Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
The doctor's verdict: bronchitis, I was relieved since when he sent me to do an xray for my chest, he said he wanted to make sure it wasn't pneumonia, so, I am glad it is not. He gave me antibiotics and order me to stay in bed for 3 days.
Feel better soon... {{hugs}}
Old 01-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post
Trying not to get down. I started IP on 9/12/11 and besides the first week when I lost ALOT of weight I have very consistently lost 3 pounds a week (which I am THRILLED with!) I have had an occassional week with 4 and an occassional week with 2, but it has overall been a steady 3 per week. My WI is tomorrow and I am only down 1 pound this week. Hopefully there will be a little woosh by tomorrow, but it's very odd to me, to not have lost my typical 3 or at least 2. Hoping for some inches at least! Because I have been so consistent I have never experienced the ups and downs in weight loss like many of you have. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going crazy with being upset, just have a slight concern that my predictable losses are about to stop.
Don't worry! Just keep up with the IP protocol regardless of stalls... They happen to many of us and just keep plugging away...there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you'll reach it!!!

And PS you've been doing fabulous!!!

Last edited by New Englander; 01-30-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: add PS!!! :)
Old 01-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #33  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Getting sicker and sicker, as I am typing this, I am waiting at the doctor's clinicto see what he'd give me, maybe some antibiotics. Last night I had a fever of 40 degrees C, so I was burning up.

All I feel like doing is sleep and sleep some more, all my muscles are aching.

All this and I am happy yo report that I am still 100% OP.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 208/202/170

Height: 5'8

I am on day 7, but started like I am on Phase 2 (due to money)...a few days I have had to do 3 packets tho. When does the increased energy start for most?
I am already tired of the same food every day, and there is only a handful of the IP items I can handle (not digging texture of puddings). I need to try new receipes that are on here, but all the counting overwhelms me. TOM is right around the corner for me, so not sure how my first weigh in will be impacted by that. Just hoping to get thru another week, and be past the cravings...headaches..fatigue. Thanks for being here all!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #35  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post

I also tried the cauliflower bread sticks. My dh and I were impressed, although I expect they would be even better with cheese! I could see using it as a pizza crust...or thin bread.
I'm sorry. I totally missed these and couldn't find them in a search. Do you remember where you saw the recipe?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #36  
Birdie

S/C/G: 155/150.5/125

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like you all are doing great! Sandra, I hope you are feeling better after starting the antibiotic--3 days in bed, wow! What a luxury. But three days in a row of daytime TV is enough to make you get out of bed-or should I say run out of bed!

I have lost a few pounds over the weekend-now weigh 150 1/2! Will stay OP. It is easier during the week. Weekends present all kinds of delicious temptations. I will check the recipes--might be easier if I had more variety. And I will surely look up the Sxinny Mist--sounds like what I need for my sweet tooth.

Everyone, good luck with your WIs, and have a good IP day!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #37  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Default Edamame?

Hi everyone, I had a very exciting weigh in on Saturday. I lost 8.2 lbs in 2 wks! A total of 14.8 since Jan 2. woo hoo!
I forgot to ask my coach though if Edamame is allowed. I absolutely love it and i've been eating it like crazy. Does anyone know if its allowed? Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #38  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

I am so PISSED!
It's one thing to make fun of me for something I'm doing or just me in general; but I get REALLY defensive over my husband because of everything he's been through.

I took him to Subway for lunch [his favorite] because he's just having a bad day in general and not feeling so hot. I asked him if he wanted to go through the drive-thru & he said no that he wanted to go in. Well he went in and I sat out in the car because my stomach was hurting, soo...

These guys were in there at a table by the window and were just staring him down and then they were looking straight at him the whole time just like DYING laughing and like pointing and stuff..... Matt said he was so confused as to what was SO funny? I'm just kind of confused. I asked him if maybe he had tiqqed [he has Tourettes Syndrome] and said something "funny"? And he said maybe, but he doesn't really pick up on it like someone like me would pick up on him tiqqing. So I don't know if that's what happened or what..

He was wearing Marvel pajama pants at the time because he didn't feel like changing into regular pants, so I just let him be. Maybe that was it? He said they watched him get out of the car, go into Subway and the WHOLE time he was in line, so he's pretty sure he wasn't imagining things. He thinks maybe he knew them but he's not sure..?

I know it probably sounds ridiculous to most people that I would be mad, but I just get SO worked up over him. He's been through SO much and SO many people have made fun of him for Tourettes through the years, so this just flew ALL over me.

He didn't tell me until we had left or I would've marched my butt back in there! Soooo mad!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #39  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I am so PISSED!
It's one thing to make fun of me for something I'm doing or just me in general; but I get REALLY defensive over my husband because of everything he's been through.

I took him to Subway for lunch [his favorite] because he's just having a bad day in general and not feeling so hot. I asked him if he wanted to go through the drive-thru & he said no that he wanted to go in. Well he went in and I sat out in the car because my stomach was hurting, soo...

These guys were in there at a table by the window and were just staring him down and then they were looking straight at him the whole time just like DYING laughing and like pointing and stuff..... Matt said he was so confused as to what was SO funny? I'm just kind of confused. I asked him if maybe he had tiqqed [he has Tourettes Syndrome] and said something "funny"? And he said maybe, but he doesn't really pick up on it like someone like me would pick up on him tiqqing. So I don't know if that's what happened or what..

He was wearing Marvel pajama pants at the time because he didn't feel like changing into regular pants, so I just let him be. Maybe that was it? He said they watched him get out of the car, go into Subway and the WHOLE time he was in line, so he's pretty sure he wasn't imagining things. He thinks maybe he knew them but he's not sure..?

I know it probably sounds ridiculous to most people that I would be mad, but I just get SO worked up over him. He's been through SO much and SO many people have made fun of him for Tourettes through the years, so this just flew ALL over me.

He didn't tell me until we had left or I would've marched my butt back in there! Soooo mad!
Some people are just crude like that. Take a breath Miranda, You have been through a lot lately. You are a very strong woman! I know Matt adores you and is thankful for what you have and will continue to do for him
Old 01-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I am so PISSED!

Sorry you had to deal with that...I have one word... KARMA! What goes around comes around and those jerks will get what they deserve! Be well and keep your head high!!! {{BIG HUG}} (to both you and your hubby!)
Old 01-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Type cauliflower in the recipes #3 thread. They are called cauliflower breadsticks.

They were an interesting change...
Old 01-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #42  
IP Start date 1/2/12

S/C/G: 212/197/150

Height: 5'3"

another 2lbs gone.. but i have a terrible cold this week. Not feeling so well
Old 01-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlygirl72 View Post
another 2lbs gone.. but i have a terrible cold this week. Not feeling so well
Well I hope you feel better soon...cold can be annoying! And congrats on your weight loss!!! Way to go!!! Keep it up chickie!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

So, after all my griping last night about how my weekend was so terrible. I weighed myself this morning and was down 1.4 lbs. woohoo good enough for me! the wrong thing i did was weigh myself at 10pm at night ... sooooo needless to say I guess I'm okay after the terrible weekend with food i had. haha

congrats on everyone's losses!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #45  
Started IP 10/13/11

HERE IT IS.......

Cauliflower Breadsticks (MamaGrubbsgrum)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/2 head of cauliflower grated
1 egg and 1 egg white beaten
(her recipe has 1/2 cup cheese I omitted)
I added 1/2 cup grated onion
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon Italian spices
3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 350

Mix together, pour onto a baking sheet that was covered with parchment paper and sprayed with olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes (or a little dried out and firm I ended up cooking it for around 60 min.) then take out and flip it carefully over with a spatula, put back in oven for 10 minutes.
cut in slices.

I really enjoyed this with kale salad. or you could have it with salad dressings or a dip of course Walden Farms

Enjoy
Closed Thread