Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I had a great day today. Saw the scale moving downward again this morning. I am so happy to have found IP.

Question- how supportive are your coaches? Do they send you emails or do you only talk to them when you weigh in? I was hoping that my coach was a texter or emailer to keep in touch and motivated but she does not text, and she only checks her email once per day. I wish I could get on these boards at work but cannot. Just curious what others experiences have been with their coaches.
I text my coach ALL the time! And she always gets back to me as soon as she can. She has a young child so she doesn't like talking on the phone - which I am perfectly okay with! I've bonded really well with her, I can see us becoming good friends throughout my journey with her.

Maybe your coach can be more easily reached on the phone?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

Quick question: How does everyone get their oil in? I use it for cooking, but I read somewhere on here that it doesn't count if you are using it in cooking. Is that true?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #123  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone, WI #4 for me and I am down another 3lbs.

Yayy me !

I am looking to buy a digital scale. Does anyone have any advice on what kind I should get?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme685 View Post
I text my coach ALL the time! And she always gets back to me as soon as she can. She has a young child so she doesn't like talking on the phone - which I am perfectly okay with! I've bonded really well with her, I can see us becoming good friends throughout my journey with her.

Maybe your coach can be more easily reached on the phone?

Good point. I am just not a big phone talker....LOL! Plus, during the day I am so busy it is tough to talk on the phone. I think if I really needed her I could call her. I will need to fit my style to hers so I can get the support I need. I wish she texted! :-)
Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Quote:
Quick question: How does everyone get their oil in? I use it for cooking, but I read somewhere on here that it doesn't count if you are using it in cooking. Is that true?
I just use it during cooking. Should we be getting in more oil?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
i tried it the other night.. i took a picture of it, enjoyed smelling it and watching it cook...then put a buffalo chicken breast on the bread for a "chicken sandwhich" for dinner and was really really disappointed. i didnt like it at all. i doctored it up and everything.. it was no good for me

well..,. i just got back from my WI and i'm a happy girl. after a few weeks of very slow losses, i was down 3.6 lbs !! i never deviated from the program, even if i was discouraged for a second. i knew this would happen. i'm still in the 150s (which has felt like forever) but honestly i'm so close to seeing 14.... i can't believe it. i havent been in the 140s since freshman or sophmore year of HS. It's a mere 2 pounds away...

i also bought some food. sadly, they only had one packet of blueberry pudding mix until next week, so i'm going to make the blueberry muffins.. i hope i don't LOVE them because i won't want to wait. lol
i was pleasantly surprised to see that my clinic was already carrying the brand new mashed potatoes!! i'm eating them as i type and they are good!!! dont even need anything added! i had my salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs ready but one taste a shake of pepper and i'm in heaven. TRY THEM for sure oh and as an extra bonus...they are UNresticted!! what an awesome day its been!
Are the potatoes more soupy or creamy?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Happy Birthday!! And great job on the NSV's! Always remember that the little things in life add up and count the most in the end
Happy birthday! How long you been OP? 13 lbs gone is awesome!
Old 02-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #128  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello my IP friends. Congrats on so many wonderful weigh-ins, really inspiring each and every one of you omgzitsmiranda - love the picture quotes, thanks for posting.

I'm personally having a terrible day. My scale is not budging and it has me in a panic. Maybe this isn't going to work for me afterall, maybe I have to get used to being the fat me forever, maybe I'm just not meant to succeed etc. I don't mean to sound whiny, I just could really use the encouragement of the scale going down, I feel stuck at the moment. Any words of advice?

On a slightly brighter note, I was able to get a ticker today which really did brighten my mood a little. Thank goodness for this forum.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 324/316/150

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! I am Shalista, 32 years old, mom of four. I have a busy portrait studio and I just started IP. I have been reading here for a week or so, but I am officially on day 3. It hasn't been too bad so far. I am just having trouble with staying on schedule and getting my salt in. I am at 324 so my coach gave me two extra packets and I have not been able to finish them any of the days.

I hope it works, I have tried everything else!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #130  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Good Morning,
This am on my scales I have broken the 200 mark!!! I actually have on a Large sweater today instead of Xl or XXL. so excited for Saturday and my offical weigh in.
So exciting! You make me smile, I love happy moments!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #131  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Hello my IP friends. Congrats on so many wonderful weigh-ins, really inspiring each and every one of you omgzitsmiranda - love the picture quotes, thanks for posting.

I'm personally having a terrible day. My scale is not budging and it has me in a panic. Maybe this isn't going to work for me afterall, maybe I have to get used to being the fat me forever, maybe I'm just not meant to succeed etc. I don't mean to sound whiny, I just could really use the encouragement of the scale going down, I feel stuck at the moment. Any words of advice?

On a slightly brighter note, I was able to get a ticker today which really did brighten my mood a little. Thank goodness for this forum.
you're welcome about the photo I thought they both fit really well <3.

Also, keep your head up about the diet. How often are you weighing yourself? Once a day? week? How have your other weigh-ins been? You will sometimes have a lower week, then a WHOOSH. I've only been on this 1 day longer than you, but don't give in! You CAN do this! If you only lose 0 this week, then so be it; but that just means next week will be AWESOME!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Thanks Pat that is good to know as I was planning to have that as my replacement - much cheaper. Have you tried the "ICE" drink from Costco, it is made by Rain and I heard it was also ok 0/0/0

Maybe I'm just having a fat day
People have mentioned this several times, I always think I'll look for it and then forget. I seem to live in Costco!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #133  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
you're welcome about the photo I thought they both fit really well <3.

Also, keep your head up about the diet. How often are you weighing yourself? Once a day? week? How have your other weigh-ins been? You will sometimes have a lower week, then a WHOOSH. I've only been on this 1 day longer than you, but don't give in! You CAN do this! If you only lose 0 this week, then so be it; but that just means next week will be AWESOME!
I am unfortunately being a slave to the scale, weighing many times a day. I need to stop that. My first weigh in was -4.6lbs, my second -4.2lbs, and my third was an embarrassing 0.2lb loss. So 9lbs in three weeks. I go early for my next weigh in (Saturday instead of Monday) and with the way the scale has been, I'm going to have another disappointing week. I don't know if stress is affecting my loss all the sudden or what. I have been struggling with the big C, so that may also be a factor. I guess I feel I started well and don't know what the heck is happening right now. I'm trying to keep my chin up, but I want this so bad, its so hard to think of failing.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
I am unfortunately being a slave to the scale, weighing many times a day. I need to stop that. My first weigh in was -4.6lbs, my second -4.2lbs, and my third was an embarrassing 0.2lb loss. So 9lbs in three weeks. I go early for my next weigh in (Saturday instead of Monday) and with the way the scale has been, I'm going to have another disappointing week. I don't know if stress is affecting my loss all the sudden or what. I have been struggling with the big C, so that may also be a factor. I guess I feel I started well and don't know what the heck is happening right now. I'm trying to keep my chin up, but I want this so bad, its so hard to think of failing.
Ok don't mean to yell here, but PUT YOUR SCALE AWAY GIRL! Just weigh yourself once a week, seriously, just DO IT. REALLY....go do it now....did you do it? No? GO DO IT! You're doing awesome, your weight fluctuates throughout the day - you are making yourself crazy over this. You're doing fantastic!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

9 pounds in less than a month is great.

Stop weighing. Trust that ip will work for you. Be prepared to average out some weeks. You may lose inches and not pounds.

Drink your water! The losses will come.
Closed Thread