Old 02-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #1  

Default advice-my coach would not have a clue if i asked

I am coming here to ask for words of encouragement and advice.
I did IP two weeks before Christmas and lost nine pounds.
I ended up stopping because of the way I was feeling.
I have heart palpitations from time to time, but on this diet started having them severe.
It was extremely scary. I began to research and knowing a good bit because I am nurse, I found very low Carb diets can do this. I found others including a doctor who also have had problems like this on low Cal diets. I decided week to try again this past week. This has been a horrible week. I have been so hungry even drinking an extra shake to the point I was not even myself just sick. I have tried to fight it. I have got to lose weight for NY health. I am very discouraged. My coach weighs a Buck o five and has never done the diet. Her mom did. They have the clinic. She had not had any one phase out or learned everything yet. She is sweet but completely no medical knowledge. So I really go buy products and chat she is no support. I want to do this, I need advice. Has anyone here had this happen or know anyone? Also how to I keep from being so sick on this diet from feeling I am not getting enough
khtsmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

From Dr. Tran's book

- If you’ve recently had a cardiovascular incident, do not go
on an overly strict diet of any kind.
- The main hazard of protein diets is a potassium deficiency,
which can be harmful to your heart. That’s why you need
blood work and monitoring by a nutritionist.

Being a nurse and having done the research, are you sure this is the plan for you? Can you switch to a coach who is more knowledgeable? Have you consulted a doctor? Until you find some answers, please do not risk your health!
Survalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Agree with Survalia.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

I would present the plan to your doc.
Are you taking any meds - thyroid, blood sugar, blood pressure?
Are you taking the supps the plan calls for?
Have you been to your doc for a full physical lately? Blood work - the whole 9 yards? You may want to start there.
IP is NOT the last plan or only plan that works - everyone is different. This isn't the only way to lose the weight. Do not give up! You may just need another plan.

Keep us posted!
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Like Lakewood I would take the whole plan to your doctor to talk it over with them. There may be a safe way for you to do this, or there might be another plan out there that would be better for you. Personally while being overweight is a risk, there are enough diets out there that you should be able to find something to help you without risking your health in other ways. Good luck and keep us posted!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #6  

I am on BP Med and thyroid meds.
like u girls I am sure I am depressed about the weight. I need to loose at least fifty but really about sixty five. I have tried it all. I am so discouraged. Did u guys get extremely hungry and sick first week
Old 02-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #7  

I'm not a dr. & have no medical training, so I can only tell you about my experiences... when I first started IP, sometimes when I went to bed & all was still & quiet, I'd feel what I first interpreted as heart flutters... scared me to death!.. but I did a little research & discovered what I was feeling was really contractions of my esophagus, & since what I was feeling was in the general area of my heart, I only thought it was my heart doing flip-flops... I still don't know why the esophagus would do such a thing or what the connection to IP might be, but what I did discover through further research was that a couple of aloe vera gelcaps a day should relieve the flutters... they worked for me, & I can always expect to have flutters if I don't take the aloe vera for about a week...

I am not saying this is what you're experiencing... only that it might not be as bad as you're thinking... still, the best thing for you to do is see your dr. to rule out anything serious...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #8  

Aunt Sheshie
I am on BP Med and thyroid meds. It started when I hit ketosis. If I would walk outsude IR even sitting it was like my heart would completely stop and two second later with a jolt start back. The moment I ate carbs I felt better. I cheated and ate a real fattening Carb filled meal. I am going to try again Tom to start back. Was it hard for you at first? I feel weak I am so hungry. The first time I did this it was not as bad. I am just wondering if you do truly stop feeling nauseated and so sick after awhile.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I too really question if this is the plan for you with your medical issues. Actually from the quote above it would seem Dr. tran would question that too.
You really need to go through the whole plan with your doctor.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Default Stop

If you are on BP meds, you need to STOP the plan and go to your doctor TOMORROW. I know you're depressed. The weight is temporary. You CAN lose it - but you have MEDICAL issues that need immediate attention.

You're getting 'extremely hungry and sick, weak, nauseated and your heart jolts back with a start.' These are NOT normal things to feel on a diet. These are serious events. Go to the doctor.

Eat a normal meal of lean protein, veggies and if you need it, a starch until you can get to the doc.
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #11  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I'm not a dr. & have no medical training, so I can only tell you about my experiences... when I first started IP, sometimes when I went to bed & all was still & quiet, I'd feel what I first interpreted as heart flutters... scared me to death!.. but I did a little research & discovered what I was feeling was really contractions of my esophagus, & since what I was feeling was in the general area of my heart, I only thought it was my heart doing flip-flops... I still don't know why the esophagus would do such a thing or what the connection to IP might be, but what I did discover through further research was that a couple of aloe vera gelcaps a day should relieve the flutters... they worked for me, & I can always expect to have flutters if I don't take the aloe vera for about a week...

I am not saying this is what you're experiencing... only that it might not be as bad as you're thinking... still, the best thing for you to do is see your dr. to rule out anything serious...

hugs
I had that. Drives me crazy. Used to be really bad and I could not sleep at night. I, too, went online and it seemed to be related to something called GERD. Docs did not find anything. Ran EKG's, stress test, etc. It got better over time and I tried to decrease richer or spicier foods but it appeared to kick back in right after I started IP. It's not as bad as it was but it is still there and drives me crazy. All that thumping.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #12  

Talked to coach. She said make sure u take 1/2 of ur salt like ur suppose to and all vitamins. She thinks fir two or so weeks I should do alternative. Had anyone done that. To me it looks similiar to eating clean and I did it for eight weeks with no loss before. I am sure u could do it. Also on it u don't take potassium pill or salt. I wonder if there are others on here doing that.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

khtsmi, you are not listening to the really good advice you have been given here. See a doctor and get a doctors approval before continuing with this diet.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
khtsmi, you are not listening to the really good advice you have been given here. See a doctor and get a doctors approval before continuing with this diet.
DITTO!!
mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #15  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khtsmi View Post
Aunt Sheshie
I am on BP Med and thyroid meds. It started when I hit ketosis. If I would walk outsude IR even sitting it was like my heart would completely stop and two second later with a jolt start back. The moment I ate carbs I felt better. I cheated and ate a real fattening Carb filled meal. I am going to try again Tom to start back. Was it hard for you at first? I feel weak I am so hungry. The first time I did this it was not as bad. I am just wondering if you do truly stop feeling nauseated and so sick after awhile.
Sounds like you need more carbs. This diet only provides 50g or less of carbs. It is very, very low. Like others have suggested, what you think about an alternative diet after you see your Dr. and have some tests run. There is the normal feeling like crap once you first start this diet but it goes away.

There is something that feels like a heart flubber that Aunt Sheshie and I seem to have but it's not serious. No issues with my EKG's or stress tests, more of an annoyance to me but in the past it has raised my pulse quite a bit.

Can you eat more carbs until you get a work up at least just to rule out anything. It sounds like you are used to the palpatations every body is different and yours may not respond well to a super low carbs. I know we don't know each other but I suspect many of us will worry until we hear how you are doing.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote