3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Anyone else suffer from irritability the first week? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/252006-anyone-else-suffer-irritability-first-week.html)

Porthardygurl 02-01-2012 04:16 PM

Anyone else suffer from irritability the first week?

RAWRRRRRR!!! Thats how i feel right now...Its like.. every little tiny thing today is making me frustrated:mad: I know its totally not me cause im generally really happy and i still feel great but the only thing is that i feel really irritable and im thinking its cause its day 2 and im coming down from the carb withdrawls...At least i still physically feel good..

Anyone else feel like theyre gonna bite something or someone?

SaraBean 02-01-2012 04:23 PM

I felt horrible the first week. I wanted to just punch everything.

Keep at it :) You will feel better in a few days!

Mom3LoveBugs 02-01-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraBean (Post 4199343)
I felt horrible the first week. I wanted to just punch everything.

Keep at it :) You will feel better in a few days!

ditto for me but I can still get that way if I go too long between eating.... the wicked witch comes out! :o

Porthardygurl 02-01-2012 04:30 PM

hmmm..maybe thats what it is? Im waiting for my hunny to come home for his lunch break and its been a bit longer than normal that ive been waiting..perhaps im just hungry and my stomach hasnt told me yet but my head knows??

LadyDi2010 02-01-2012 04:39 PM

my first week i had a co-worker write me a sticky note that said, You are forgiven for speaking words out of hunger not anger.... it was only then i realized i was being a total brat...

it gets better, promise

MaMaZu 02-01-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4199349)
ditto for me but I can still get that way if I go too long between eating.... the wicked witch comes out! :o

Oh my dinner had better be ready by 5:30 or things aren't too pretty around my home! LOL

Mom3LoveBugs 02-01-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4199374)
Oh my dinner had better be ready by 5:30 or things aren't too pretty around my home! LOL

lol.... same for me! between 4 and 6 pm is my witching hours! ;)

itshammertime23 02-02-2012 01:38 AM

Yay Im not the only one! I thought something was wrong with me lol. Moody, nauseous, and what I wouldnt give to just have a little sugar.

Porthardygurl 02-02-2012 02:26 PM

I hear ya...im glad to see im not in this boat alone...

purple sky 02-03-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4199782)
lol.... same for me! between 4 and 6 pm is my witching hours! ;)

OMG...that's me. After 4 I am useless and then I am okay later on. I try not to run errands then or do anything much. Just prepare dinner.

My grumpies lasted a while. It was worst the first week or two but I think it lasted a month for me with the worst of it being in the afternoon. Anything triggered it, being out, house a mess, hunger. Anything. Super irritable. It was frustrating because I would think I would be having a good day and wham out of nowhere it just came out. I don't think our bodies like us depriving it of so many carbs and it starts to yell at us. At least that is my excuse/theory. And sometimes my emotions are just off. Uneven. I might be more reactive or more emotional than a situation calls for.

Ylanthe 02-03-2012 05:42 PM

Me too, me too! I am SUPER grumpy if I don't get fed regularly and if I'm even the slightest bit hungry, fast food starts to sound good...I eat egg whites & lettuce because my coach said they weren't restricted and they help. I feel bad for my husband though...it's all worth it in the long run though, right? We can do it!!

ipsbest4me 02-03-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4199374)

LOL MaMaZu....that's EXACTLY the way it is at my house!