The Maintainers. Vol. 4

You're on Page 1 of 36
Go to
  • Alright ladies. It's was that time again!! Last thread reached over 560 posts!!
  • Seems like it was just yesterday when you started the other one. I didn't realize we were so chatty. Thanks!
  • JellyMae - Thanks for starting the new thread. I was wondering if Suzanne 3FC would shut us down.

Sunnymae, Gika & BigPassport - I have been following your reboots and you all really inspired me to do it. Thanks for posting your experiences. I find when I am struggling, I lurk but don't post. It helped to see that this can be done. I will continue to post more often.

Cap - Thanks for nudging me. I notice when you post my name and it makes me want to continue to be part of this group.

2ride - Where are you?

In an effort to keep myself from getting bored, I have tried a few new things this week. I took shredded chicken, mixed it with WF Blue Cheese Dressing and Frank's Buffalo sauce, heated it thru then mixed it into a salad. Excellent! I also tried a new vegetable today - Celeriac (Celery Root). Boiled it until soft, then pureed with garlic, a little EVOO & water. Better than cauliflower mash. I know people have posted these ideas before but I think it is important to try new foods, even (almost) a year after hitting maintenance.

I know some of you are using Superbowl Sunday as a free day. Anyone have any good On-Plan ideas?

Lynn
  • 1 Year Feb 6, oh what a year!
    A year ago this week I decided to do something about my weight. I hadn't weighed myself for at least 1 year if not more. At work an amazing man some of you may remember Couts, he was the ever shrinking man. I asked him HOW, I then found a clinic near my house and made an appointment and the rest was history. My first weigh in I was so ashamed of my weight I weighed in at 241. When asked what was my goal, I had thought hard about this and I didn't ever remember being 140 so that was my set date. I thought the food tasted a little weird but after a week I started really liking knowing exactly what I was eating every day. Loved that I could have chocolate and chips and puddings. What a diet... and that first week what a shock 11 lbs I was hooked... as the weeks continued it was 4 lbs here 3 lbs there and so down my weight went. I spent a lot of time on this website as it was so helpful having people there that were doing the same thing. As my first 25 lbs gone, the changes were amazing, my face was thinner I was looking for different clothing to wear. 50 lbs came and went decided I needed a new hair style there went the long hair in a ponytail, to shoulder lenght bob. Next 75 lbs there I celebrated with a tattoo of both my dogs' paws one on each calve, and the proceeds went to charity of a rescue organization. After that my weight lose slowed but I continued I wasn't giving up. I began to yo-yo one week I would gain weight the next I would lose, then I would gain and again lose. It seemed like I was in the 170s for ever.. finally I hit 165 and was so excited. There I struggled some more, it is a hard time when everyone is telling you that you look great you don't need to lose anything more. I knew that I looked okay but I still was set to my goal. Even my coach began to say maybe you shouldn't go any further still I persisted. I went through a bootcamp for a couple of weeks, then I did phase 2 for 10 days, still yo-yoing back to phase 1 and lost a little so back to phase 2 I went and then I went to phase 3. That is just a weird thing to eat fruit, yogurt and bread with butter or my case peanut butter. You get so full but know you are doing things properly. I finally lost in phase 3 I was so excited. We decided that I wasn't quite at my goal, but I would go into maintenance anyway. Nov 21 I went into maintenance weighing 146. 95 lbs lost in 10 months I was looking forward to what maintenance would provide and how I would handle it. They let you loose with a little advise about carbs and fats and they should never be together as two kids that always fight... and off you go.
    To celebrate my 95 lbs lost I donated 95 lbs of food to a food drive put on my a local radio station.
    Finally as a celebration my dear friend who is a photographer did a photo shoot for me, this being my late Dad's birthday so it couldn't have been a better day to celebrate life and knowing that I will be healthier.

Now you know how we say this diet is easy just strict? It is so true, I enjoyed a few "fun days" and was so afraid to gain weight I didn't totally do more than a extra snack after my first fun day... well long story short with Christmas and all I did gain weight I am at about 160 again and have decided that I would go on phase 1 again for a couple of weeks to reset my pancreas. I have to figure out what makes me gain weight... I know it is either bread, peanut butter or dairy. Probably the peanut butter as I LOVE peanut butter.
    All I want you all to remember that maintainence is hard but once you figure out what your body cannot tolerate you should be good... or like me go back to phase 1 to see if you can lose those lbs again.

Those who struggle and don't seem to make it a week without cheating or giving up, please please for your own good don't cheat it just sets you back. I didn't cheat until the end of my yo-yo cycle and it didn't help me at all. I have gone to potlucks, out for supper, to a funeral, through Christmas and through some sad times and a lot of good times and I am here to say This Diet works you just have to be ready to do it. The keys I found are drink your water and more, have a good support system, and don't worry about what others say or how much calories, how much carbs etc you are eating, you have time to worry about that when you get to maintenance. Set goals, big ones and little ones, and pamper yourself when you can.
    I want to thank all that have supported me here.
    My friends, Arti for giving me clothing from size 16 - 5, Leslie for not trying to get me to indulge when she did, Emma who started around the same time and was so nice to have someone to talk to. Tracey for the wonderful picture, Rene for the man that lead the way... and so many more that encouraged me along the way.

Now I am on a new leg of this journey/marathon I find myself looking back going wow I came a long way. I may never reach my goal but I made a promise to myself not to ever get that heavy ever again. I am enjoying life more. I started running with my Red Dog. This weekend was a goal long in coming, Red Dog Rebel got her Agility Trial Dog of Canada and I am so proud of her. It was a sad day though as 2 weeks ago I said goodbye to my first Agility Partner and furry Friend. I know that Jewel was barking and cheering us on as we competed today.
    Have a great weekend everyone and I hope this has encouraged those that need encouraging and just shows that this diet works and if you do start gaining weight you know how to lose. Keep up the good work all!
  • Looks like you are doing an awesome job! Keep losing and inspiring me!
  • 2Ride Thank you for taking the time to write down your story for us! You have done an amazing thing and with an amazing attitude! I LOVE that you gave 75 lbs of food to charity. I am going to do that and suggest that to my coach. And sorry to hear about the loss of your furry friend. I started the "2 week" reboot a week ago. I'm toying with the idea of extending it to try to get down to a new goal weight. Looking forward to rebooting with you!
  • 2Ride..That was a very inspiring post!
    What an accomplishment you have made from weighing 240 a year ago.
    Throughout it I hear the determination and strength in you that you will not go back to being overweight again. You have shown such perseverance throughout this last year..never giving up even when the program was not working..and you hit a yo-yo phase.
    I know you will figure out what makes you gain weight.
    The thanks go to you for being so supportive to everyone here in many posts.
    You have helped so many of us with your advice and encouragement. I always look forward to your posts.
    Keep up the excellent effort my friend. You inspire all of us!

I am so sorry about losing Jewel and agree he was encouraging you with Red Dog Rebel. Good performance.

Going on Phase 1 is an excellent idea! Have a very good day.
  • Quote: A year ago this week I decided to do something about my weight.
  • Hi Woolberger..I like your chicken idea. My on plan Super bowel was discovering that steamed clams are easy and yummy..plus I made low carb crab cakes..which quite honestly are not optimum..but Ok.
    Hope your reboot is going well. Trying out new recipes keeps me inspired also.
  • Happy anniversary Joanne! Job well done. So...have you been on a roller coaster yet?

I am so sad to hear about Jewel. She could not have had a better guardian than you. Congratulations to you and Red Dog. That sounds like so much fun. Have fun with the "New You".

Lynn
  • Quote: Hi Woolberger..I like your chicken idea. My on plan Super bowel was discovering that steamed clams are easy and yummy..plus I made low carb crab cakes..which quite honestly are not optimum..but Ok.
    Hope your reboot is going well. Trying out new recipes keeps me inspired also.
    Hi Maile,

I hadn't refreshed my screen when I wrote the above post so I didn't see your note. I had a lot of fun yesterday. Went to a friend's house to watch the game. I took the cheddar soy snacks for the salsa and I make chicken meatballs with the buffalo wing sauce & WF Blue Cheese.
    I'm not a clam person but I could go for some crab cakes!
    Have a great week.

Lynn
  • Quote: Alright ladies. It's was that time again!! Last thread reached over 560 posts!!
    Thanks for starting it!

Quote: 2Ride I started the "2 week" reboot a week ago. I'm toying with the idea of extending it to try to get down to a new goal weight. Looking forward to rebooting with you!
    Same here! So far I've decided to extend it at least one more week, and if there is a "decent loss" (something close to 1 lb) then I will continue a little longer, if not, then that will be a clear sign that my work out routine is not meant to be combined with IP and I will phase off. I really don't want to stop working out right now. Good luck with your decision.

Quote: JellyMae -
    In an effort to keep myself from getting bored, I have tried a few new things this week. I took shredded chicken, mixed it with WF Blue Cheese Dressing and Frank's Buffalo sauce, heated it thru then mixed it into a salad. Excellent! I also tried a new vegetable today - Celeriac (Celery Root). Boiled it until soft, then pureed with garlic, a little EVOO & water. Better than cauliflower mash. I know people have posted these ideas before but I think it is important to try new foods, even (almost) a year after hitting maintenance.

I know some of you are using Superbowl Sunday as a free day. Anyone have any good On-Plan ideas?

Lynn
    Good for you for keep trying new things in the kitchen, that is one department where I sorely lack creativity. Everyone's recipes here have been my saviors though. Hope you continue doing well on your reboot. If you don't mind me asking, do you plan on doing it until you reach a comfortable weight, or just enough time to get your pancreas reset?
  • Quote: A year ago this week I decided to do something about my weight. I hadn't weighed myself for at least 1 year if not more. At work an amazing man some of you may remember Couts, he was the ever shrinking man. I asked him HOW, I then found a clinic near my house and made an appointment and the rest was history. My first weigh in I was so ashamed of my weight I weighed in at 241. When asked what was my goal, I had thought hard about this and I didn't ever remember being 140 so that was my set date. I thought the food tasted a little weird but after a week I started really liking knowing exactly what I was eating every day. Loved that I could have chocolate and chips and puddings. What a diet... and that first week what a shock 11 lbs I was hooked... as the weeks continued it was 4 lbs here 3 lbs there and so down my weight went. I spent a lot of time on this website as it was so helpful having people there that were doing the same thing. As my first 25 lbs gone, the changes were amazing, my face was thinner I was looking for different clothing to wear. 50 lbs came and went decided I needed a new hair style there went the long hair in a ponytail, to shoulder lenght bob. Next 75 lbs there I celebrated with a tattoo of both my dogs' paws one on each calve, and the proceeds went to charity of a rescue organization. After that my weight lose slowed but I continued I wasn't giving up. I began to yo-yo one week I would gain weight the next I would lose, then I would gain and again lose. It seemed like I was in the 170s for ever.. finally I hit 165 and was so excited. There I struggled some more, it is a hard time when everyone is telling you that you look great you don't need to lose anything more. I knew that I looked okay but I still was set to my goal. Even my coach began to say maybe you shouldn't go any further still I persisted. I went through a bootcamp for a couple of weeks, then I did phase 2 for 10 days, still yo-yoing back to phase 1 and lost a little so back to phase 2 I went and then I went to phase 3. That is just a weird thing to eat fruit, yogurt and bread with butter or my case peanut butter. You get so full but know you are doing things properly. I finally lost in phase 3 I was so excited. We decided that I wasn't quite at my goal, but I would go into maintenance anyway. Nov 21 I went into maintenance weighing 146. 95 lbs lost in 10 months I was looking forward to what maintenance would provide and how I would handle it. They let you loose with a little advise about carbs and fats and they should never be together as two kids that always fight... and off you go.
    To celebrate my 95 lbs lost I donated 95 lbs of food to a food drive put on my a local radio station.
    Finally as a celebration my dear friend who is a photographer did a photo shoot for me, this being my late Dad's birthday so it couldn't have been a better day to celebrate life and knowing that I will be healthier.

Now you know how we say this diet is easy just strict? It is so true, I enjoyed a few "fun days" and was so afraid to gain weight I didn't totally do more than a extra snack after my first fun day... well long story short with Christmas and all I did gain weight I am at about 160 again and have decided that I would go on phase 1 again for a couple of weeks to reset my pancreas. I have to figure out what makes me gain weight... I know it is either bread, peanut butter or dairy. Probably the peanut butter as I LOVE peanut butter.
    All I want you all to remember that maintainence is hard but once you figure out what your body cannot tolerate you should be good... or like me go back to phase 1 to see if you can lose those lbs again.

Those who struggle and don't seem to make it a week without cheating or giving up, please please for your own good don't cheat it just sets you back. I didn't cheat until the end of my yo-yo cycle and it didn't help me at all. I have gone to potlucks, out for supper, to a funeral, through Christmas and through some sad times and a lot of good times and I am here to say This Diet works you just have to be ready to do it. The keys I found are drink your water and more, have a good support system, and don't worry about what others say or how much calories, how much carbs etc you are eating, you have time to worry about that when you get to maintenance. Set goals, big ones and little ones, and pamper yourself when you can.
    I want to thank all that have supported me here.
    My friends, Arti for giving me clothing from size 16 - 5, Leslie for not trying to get me to indulge when she did, Emma who started around the same time and was so nice to have someone to talk to. Tracey for the wonderful picture, Rene for the man that lead the way... and so many more that encouraged me along the way.

Now I am on a new leg of this journey/marathon I find myself looking back going wow I came a long way. I may never reach my goal but I made a promise to myself not to ever get that heavy ever again. I am enjoying life more. I started running with my Red Dog. This weekend was a goal long in coming, Red Dog Rebel got her Agility Trial Dog of Canada and I am so proud of her. It was a sad day though as 2 weeks ago I said goodbye to my first Agility Partner and furry Friend. I know that Jewel was barking and cheering us on as we competed today.
    Have a great weekend everyone and I hope this has encouraged those that need encouraging and just shows that this diet works and if you do start gaining weight you know how to lose. Keep up the good work all!
    Congratulations on your fantastic journey!

I've admired your persistence and ability to keep focused even in the midst of the obstacles you faced with your stalls. Have you had a physical lately? I think it might be a good idea to check your thyroid and cortisol levels.. they could be the culprits in slowing things down and making your gain weight quickly. Just a thought, though.
    Good luck on your continuing journey, I'm really glad you continue to share your experience with us.
  • Cap, I've taken IP packets in and out of Hawai'i and in and out of the country. Nobody has ever questioned them. And all my packets came to me via the USPS, in case you wanted to mail them to yourself at your hotel.
  • Quote: If you don't mind me asking, do you plan on doing it until you reach a comfortable weight, or just enough time to get your pancreas reset?
    I'm hoping to get back to 3 lbs below my goal where I was before. It might take a little longer...then 2 weeks of phase III.