Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Hi everyone, I had a very exciting weigh in on Saturday. I lost 8.2 lbs in 2 wks! A total of 14.8 since Jan 2. woo hoo!
I forgot to ask my coach though if Edamame is allowed. I absolutely love it and i've been eating it like crazy. Does anyone know if its allowed? Have a great day everyone.
Sorry. No edamame
Old 01-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 260/245/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
The doctor's verdict: bronchitis, I was relieved since when he sent me to do an xray for my chest, he said he wanted to make sure it wasn't pneumonia, so, I am glad it is not. He gave me antibiotics and order me to stay in bed for 3 days.
Glad you got meds and Dr advice. Take care!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #48  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Sorry. No edamame
I have read somewhere that its allowed, some people who are vegetarian's have it while OP.

WOOHOO!!!!!....just found out Week 4 Biggest Loser:

wuv2bloved (-6.0 lbs, 2.23 %
Old 01-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Why can we not use things like soy flour? A lot of the IP products are made with soy flour or soy products, yet we aren't allowed to use them to make things on our own. I don't understand~
Old 01-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #50  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I had a great WI today. Down another 4.8 pounds!!!! This diet rocks! My coach is very impressed by my rate of loss and complemented me on keeping a positive attitude when I had a small loss a couple of weeks ago.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I had a great WI today. Down another 4.8 pounds!!!! This diet rocks! My coach is very impressed by my rate of loss and complemented me on keeping a positive attitude when I had a small loss a couple of weeks ago.
How exciting!!! WAY TO GO!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #52  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post
Trying not to get down. I started IP on 9/12/11 and besides the first week when I lost ALOT of weight I have very consistently lost 3 pounds a week (which I am THRILLED with!) I have had an occassional week with 4 and an occassional week with 2, but it has overall been a steady 3 per week. My WI is tomorrow and I am only down 1 pound this week. Hopefully there will be a little woosh by tomorrow, but it's very odd to me, to not have lost my typical 3 or at least 2. Hoping for some inches at least! Because I have been so consistent I have never experienced the ups and downs in weight loss like many of you have. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going crazy with being upset, just have a slight concern that my predictable losses are about to stop.
You started about a week before I did and you are doing fantastic. There have been a few weeks now that I have only lost a pound, but then usually the next week I have a good weight loss. I think we will find the longer we are on IP and the closer we get to goal, the more varied our weight loss will be each week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I am so PISSED!
It's one thing to make fun of me for something I'm doing or just me in general; but I get REALLY defensive over my husband because of everything he's been through.

I took him to Subway for lunch [his favorite] because he's just having a bad day in general and not feeling so hot. I asked him if he wanted to go through the drive-thru & he said no that he wanted to go in. Well he went in and I sat out in the car because my stomach was hurting, soo...

These guys were in there at a table by the window and were just staring him down and then they were looking straight at him the whole time just like DYING laughing and like pointing and stuff..... Matt said he was so confused as to what was SO funny? I'm just kind of confused. I asked him if maybe he had tiqqed [he has Tourettes Syndrome] and said something "funny"? And he said maybe, but he doesn't really pick up on it like someone like me would pick up on him tiqqing. So I don't know if that's what happened or what..

He was wearing Marvel pajama pants at the time because he didn't feel like changing into regular pants, so I just let him be. Maybe that was it? He said they watched him get out of the car, go into Subway and the WHOLE time he was in line, so he's pretty sure he wasn't imagining things. He thinks maybe he knew them but he's not sure..?

I know it probably sounds ridiculous to most people that I would be mad, but I just get SO worked up over him. He's been through SO much and SO many people have made fun of him for Tourettes through the years, so this just flew ALL over me.

He didn't tell me until we had left or I would've marched my butt back in there! Soooo mad!
Sadly people can be very ignorant, mean and just plain stupid. Sorry both you and your husband had to deal with that today.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #53  
I Started IP October 11th

S/C/G: 199/178/130

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post

Way to Go! Thats fantastic! Keep it Girl
Old 01-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post

I know it probably sounds ridiculous to most people that I would be mad, but I just get SO worked up over him. He's been through SO much and SO many people have made fun of him for Tourettes through the years, so this just flew ALL over me.

He didn't tell me until we had left or I would've marched my butt back in there! Soooo mad!

Ooooo I hear you! My 14 yo DS has Tourettes and it's been a rough go. When he was little it was really really hard to see people's reactions Hope you feel better now (after some time has passed)
Old 01-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I don't see how edamame would fit

A 155 g serving has 8g fat, 17 g protein and 16 g carbs for 190 calories...

It doesn't seem like it would be a veggie or a meat. I could possibly see using it as a restricted item, but I expect most ip coaches would say no.

Last year when I started ip the consensus was no edamame.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #56  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
Why can we not use things like soy flour? A lot of the IP products are made with soy flour or soy products, yet we aren't allowed to use them to make things on our own. I don't understand~
What would you be using it for, and I'm assuming you mean the low fat soy flour?

1 T or 6 grams probably wouldn't hurt a LOT but one cup, as in baking something, would be horrendous. 1 Y has 2.1 g carbs; 1 C has 30.7 g carbs.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #57  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Yay, I got my weight tracker!

Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #58  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Hey Guys and Gals

Hope your having a amazing OP IP Monday!!!

Day 5 for me and I more or less feel back to normal! No headaches, No weak feeling, and not hungry - a colleague even gave me some hungarian candy this am, and i took it (not to be rude) and placed it in my draw and forgotten about it!! Normally i would have eaten it in a heartbeat, then asked for seconds!

Have my first official WI tomorrow, 6 days rather than 7 though, and fingers crossed for a good result!!!

Cheers/S...

Last edited by AussieonIP; 01-30-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieonIP View Post
Hey Guys and Gals

Hope your having a amazing OP IP Monday!!!

Day 5 for me and I more or less feel back to normal! No headaches, No weak feeling, and not hungry - a colleague even gave me some hungarian candy this am, and i took it (not to be rude) and placed it in my draw and forgotten about it!! Normally i would have eaten it in a heartbeat, then asked for seconds!

Have my first official WI tomorrow, 6 days rather than 7 though, and fingers crossed for a good result!!!

Cheers/S...
Store the candy for safekeeping until phase 4 or give it away...I have a yummy box of chocolates I got for Xmas and can't wait to dig into it at the right time!!! Can't wait to you come back and post your WI! Good luck!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #60  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Store the candy for safekeeping until phase 4 or give it away...I have a yummy box of chocolates I got for Xmas and can't wait to dig into it at the right time!!! Can't wait to you come back and post your WI! Good luck!!!
It was totally un-me, the old me would have dived straight in, but I looked at it, and put it away!

Think its the combo of cost of program, having a coach, this forum, and seeing the pounds drop out so quickly that keep me keen for the program

Cheers/S...
Closed Thread