3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   One Year and what a difference! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/252243-one-year-what-difference.html)

grannyto2bear 02-05-2012 09:57 AM

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary and your great weight loss.

Thanks for sharing your story and all the encouragement you have given to help us all on our journey. You have been a great inspiration and help to me many times since I joined here and I would like to thank you for this.

I have been thinking of you and your furry friends, and I am sorry to hear about Jewel. Congratulations to Red Dog that is a great accomplishment for her and you.

patns 02-05-2012 10:04 AM

Hi 2R, I was thinking about your post later and your your comment about something not agreeing with you. I would bet it's the bread. Did you try Ezekiel bread? It is very tasty and is made from ancient grains. You likely know that.
You have done so well, you will be successful on your continuing journey.
Pat

patns 02-05-2012 10:16 AM

Hi Joanne; I was so pleased to read about your very succesful year but sad to read you had lost Jewel. I almost felt like I know her reading your stories about her.

I had posted this question for you somewhere and forget which thread it was. Where do you buy the flavoured coffee for the Keurig in Edmonton? Several Americans answered saying Walmart. I go to the Walmart in Vegreville and they don't have them. I avoid Walmarts in the city because they are so crowded. But if I knew they were at a particular Walmart I would go there. My office is in the Newton area but I am all over the city with my job.

You must be enjoying the mild weather for getting your younger dog out.
Have a great week.

Pat

pegv 02-05-2012 10:17 AM

Wow, what an inspiring story, thanks for sharing with us! I need to print this and hang it on my fridge to remind me it can happen.

Aunt Sheshie 02-05-2012 11:26 AM

Awesome post, 2RIDE!!!.. I've always enjoyed having you as one of my IP comrades... you've had an amazing journey thus far... & I just know you'll finish it with much success... great hearing from you!..

hugs :hug:

Eck 02-05-2012 11:34 AM

You are inspiring! Thank you for sharing your journey. I can't wait to celebrate my one year anniversary of my life change. Your post made me more determined!

wuv2bloved 02-05-2012 12:15 PM

Thanks for sharing Joanne, you have come a long way. You need to post a before and after pic so everyone can see the difference in your appearance from your hair to healthy body you have now. You have helped more people than you know on your journey..Congrats again!

JellyMae87 02-05-2012 12:25 PM

I think that you have done such a wonderful job at transforming yourself... I have always looked forward to what you will have to say on these boards... I am glad that you still havent given up! and your new avatar is simply Amazing!!

Sorry to hear about Jewel. I am sure that she was looking down on you, not only this weekend but she always will!

Renewing Myself 02-05-2012 12:26 PM

Congrats to you, what wonderful inspiration you are for all of us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4204337)
Hi Joanne; I was so pleased to read about your very succesful year but sad to read you had lost Jewel. I almost felt like I know her reading your stories about her.

I had posted this question for you somewhere and forget which thread it was. Where do you buy the flavoured coffee for the Keurig in Edmonton? Several Americans answered saying Walmart. I go to the Walmart in Vegreville and they don't have them. I avoid Walmarts in the city because they are so crowded. But if I knew they were at a particular Walmart I would go there. My office is in the Newton area but I am all over the city with my job.

You must be enjoying the mild weather for getting your younger dog out.
Have a great week.

Pat

Pat - I just got a few different flavours from Canadian Tire last week. Also I have heard that London Drugs and Bed, Bath & Beyond has lots of selection.

Survalia 02-05-2012 12:56 PM

:bravo::cp::cp::cp::hat::dancer::dancer::encore::c heer2::congrat::cheer::yay::yay::woo::woo::carrot:

THANK YOU for sharing your awesome story. And CONGRATULATIONS! What an accomplishment. I wish you continued success in your maintenance journey!

Tiger 02-05-2012 01:23 PM

Love this story. I've been lurking/reading this site for a couple weeks, and already put some recipes to use. Your story got made me go ahead and register though.

I'm wrapping up week 3 and have lost 12 lbs so far. My mom is about a week or 2 ahead of me and has lost over 20! Its nice having someone do this with you. And I'm short so I'm already noticing a difference in my clothes at 12lbs. I'm already at the lowest weight I've been in over a year so I'm thrilled and can't wait to see where this takes me.

I haven't cheated once. I even felt guilty the one time I had tomatoes even though they're allowed once a week. I made french fries out of turnips and topped them off with the IP Chili last week and kept thinking I had to be cheating then too. I work at a restaurant too, so I have soups, and french
fries, and soft drinks and everything in my face all the time. This is the first diet where after getting past the first week I haven't even wanted to cheat. I love that I'm forced to cook more, I bring lunches to work.

Excited for week 4 to being. I just got an elliptical today! So ready to start incorporating exercise!

Thanks again for sharing your story. It's definitely an inspiration.

wuv2bloved 02-05-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 4204608)
Love this story. I've been lurking/reading this site for a couple weeks, and already put some recipes to use. Your story got made me go ahead and register though.

I'm wrapping up week 3 and have lost 12 lbs so far. My mom is about a week or 2 ahead of me and has lost over 20! Its nice having someone do this with you. And I'm short so I'm already noticing a difference in my clothes at 12lbs. I'm already at the lowest weight I've been in over a year so I'm thrilled and can't wait to see where this takes me.

I haven't cheated once. I even felt guilty the one time I had tomatoes even though they're allowed once a week. I made french fries out of turnips and topped them off with the IP Chili last week and kept thinking I had to be cheating then too. I work at a restaurant too, so I have soups, and french
fries, and soft drinks and everything in my face all the time. This is the first diet where after getting past the first week I haven't even wanted to cheat. I love that I'm forced to cook more, I bring lunches to work.

Excited for week 4 to being. I just got an elliptical today! So ready to start incorporating exercise!

Thanks again for sharing your story. It's definitely an inspiration.

Tiger where in La?

Tiger 02-05-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4204663)
Tiger where in La?

Baton Rouge

maykatcooper 02-05-2012 05:16 PM

Joanne, I've told you before and I'm gonna tell you again - YOU ROCK GIRL! I am so proud of you and happy for you and Rebel! ...yet so sad for your loss of a good friend. :hug:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful, challenging year with us with a fantastic victory ending. Smile.

tenniels 02-05-2012 05:30 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this!!! Like everyone has said, truly inspiring. I know you'll lose those last pounds you're wanting to :hug: