advice on how to handle those " I have to this" times?
You had a weak moment and went with it. It's in the past.
How you react to it and where you go from here is important. You can give in to the guilt and feel bad or you can move on and forget about it.
In my experience, giving in to the guilt leads to more bad choices
Move forward and forget it happened
shiipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischyff View Post
I just read your blog and I have to say it could have been me that wrote it! We seem to be so similar, even our height, starting and goal weights are close. I am one of those people who chose to wait until after the new year to start IP and I don't regret it because I can't go back and change things but I do know now that I absolutely could have made it through the holidays without cheating. I wish you continued success and congrats on the weight lost
Thanks! And I wish you continued success too!!!
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshammertime23 View Post
So something came over me about an hour ago and even though I knew I shouldn't, I reasoned myself into eating a bunch of crap I shouldn't have. It's my 10th day and I just acted like a total food addict! Anyone else fallen off and could give some advice on how to handle those " I have to this" times?
You have to be emotionally and mentally into this. It's a focus driven diet... get back on track and know the end will be here before you know it! Just do it! No looking back...what's in the past is in the past and the present is your gift!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote