Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Pxl- I never thought to do a Pure Protein in the aeroccino! Gonna have to try it I am desperately missing my lattes as there is no coffee allowed on the cleanse

I am totally digging the cleanse. It hasn't really been too bad at all because I am eating in-between P2 & P3 so it isn't anything that I am unfamiliar with, but it has really been a great mental boost. I finally feel like I have that "back in the game" mentality and am no longer picking and nibbling on every treat I see. And now that it is out of my system, I no longer want it. Halleluah! I feel like it gave me the boost I needed to get back on track from the holiday train wreck. I am still hanging out at 131.4, which is fine by me. Even if I don't lose another pound, I feel like it has been a success simply for helping me get back mentally.

So, I finally finished "Wheat Belly" over the weekend. It was a worthwhile read. Some parts were a little too scientific for me, but all in all, it confirmed to me what I had felt all along. And that was, wheat does bad things to me. Now, they encourage everybody to cut out wheat, but I don't think it has to go that far. I just know that I am one of those people adversly affected by grains. I have done my own little experiments and I know that I feel really crappy when I eat it. But that is me. I don't think it affects everyone though. But they really confirm what we already know, that carbs and sugar really are the enemy. And if you want to lose, you have to lose the carbs.

I know we have talked about it in the past, but another worthwhile read is "Eat right for your blood type". I kind of feel like the whole wheat thing and the blood type thing go hand in hand. It does seem to be that a lot of Type O people are more sensitive than others to wheat and grains. My husband is Type B and he has absolutely no issues with wheat or grains, which also coinsides with what ERFYBT says. For me, eating wheat, grains sugar just leads me to want to eat more. They definitely go into this in WB and it really resonated with me. Because if I can get it out of my system, I NEVER want it. As soon as I allow myself one small taste, forget about it. The cravings are back! I had been having granola / oatmeal for P3 bfast, but had to cut it out for the cleanse. As soon as the cleanse is over, I am going to see if this affects me as well. I hope not, because I LOVE fage & granola. But I will definitely need to do another experiment post cleanse.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #92  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
Cap The scale moved today! According to my coach's scale, I was down 6 lbs on the second week of reboot.
Awesome!!! So glad to hear it's paying off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
Well, I've had a few rough days lately, and today I finally completely sabotaged myself by eating off plan.
Glad you came here for support....we all struggle every day and that's why we're here. To support each other and keep each other motivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Where else could I turn where people actually understand me?? Please don't feel like you have to walk away ashamed if you go off track. We are here for precisely that reason?? .
Amen! Well said!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Well I finally saw 'my' number on the scale this morning. Almost a two pound drop from yesterday morning's weigh in. Went from top of weight range to low- middle and while it is ridiculous that it makes me so joyful I am so truly relieved to see it before we leave for Hawaii tomorrow morning.
Awesome!!! Hope you're having a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. The Advocare cleanse is going well. I am down to an all time low, 131.4, which puts me down 2.4# in 4 days. Not too shabby. I am basically following an eating plan that is inbetween P2 & P3. My energy is still really good and my workouts are better than they have ever been. I am thinking that getting to 125 is an attainable goal. I still have 20 days left, and 6# in that time seems do-able.
This sounds like a good plan! A girl at my daughter's daycare sells advocare. I might have to look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Pauley, my husband is a big time hunter. We make our own sausage out of a mixture of deer and pork. All season, my husband freezes certain parts of deer and when we have a good cold weekend, we make sausage. Friday night we start thawing the meat. Saturday morning, we grind, season, and stuff the sausage into casing. We have a smoke house where the sausage is smoked at about 170 degrees for 5-6 hours. We then let it hang overnight to cool completely and Sunday is spent vacuum sealing all of it. This past year we raised our own pork. We had a boucherie over Christmas and put up a lot of pork in the freezer. Raising hogs and making sausage is something my husband's family has always done. We're just trying to keep some cajun traditions alive for our kids and we both really enjoy it anyway.
Love Cajun traditions. I want to introduce my (18mo old) daughter to as many of them as possible. How cool!

As for my reboot, it's going fairly well. I was "hangry" for the first 3 or 4 days, but getting better now. Since Wed, I'm down almos 4lbs. That totally keeps me motivated and I'm ready to get the mommy apron off. Hope everyone is having a great Monday. We got snow last night, but the roads weren't bad this morning. I'm ready for it to get back to the 60's like it was a couple weeks ago!
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I just got a few new things from nashua... Here are the things I really like:
- Snackergy BBQ potato zippers.
- Healthsmart chocolate chip cookie
- Healthwise cheddar puffs (white cheddar flavor)
- Cheddar chips

Enjoy!! They are so much cheaper than IP, and some of these products were in silver packages with the SAME font as on the IP products.
Please tell..which ones were the same packaging?
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Pxl-So, I finally finished "Wheat Belly" over the weekend. It was a worthwhile read. Some parts were a little too scientific for me, but all in all, it confirmed to me what I had felt all along. And that was, wheat does bad things to me. Now, they encourage everybody to cut out wheat, but I don't think it has to go that far. I just know that I am one of those people adversly affected by grains. I have done my own little experiments and I know that I feel really crappy when I eat it. But that is me. I don't think it affects everyone though. But they really confirm what we already know, that carbs and sugar really are the enemy. And if you want to lose, you have to lose the carbs.
I agree with you on this. I have the same issues with wheat as you do. Instant weight gain and totally drains energy.
But both my adult daughter and elderly mother eat diets with lots of grains and have no weight issues. My daughter is a vegetarian. If I was one I know I'd gain a huge amount of weight.
It is best to really monitor what has an impact on your own body instead of overkill of the same things for everyone.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #95  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I'm almost 5'5, I think. I weigh between 158 and 162. I wear a size 8 comfortably, can squeeze into a size 6 after a couple of phase 1 days. Not really comfortably though, especially when I first put them on! Most of the 8's are Old Navy, Gap, Levis, and 1 pair of DKNY jeans. I bought a pair of jeans, size 8 from Sam's, I think the brand was Jones something. Those are too big now, but they did fit around Christmas time.
I am 5'5 as well and fit a size 8 at 160 have a couple 6's that I can wear but am pretty happy with a 8.

It has been a while since I have been on; life and work is getting in the way. As you all know I have been having issues with gaining... well something weird happened last week... I was on training and even though I ate healthy, I wasn't totally on Plan. I was doing a little phase 3 breakfast, just a bagel and peanut butter (of course) and cream cheese a couple of days... but here is where it was different, I also had the IP drinks for breakfast at about 7 then the bagel at around 10 and then lunch 12 which was usually a salad, then 3 out of the 4 nights I had a drink or two with supper, I did have a snack in the hotel at around 10 (akins snack bars) 2 of the nights and one night had a very bad snack of potato chips just a couple small handfuls. Before I left last week I was at 167.5 today I weighed in today and was 161. So am wondering what the heck... I was drinking lots of water but also lots of coffee, and a couple with sugar in it. and friday worked late and couldn't find anything at the mac store except a chicken wrap to eat, and some smoked almonds.
I felt totally horrible for being off diet so much I was worried about how much I had gained.
What do I do next? continue with with phase 1 or go to phase 3. Called into work today on my day off and had to cancel my appointment with my IP Coach. Was I in starvation mode or just not eating what my body needs right now? I too thing grains are not good for me either as when I started having toast for breakfast was when I started gaining.. funny thing is I am O- as well so I am thinking there is something with this.
Thank you all.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I am o- and I also don't find grains agree with me.
I feel like I might just have to stay in phase 1 forever...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #97  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Pxl- I never thought to do a Pure Protein in the aeroccino! Gonna have to try it I am desperately missing my lattes as there is no coffee allowed on the cleanse

I am totally digging the cleanse. It hasn't really been too bad at all because I am eating in-between P2 & P3 so it isn't anything that I am unfamiliar with, but it has really been a great mental boost. I finally feel like I have that "back in the game" mentality and am no longer picking and nibbling on every treat I see. And now that it is out of my system, I no longer want it. Halleluah! I feel like it gave me the boost I needed to get back on track from the holiday train wreck. I am still hanging out at 131.4, which is fine by me. Even if I don't lose another pound, I feel like it has been a success simply for helping me get back mentally.

So, I finally finished "Wheat Belly" over the weekend. It was a worthwhile read. Some parts were a little too scientific for me, but all in all, it confirmed to me what I had felt all along. And that was, wheat does bad things to me. Now, they encourage everybody to cut out wheat, but I don't think it has to go that far. I just know that I am one of those people adversly affected by grains. I have done my own little experiments and I know that I feel really crappy when I eat it. But that is me. I don't think it affects everyone though. But they really confirm what we already know, that carbs and sugar really are the enemy. And if you want to lose, you have to lose the carbs.

I know we have talked about it in the past, but another worthwhile read is "Eat right for your blood type". I kind of feel like the whole wheat thing and the blood type thing go hand in hand. It does seem to be that a lot of Type O people are more sensitive than others to wheat and grains. My husband is Type B and he has absolutely no issues with wheat or grains, which also coinsides with what ERFYBT says. For me, eating wheat, grains sugar just leads me to want to eat more. They definitely go into this in WB and it really resonated with me. Because if I can get it out of my system, I NEVER want it. As soon as I allow myself one small taste, forget about it. The cravings are back! I had been having granola / oatmeal for P3 bfast, but had to cut it out for the cleanse. As soon as the cleanse is over, I am going to see if this affects me as well. I hope not, because I LOVE fage & granola. But I will definitely need to do another experiment post cleanse.
Jennydoodle: I just finished Wheat belly also. I agree with him about the negative effect of wheat..and my husband is a wheat farmer no less. What I have trouble with is that he only wants tiny amounts of fruit..10 blueberries as he says it raises your blood sugar. I love my one cup of berries.
I will have to look for that other book.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #98  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I am 5'5 as well and fit a size 8 at 160 have a couple 6's that I can wear but am pretty happy with a 8.

It has been a while since I have been on; life and work is getting in the way. As you all know I have been having issues with gaining... well something weird happened last week... I was on training and even though I ate healthy, I wasn't totally on Plan. I was doing a little phase 3 breakfast, just a bagel and peanut butter (of course) and cream cheese a couple of days... but here is where it was different, I also had the IP drinks for breakfast at about 7 then the bagel at around 10 and then lunch 12 which was usually a salad, then 3 out of the 4 nights I had a drink or two with supper, I did have a snack in the hotel at around 10 (akins snack bars) 2 of the nights and one night had a very bad snack of potato chips just a couple small handfuls. Before I left last week I was at 167.5 today I weighed in today and was 161. So am wondering what the heck... I was drinking lots of water but also lots of coffee, and a couple with sugar in it. and friday worked late and couldn't find anything at the mac store except a chicken wrap to eat, and some smoked almonds.
I felt totally horrible for being off diet so much I was worried about how much I had gained.
What do I do next? continue with with phase 1 or go to phase 3. Called into work today on my day off and had to cancel my appointment with my IP Coach. Was I in starvation mode or just not eating what my body needs right now? I too thing grains are not good for me either as when I started having toast for breakfast was when I started gaining.. funny thing is I am O- as well so I am thinking there is something with this.
Thank you all.
That Wheat belly really convinced me. Of course when you read that the gluten in wheat causes a higher blood sugar spike than sugar, you certainly pay attention.
No matter how you did it, I am glad you lost weight! Good for you.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #99  
Maile

Pixle: Thanks for that information for Nashua. I will include them in my next order. Of course now I am going to see if my Nashua and low carb products have wheat in them. If they do, I only have wheat once a day.

Pauley..I hope you are out of your Valentine coma and feeling better. I am sure your husband and I will be surrounded by V day parties and sugar.

Cajunlady..Glad that your reboot is going well. I am up a pound and trying to get it back down.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #100  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:

No coffee??!@?!@? Wow. That is brave. I have to read Wheat Belly now. What do they say about sprouted grained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
Please tell..which ones were the same packaging?
Proti-thin sea salt and vinegar soy snacks
Snackergy BBQ zippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Before I left last week I was at 167.5 today I weighed in today and was 161. So am wondering what the heck... I was drinking lots of water but also lots of coffee, and a couple with sugar in it. and friday worked late and couldn't find anything at the mac store except a chicken wrap to eat, and some smoked almonds.
Wait. You lost?? I'm confused. Go to phase 3 if you lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Pixle: Thanks for that information for Nashua. I will include them in my next order. Of course now I am going to see if my Nashua and low carb products have wheat in them. If they do, I only have wheat once a day.
You are most welcome.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #101  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Pxlkitty - yep I was pretty shocked myself... of course not where I want to be but I will get there eventually.. I ordered last night from Nashua as well and got the bbq zippers, hopefully they are good as you say they are. Also ordered oatmeal as I have found I miss that for breakfast. I also like their mochoccino drink mix so going to try that as well.
I am thinking the key for me is having little meals throughout the day, I mean I was doing that but not as many, maybe that is the drink have 4 or 5 small meals, and having soup for supper is something I have been doing a lot.

Have a great day all.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
No coffee??!@?!@? Wow. That is brave. I have to read Wheat Belly now. What do they say about sprouted grained?
ALL grains = B.A.D.

Yes, no coffee But only for the first 10 days. I am actually doing better than I thought I would.

By the way, I am also blood type O (+).

2Ride- Get yourself on P3, pronto! It seems like your body does better with a little more carbs vs. a little less. I think you said you were also blood type O, if so, try doing P3 without wheat and see what happens. I usually have eggs, apple w/ peanut butter and fage w/granola as a wheat free b-fast.

On day 7 of my cleanse and still feeling really good. Still hanging around at 131.4, which is good. After day 10, I am going to take my measurements and BF, so hopefully there will be some good news to report
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

2Ride What a nice surprise to see weight loss on a business trip! Are you at your goal weight now? Or are you thinking you will continue to lose on P3?

Pxl Thanks for the info on Nashua Nutrition. I wonder about IP's claim that they use super high quality protein in their foods which distinguishes them from other brands. Part of me thinks it's just marketing, but part of me kind of believes it. There IS something magic about IP.

Jenny So what are your thoughts now about carbs and sugar once you are done with Advocare? Are you planning to maintain on Phase 4? Cheat days? Are you really thinking about never eating sugar?

Update on my reboot (two and a half weeks on P1 now)--I am down to 137.4, which is my normal post-weight loss P4 maintenance weight. Happy Valentines Day to me! My all time low on IP last summer was 134, so since I am in the P1 groove, I think I'll try to get back down to that. I am struggling with what my diet will be in P4. One thought is to find my carb tolerance in grams per day a la Dr. Atkins. Another thought is to just trust that P4 works and follow it. But even when doing P4 last time--although it worked--I struggled with how much carbs to have. For example, muffins (I'd much rather have a muffin than pasta or potato or rice). I can make fat free muffins to separate carbs from fat as instructed on P4, but should I also make them lower carb with Splenda? In other words, even if I am separating carbs and fat, should I still make an effort to reduce my carbs as much as possible? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #104  
Maile

Lee. Congrats on reaching 137. You are doing well. I would go with the lowest possble carb version and use splenda. ..Of course I have just infused myself with the wheat belly and How we get fat books which are pushing low carb.

Happy V Day everyone.

My husband and I are foregoing our celebration..No chamapgane tonight..sigh..He is up 2 lbs and I have not lost my one pound up! I already have received too many chocolates at school and the kids aren't even here!

Last edited by Maile; 02-14-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #105  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Just wanted to add my two cents to the "Eat Right for your Blood Type" theroy (I meant to do this a while back)

I am an A negative....one of the rarer blood types. I read the book many years ago. Basically stating that I would fair well on a vegetarian diet of soy proteins, grains and vegetables. The description of me was dead on. I attempted to incorporate more soy into my diet and eliminated red meat all together. My hair started falling out by the handfuls and I gained weight. This was before I knew of my thyroid condition. I stopped soy, my weight stabilized and over time, I thick hair returned. I am very, very sensitive to carbs and dairy creates way too much muscus in my body.

Confused? Me too.....story of my life! I have had two physicians tell me that "I'm a special recipe" and I'm the only one who will be able to figure out those ingredients.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote