Old 04-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #316  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Well, I'm back! It has been 1 month short of 2 years that I lost 45 lbs on Ideal Protein and now I think I have gained about 15 back! Over what? It's just food. I am extremely disappointed in myself. But then I think in reality I would have gained it back way sooner than this, and all of the 45 lbs, on any other plan. I truly believe in IP and am starting again to get back down to my maintenance weight. I also have been so busy that working out has taken a back seat and I can tell I am not as toned as before.

So it is good to see a lot of familiar faces and know that I am not the only one that is struggling (misery loves company) My son is graduating from high school on May 27th. That is my goal to get back down to 160!!
carlasherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #317  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Well, I'm back! It has been 1 month short of 2 years that I lost 45 lbs on Ideal Protein and now I think I have gained about 15 back! Over what? It's just food. I am extremely disappointed in myself. But then I think in reality I would have gained it back way sooner than this, and all of the 45 lbs, on any other plan. I truly believe in IP and am starting again to get back down to my maintenance weight. I also have been so busy that working out has taken a back seat and I can tell I am not as toned as before.

So it is good to see a lot of familiar faces and know that I am not the only one that is struggling (misery loves company) My son is graduating from high school on May 27th. That is my goal to get back down to 160!!
Welcome back old friend. I am here with you...I am up about 10 pounds from my maintenance weight (160) and then I want to lose another 10 pounds. Hoping to get to 150 by Mid-June. I have been 100% for 5 days today. "Losingforgood" is with me...we IM. I will have her check in here too. I am very committed to seeing this through. Memorial Day weekend is one year in maintanence for me. The diet is hardly as challenging as maintenance.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Wow! So many new posts!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Pat... Have you seen BellaMack lately!! I was curious how she was doing...
Hi Jelly & patns,

I sure miss you all. I am back from Ireland and need to take off some weight. Starting tomorrow I am on phase I, I really dread the headache for the first week, but after that I will sail along, I just know it! You Look Awesome Jelly, unbelievable how well you and Lisa have done.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
hi guys, i'm having a hard time/ getting slightly discouraged. i've been on a restart for about 5 weeks now. i lost 13 lbs in the first 3 weeks, but nothing in the last 2. actually, that's not completely true... a couple of days last week i was at 147, which would have made it 16 lbs, but my weight keeps going back to 150 and staying there. i'm not doing anything different, and i am sticking to phase 1 very closely. i thought this would be a lot easier and that i would at least be 144 by now. i don't remember having 2 weeks where i basically lose no weight the first time i did IP. any suggestions for what i can do to push through this plateau? boot camp doesn't work for me, but i don't eat restricteds every day anyhow.

thanks ladies!
Hey you, long time, no see. Hope all is well with you, I am restarting myself and dreading the first week. I was a slow loser, but just stayed the course, our bodies can be funky at times. So good to see you back here, I haven't been on much at all, but promised myself to get on for at least 15 mins. each day.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hi Jelly & patns,

I sure miss you all. I am back from Ireland and need to take off some weight. Starting tomorrow I am on phase I, I really dread the headache for the first week, but after that I will sail along, I just know it! You Look Awesome Jelly, unbelievable how well you and Lisa have done.

Horray!!!! So good to "see" you. i hope you enjoyed your trip. I hate the headaches of the first week too. I hope it goes well for you.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #322  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Reboot for me tomorrow. Fell off the wagon big time and feel absolutely awful. I can't seem to get back on and stay on. I'm sending myself some WILLPOWER and some to those who are restarting also.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #323  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Reboot for me tomorrow. Fell off the wagon big time and feel absolutely awful. I can't seem to get back on and stay on. I'm sending myself some WILLPOWER and some to those who are restarting also.
Today is day 8 of phase 1 (no cheats) and down less than one pound. I am frustrated, but I did golf four times last week (walk and carry my clubs), yoga three times last week, and walked every day 2 miles....all this was a new routine (except the walking). Hoping this is a better week
Old 04-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #324  

It is frustrating to do phase 1 and not lose, but it will work! I have had no loss weeks, but my body continues to shrink...it feels so good to lose the water weight!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #325  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
It is frustrating to do phase 1 and not lose, but it will work! I have had no loss weeks, but my body continues to shrink...it feels so good to lose the water weight!
I am def smaller than last week. Hoping to see the scale drop this week. Tightening up with leaner cuts...sticking to fish/chicken
Old 04-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #326  

I really find the more fat I eat the better I lose, but we are all different!
Moderation is my weak point...if I could forgo the wine...
Old 04-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #327  
Second time around

I know that if I can make it through a whole week without a cheat, I can do this. The first week is the hardest for sure. I'm not going to get on the scale anymore at home. I reward myself if I see a loss and want to throw in the towel when I see a gain. So I guess I will just go by the way my clothes fit. I have myself against a wall and want to be in the 150's, hopefully 155 by June 5th. It's possible but I have to say no to myself whenever I feel like cheating. So the scale is going out into the garage and I'm not getting on the scale until June 5th. I really want a nice surprise on that date. Sucking down the water today to flush out all those bad things I consumed over the weekend. Man....why did I do that to myself? Still not feeling the best and slept like crap. I'm also terrible about skipping a meal. No wonder I'm not losing. Plus I forget to add the olive oil. That might just help out too.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #328  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I see the doctor tomorrow which means I should be back on track Thursday or Friday. I'm ready for it though I wonder if the people around me are prepared for me to be so anal!

IOWA, stay strong and remember the scale is just a number.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #329  
Second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I see the doctor tomorrow which means I should be back on track Thursday or Friday. I'm ready for it though I wonder if the people around me are prepared for me to be so anal!

IOWA, stay strong and remember the scale is just a number.
My husband is already asking where all the goodies are. Gone! I'm staying strong even though I have a headache already....my, that was fast. Wishing you good luck when you start back up and we'll be waiting here for ya.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #330  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

So, I got my stuff and I'm planning on starting tomorrow, but I'm wondering if I will regret it because it sounds like I'll be having knee surgery in a couple of weeks. The good news is I won't have to worry about exercising too much! I think I'm just going to go for it and see if I can knock off some pounds!
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote