3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/31/11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251860-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-1-31-11-a.html)

sandralosingweight 01-31-2012 07:47 AM

Good morning everyone,

Hope everybody will be having a better day than mine: bronchitis + antibiotics that give me diarrhea + TOM = fun fun fun :(

NavyMommy 01-31-2012 07:59 AM

Good morning!!

Congrats on the WI this morning!!

Sandra - Hope you're feeling better soon!! Antibiotics are nasty stuff! My son is just finishing up a round and poor little man has been miserable with diaper rash. Are you taking a probiotic? That tends to help your stomach bounce back faster.

I'm up bright and early with a busy busy 2 days ahead of me. I looked at my planner and just saw solid ink. Sometimes I wish I could clone myself for a little while and be in two places at once. I'm going to be on the run that's for sure!! I just ordered a month of IP / Alternative hybrids :) I can't wait to get them in, I'm going to wait until Monday and stick with only alternatives until then so I can see if it affects my numbers. Going to be hard though, I LOVE my Raspberry Jelly!

Oh, and for any other Keurig users out there, the Golden French Toast is wonderful!! I just got mine in yesterday and had a cup for breakfast. Yum!! I'm also a big fan of the Wild Mountain Blueberry (even though it sounds strange IMO), but don't waste your time on the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. Something about it, maybe the overly artificial raspberry taste overwhelms the whole thing. Anyone else have a favorite flavor I need to try?

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!

ipsbest4me 01-31-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4196790)
Good morning everyone,

Hope everybody will be having a better day than mine: bronchitis + antibiotics that give me diarrhea + TOM = fun fun fun :(

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day here in central Alberta and I'm very excited for my first WI today.

sandralosingweight, you might want to consider taking a probiotic while on the antibiotic (2 hours apart). It may help with the diarrhea. Sounds like you're having a miserable time and hope you feel better very soon.

pegv 01-31-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilmink (Post 4196627)
It's not yet Tuesday where I live, but I didn't want to get lost in the tail end of a thread :)

Today I had the most interesting conversation with my "coach". Another week of 100% OP and a 1.5lb loss, which is a record high for me. She even read through my food journal and gave me a 100%. She said there really wasn't much we could do to speed things up. But sometimes when she moves people to phase 2 they start losing faster. So even though I'm only starting my 5th week, I'm now on phase 2!?! We are going to try it for 2 weeks and see if it shakes things up. So no more omelet packet, but 2 eggs instead AND now unlimited salad is ok, whereas before it was 2 cups of my veggie allotment. I'm mostly excited about lettuce (as previously mentioned, I love, love, love my veggies and find 2 cups of lettuce per day not to be nearly enough to eat or to move things along, if you know what I mean. I live in California and we have the BEST fresh veggies here! Nom nom nom!)

She said that sometimes people who are moving all day and expending a lot of energy need the extra 100 or so calories and that maybe I'm currently on the edge of starvation mode. But the 4th packet was always advised against?? Very interesting. I'm pretty psyched and optimistic and thrilled that I'm saving $30 per week if this really works!

Fingers crossed!

My coach started me on the Novi-Cleanse to see if this will increase my weight loss. I also have a slow weight loss but at least it is a loss! Good luck going to phase 2. My problem is being able to eat all of the veggies and salads on the diet but I make myself eat it. I have never been a salad lover, so this was new to me. I bought some Olive Oil with Garlic and put this in my salad, it made a big difference and was able to go down much easier.

sandralosingweight 01-31-2012 08:16 AM

Hello,

Yes I am taking a probiotic, luckily my mom had a box of probiotics that she gave to me.

The cough is bothering me a lot and still ever muscle is hurting me, but I think I should be fine soon.

Luckily, all this did not affect my being 100% OP.

MustangMolly 01-31-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegv (Post 4196816)
My coach started me on the Novi-Cleanse to see if this will increase my weight loss. I also have a slow weight loss but at least it is a loss! Good luck going to phase 2. My problem is being able to eat all of the veggies and salads on the diet but I make myself eat it. I have never been a salad lover, so this was new to me. I bought some Olive Oil with Garlic and put this in my salad, it made a big difference and was able to go down much easier.

Just my opinion here and we all know about opinions! LOL....anyway, I don't think putting you on Novi-cleanse to increase your weight loss is good plan management. Please correct me if I am wrong...but isn't the novi-cleanse like a laxative? Once you eliminate all the waste in your bowels you will slowly start to add back that weight as it is not normal to completely evacauate your bowels on a regular basis. I think a good cleanse once in a while is good, but if that is what your coach is relying upon to generate your weight loss I would be a bit wary. Again, just my opinion.

On a side note: for those of you struggling with the big C, epsom salts is a great laxative. It is inexpensive and you don't need to take much.

parislady40 01-31-2012 08:35 AM

Good Morning all!! I am totally a newbie. My daughter started IP last year and she looks and feels amazing!! She is my incentive right there. I have 40 pounds to lose. I am doing this because I just have to feel healthy again. I do see so many people that say that this is unhealthy for whatever reason. Certainly being overweight with all the health issues, seen and unseen, is not healthy either. As I said, I have been watching my daughter. I am super excited. I am just getting started on 3fatchicks, so any suggestions as to where to go thread wise on a daily basis, will be appreciated!!

pegv 01-31-2012 08:37 AM

The coach said after 4 weeks of being on the program, you are advised in doing this cleanse. I don't have any problems with constipation. This is 3 different bottles, 1 each for your kidneys, liver and colon. Has anyone else done this Nova Cleanse ?

mtnsun4 01-31-2012 08:40 AM

Good morning all! Feeling good this morning.....saw the scale move a tiny bit this morning so I know things are now starting to move this week. Trying not to be psycho about the scale.

Also looking forward to my lunch time walk with a co-worker. She came to my office yesterday and said, "are you counting calories"? I said I was doing something for my weight loss and she said "well, you want to walk with me at lunch?" I was so happy to be asked, because now I have a lunch walking buddy!

Have a great day everyone!

Ishbel 01-31-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4196840)
Hello,

Yes I am taking a probiotic, luckily my mom had a box of probiotics that she gave to me.

The cough is bothering me a lot and still ever muscle is hurting me, but I think I should be fine soon.

Luckily, all this did not affect my being 100% OP.

Sandra, I'm so PROUD of you sticking to it, it says a lot about your determination! I'm sending you 'get better' thoughts!!

:hug:

New Englander 01-31-2012 08:48 AM

I am heading to a retirement event (i.e. party at a pub) today and am so excited to put on my smaller clothes! I won't care that I can't' have drinks or apps (or even the yellow cake, with better cream frosting and strawberries...mmmmmm)...I'll have all that in the near future...just not today!!!

New Englander 01-31-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegv (Post 4196865)
The coach said after 4 weeks of being on the program, you are advised in doing this cleanse. I don't have any problems with constipation. This is 3 different bottles, 1 each for your kidneys, liver and colon. Has anyone else done this Nova Cleanse ?

Do a search for the cleanse under IP. There is a wealth of information. I'm not doing it. It's costly. My clinic only recommends it as a solution to the big C and Novi Lax worked for me... When I read through the threads on here about it it says ppl break out ('cause it's cleaning your system)...If you have the extra fazools I say go for it! :)

sandralosingweight 01-31-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4196871)
Sandra, I'm so PROUD of you sticking to it, it says a lot about your determination! I'm sending you 'get better' thoughts!!

:hug:

Oh :) I can't tell you how much your enouragement is making an impact on my determination! I know it might sound as blah blah to some hearing me saying this, but I swear if it wasn't for the help I got in here, maybe I would have never gotten back to restart this program, cause believe me it is super duper hard no matters how much I wanted it. And this is why my advice to all newbies in here: don't ever cheat, it is just not worth it, I'm talking from experience in here.

sekc14 01-31-2012 09:08 AM

Does anyone know the Ideal Program Alternative plan for diabetics? The IP plan that includes carbs nad keeps you from being in ketosis? I'm wondering what kind of weekly weight loss is expected? My coach said that if I want to start a significant exercise program that I could switch to Ideal Protein Plan 2. Is anyone familiar with it? Feedback? Opinions?

rissimo 01-31-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sekc14 (Post 4196916)
Does anyone know the Ideal Program Alternative plan for diabetics? The IP plan that includes carbs nad keeps you from being in ketosis? I'm wondering what kind of weekly weight loss is expected? My coach said that if I want to start a significant exercise program that I could switch to Ideal Protein Plan 2. Is anyone familiar with it? Feedback? Opinions?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-phases-4.html

The first post, these are what my husband is using