Height: 5'7"

Wink What is success?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

Not going to say a word

Is all I am going to say

Your thoughts

You should be happy its a loss
Every week that I don't gain is a success to me! That's where I was before I decided to eat in a more healthy manner! I've been reading Made to Crave, which is teaching me that I'm turning to food for help with comfort, love, anxiety, etc. instead of turning to God. I've been making food my idol.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #92  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

S/C/G: 149/145.2/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Ummmm, hate to break the news.. Vodka has 65-75 calories per shot. The " no carb" gimmick was put out by the alcohol industry. Technically in the glass, no carbs. Once you ingest it, and it goes thru your bloodstream, liver, pancreas, your body treats it as a carb. Not good if you're following IP.
lucky me drank it socially about once a week on IP and still lost 20lbs!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 268/258.5/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
Ok, lets try this again. Recipe for "bread"

1 egg white
1 packet vanilla pudding
drizzle of olive oil (probably less than half a teaspoon)
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt
pepper
italian seasoning
garlic powder
dried onions

Mix together then add enough water to make a dough. Spray a pie plate with pam and spread your dough into about a 5 inch diameter circle. Bake on 350 turning every 5-10 minutes until brown and crispy. I cut mine in half and put about 1.5 oz turkey and some mustard and lettuce and ate it like a sandwich. Was almost life changing!

*thinking you could also make this a dessert by adding cinnamon, stevia and maybe some nutmeg??
MMMM! This sounds good! I'm afraid to try things that taste good though, because I might think I'm cheating and sabotage myself!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #94  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineonline View Post
lucky me drank it socially about once a week on IP and still lost 20lbs!
eww vodka does have calories, wonder what they're from since there's nothing else in vodka ... I guess I was thinking of crystal lite, min calories but still no carbs

no scientist here but vodka didn't cause me any problems on the plan, every body is different i guess
Old 02-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #95  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineonline View Post
eww vodka does have calories, wonder what they're from since there's nothing else in vodka ... I guess I was thinking of crystal lite, min calories but still no carbs

no scientist here but vodka didn't cause me any problems on the plan, every body is different i guess
Well I guess the answere is nothing is calorie and carb free so no DRINKING? I mean I don't want to cheat and I don't need a drink but if I'm doing this for a year I was wondering if once in a blue moon I could have a drink and still be OP. I want to loose a 100lb's so I guess I will do it sober ..... I lol because it's not like I'm much of a drinker anyway but once and a while was nice!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #96  
INACTIVE

Default Mac and Cheese!!

I am happy to share that I've figured out mac & cheese! It doesn't make a lot, it is restricted and it is time consuming, but it's MAC and CHEESE! Ok, here we go:

1 packet plain crepe mix
1 cup WF alfredo sauce
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1-2 tsp Land O' Lakes sharp cheddar seasoning (this will add about 20 calories)
1/4 tsp sea salt for crepe mix
about 1/2 oz water
pepper to taste
pot of boiling water
preheated oven @ 400 degrees
small baking dish (I used 4 inch springform pan)

Pour crepe mix into a bowl, add salt and mix. Add the water to form a thick dough. Take tiny pinches of dough and roll into a small pea. Then, roll into an elongated shape by moving your hands like you are warming them up. Dough should make about 50 of these pieces. Put into boiling water and shut off the heat. Let pieces cure in water for about 2 minutes--they will be floating on the top, it helps to stir them a little. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Mix WF alfredo sauce and seasonings in a small bowl. Add the "pasta" and mix together gently. Use a rubber spatula to transfer to baking dish and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maccheese1-copy.jpg (72.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg maccheese2-copy.jpg (65.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 02-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 390/312/220

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
Well I guess the answere is nothing is calorie and carb free so no DRINKING? I mean I don't want to cheat and I don't need a drink but if I'm doing this for a year I was wondering if once in a blue moon I could have a drink and still be OP. I want to loose a 100lb's so I guess I will do it sober ..... I lol because it's not like I'm much of a drinker anyway but once and a while was nice!
If it burns, it has energy; if it has energy, it has calories; if it bleeds, we can kill it <All said in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice>
Old 02-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #98  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Did you see the recipes I put up? also, Crystal Light now makes the Appletini, Maragrita and Mojito Mixes that are good....taste just like the drinks just don't have the alcohol in it. Same color and everything the ONLY person who would know the difference is YOU!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
I am happy to share that I've figured out mac & cheese! It doesn't make a lot, it is restricted and it is time consuming, but it's MAC and CHEESE! Ok, here we go:

1 packet plain crepe mix
1 cup WF alfredo sauce
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1-2 tsp Land O' Lakes sharp cheddar seasoning (this will add about 20 calories)
1/4 tsp sea salt for crepe mix
about 1/2 oz water
pepper to taste
pot of boiling water
preheated oven @ 400 degrees
small baking dish (I used 4 inch springform pan)

Pour crepe mix into a bowl, add salt and mix. Add the water to form a thick dough. Take tiny pinches of dough and roll into a small pea. Then, roll into an elongated shape by moving your hands like you are warming them up. Dough should make about 50 of these pieces. Put into boiling water and shut off the heat. Let pieces cure in water for about 2 minutes--they will be floating on the top, it helps to stir them a little. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Mix WF alfredo sauce and seasonings in a small bowl. Add the "pasta" and mix together gently. Use a rubber spatula to transfer to baking dish and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes.
PLEASE make sure you are adding these new recipes to the recipe threads so that they will be found later as well
Old 02-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
Ok, lets try this again. Recipe for "bread"

1 egg white
1 packet vanilla pudding
drizzle of olive oil (probably less than half a teaspoon)
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt
pepper
italian seasoning
garlic powder
dried onions

Mix together then add enough water to make a dough. Spray a pie plate with pam and spread your dough into about a 5 inch diameter circle. Bake on 350 turning every 5-10 minutes until brown and crispy. I cut mine in half and put about 1.5 oz turkey and some mustard and lettuce and ate it like a sandwich. Was almost life changing!

*thinking you could also make this a dessert by adding cinnamon, stevia and maybe some nutmeg??
Please make sure you add this to the recipe thread to be found later
Old 02-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #101  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Let me know what you think! So many possibilities with flavored teas out there....
I made one this afternoon with Vanilla Hazelnut Tea, it was so yummy!!! I think this might be my new favorite drink, it almost tasted like a chai latte, which i've been missing. Thank you so much for posting your Tea Smoothie recipe!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Down another 2 lbs and it is TOM for me so i was actually surprised because i feel awful and bloated. Bought the potatoes this week, so looking forward to making some fun things with them.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #103  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

Quote:
I'm not much of a drinker either so it's not like I went nuts with it but being out with people who are also drinking and snacking you can feel awkward with ordering water and lemon all night so for me, if I wanted to drink I would order lemon wedges, ice and water and a shot of vodka, whip out my single serving of crystal lite, you can actually get two drinks out of one packet, just order another shot and keep the water and lemon coming.

I think about a month into my journey the first time around in 2010 I went for a bday celebration one Sunday and decided to indulge in dessert, nothing happened but all these little moments can add up - what I say to myself before or during moments like these is - is it worth it? and if it is I do what I do as I like and face the music if there is any! Only one way to know what will impair your progress just be aware of and willing to accept the consequences. After all is said and done, if something negative results, don't look back - just get back on track!

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #104  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
Down another 2 lbs and it is TOM for me so i was actually surprised because i feel awful and bloated. Bought the potatoes this week, so looking forward to making some fun things with them.
Congrats! I tried the potatoes in a shepherd's pie last night and they tasted great! I wouldn't bake them again on top, though. They came out kind of solid. Or maybe I would add enough water to make them a soup and then try baking. But, they definitely have a nice potato flavor!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #105  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Thanks guys for all the good input! I'm good with no drinks or the mint flavor and chocolate shake with water Like I said I'm not a huge drinker anyway so for now it's not worth the extra calories!
Closed Thread