3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Day 4 on IP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/252229-day-4-ip.html)

2thick81 03-28-2012 10:42 PM

I had my first weigh in today, a day shy from the 1 week mark, and I am down only 3lbs. I honestly was expecting a Lil more than that. This week was really rough!!! I fought cravings all day and night! The only meal i feel full is dinner. I also havent experienced the extra energy. I feel very fatigue. Im also finding it hard on my work days. Im a nurse and do 12 hour shifts, my break n lunch are not scheduled and go based on down time. I hope my post doesn't seem too negative....I need some motivation, encouragement, and hope....

anume2012 03-28-2012 11:11 PM

day 4

Today is day 4 for me too. I was searching for recipes and found this site. I am so happy I did. Reading all the poetaster really helpful. Tomorrow is.my first weigh in. I am not expecting much but really happy that I have a good coach and this plan.

infoplease 03-28-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2thick81 (Post 4271739)
I had my first weigh in today, a day shy from the 1 week mark, and I am down only 3lbs. I honestly was expecting a Lil more than that. This week was really rough!!! I fought cravings all day and night! The only meal i feel full is dinner. I also havent experienced the extra energy. I feel very fatigue. Im also finding it hard on my work days. Im a nurse and do 12 hour shifts, my break n lunch are not scheduled and go based on down time. I hope my post doesn't seem too negative....I need some motivation, encouragement, and hope....

Hang in there!
My first weigh in, also at 6 days, was 3.4 lbs. That is also the most I have EVER lost in a single week. But here I am, 21 weeks in and over 47 lbs down. Everyone loses at the pace that his/her body sets. Try not to compare or be disappointed.

I didn't get an energy surge either, but it did gradually get better. And, honestly, how energetic did you feel before you started?

Try using recipes, pureeing vegetables, larger salads. Lots of people on these boards split out the veggies and have them for snacks. Give the Walden Farms dressings a shot and have a salad when you are hungry. If you are starving at your break, then have your lunch then. Work days are going to be a challenge because you will be hungry when it isn't break, but I know you can do it if you really want to lose the weight.

Maybe your metabolism needs more than 6 days to fix itself.
Mine sure did.

You can do this!

MaggieD 03-28-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

2thick, 3 pounds down is a great SV (scale victory) and right in line with the average weekly loss of 3 to 4 lbs a week for women on IP. I know that for all your suffering, you want it to melt off fast, but instead you should be celebrating that you HAVE lost weight! You didn't put the extra weight on in just a week or 2, so your body is going to take a little time to let go of it.

The first week on IP is truly miserable, but it really does get better. I personally have never gotten the energy surge others talk about once in ketosis, but at least I'm not lethargic anymore and don't have the headches I did in the first 2 weeks.

I really encourage you to post in the Daily Chat thread. You will find lots of experienced IPers who will be able to provide all the encouragement and motivation on your weight loss journey. Keep with it! We're all behind you!

IPnewbee 03-28-2012 11:56 PM

1st day for me

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I joined the forums 2 days ago as prep, but today was my first day on IP. Seemed easy enough for day 1. I felt a bit hungry during the late afternoon hours, but had a cup of tea to kick the food cravings. Still a long ways to go, but taking it one day at a time.
I am happy I found this group - I love reading everyone's stories and suggestions - I know this is what I need to stay on plan and motivated!

2thick81 03-29-2012 01:07 AM

Thank you guys so much!!! It is truly amazing how words of encouragement from complete strangers can really get you going and back on track! I will continue this mental and physical battle! Thanks for the advice!!! Much love;)

ChaloJ 03-29-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

I had my first weigh in today, a day shy from the 1 weekday mark, and I am down only 3lbs. I honestly was expecting a Lil more than that. This week was really rough!!! I fought cravings all day and night! The only meal i feel full is dinner. I also havent experienced the extra energy. I feel very fatigue. Im also finding it hard on my work days. Im a nurse and do 12 hour shifts, my break n lunch are not scheduled and go based on down time. I hope my post doesn't seem too negative....I need some motivation, encouragement, and hope....

I just wanted to encourage you to be patient! I really think you'll feel better in a few days. I know most people talk about feeling crummy on day 3 or4, but I felt absolutely horrid on days 8-11. Just horrid. Then all of a sudden, the clouds cleared, the sun came out, and I felt marvelous with abundant energy. I suspect it waz harder longer for me because my sugar addiction was astronomical. Anyway, hang in there! You can do it and you will feel gooooooood.

My work keeps me hopping , too, so I've found that the drinks are the handiest for me to keep around-- so easy to mix one up really quickly and slurp it down!

Sewmam 03-29-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

hang in there! I didn't loose the predicted pds at first either - in fact, my whole first month was rough because I was still on metformin and didn't know I should stop it, so I was nauseated the whole time. Within a day of stopping it, I felt much better. I am so glad I didn't give up.

There's another thread that somebody just updated with 'day 4' in the title, with ladies who work crazy shifts - may have something to help you there. I have found that I really need to eat something every four hours or I get hypoglycemic, so if an actual meal is not possible, I took to having a container of soy puffs or IP chips handy and would munch on a few to tide me over. Not the whole bag, but just a little - it helped.

Good luck to you!