Old 02-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #61  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Thanks for all the words of encouragement - I really needed it! I've found my new mantra to live by: IF YOU ARE TIRED OF STARTING OVER - STOP GIVING UP!
How PERFECT! I must commit this one to memory! We begin (again) day 1 tomorrow. Tonight we celebrate my DH passing yet another checkride. He asked me to wait... and I think I'm on day 1 of the flu. No fever yet but boy is the feeling in my head and body yucky! Let's see if I can get a mantra for this... I'll never have to do day 1 of this flu over again! Lame but then I don't feel good. LOL!
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #62  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Thanks for all the words of encouragement - I really needed it! I've found my new mantra to live by: IF YOU ARE TIRED OF STARTING OVER - STOP GIVING UP!
love your new Mantra. it is so appropriate, hope you don't mind me borrowing it. I would like to print it out in large print, and put it up where I can see it to remind myself of this. Thanks!!
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #63  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
How PERFECT! I must commit this one to memory! We begin (again) day 1 tomorrow. Tonight we celebrate my DH passing yet another checkride. He asked me to wait... and I think I'm on day 1 of the flu. No fever yet but boy is the feeling in my head and body yucky! Let's see if I can get a mantra for this... I'll never have to do day 1 of this flu over again! Lame but then I don't feel good. LOL!
Hope you feel better soon, there sure is some bad flu going around here. Some couples both sick at same time. Hope it stays clear of my house. Take care!!
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #64  

I've spent a good part of today re-reading some of the stickies, especially the FAQs & Tips for Newbies... those are the threads I lived by when I first started IP protocol... lots of good info from some of the folks who were here way back then -- jordanna, showgirlaz, Rocky Monarch, WannabeIP, novak, I'm svelting, BevS, so many others whom I miss nowadays, plus our dear Linden!.. just as they were my inspirations then, so too are all you wonderful IP friends now... thanks so much for being here...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 237/204/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I've spent a good part of today re-reading some of the stickies, especially the FAQs & Tips for Newbies... those are the threads I lived by when I first started IP protocol... lots of good info from some of the folks who were here way back then -- jordanna, showgirlaz, Rocky Monarch, WannabeIP, novak, I'm svelting, BevS, so many others whom I miss nowadays, plus our dear Linden!.. just as they were my inspirations then, so too are all you wonderful IP friends now... thanks so much for being here...

hugs
I love your rules for life! I'm going to have to steal those and print them out! thanks for sharing that, and you look great!
Day 3 of OP for me, doing great so far and YAY! the scale seems to be going in the right direction so far, even resisted the M&M's my son wanted to share with me. One kudo for me!
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words, it's so inspiring to know others are having similar struggles and to see your progress.
This website is such a blessing, I learn so much and I too have been going back over the stickies and old posts that I lived by previously.
I am struggling right now with the headaches and I just feel so tired, I remember though that this happened to me before and by the end of the week I was feeling like I was shot out of a cannon with new energy, cant wait

does anyone know of any good apps for your phone that works well with IP?

I have been using a low carb one for now and mainly just using the reminder to eat, which is a big thing for me because I never remember to eat when I'm supposed to.The reminder has helped me a ton.
ShrinkinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #66  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

I have a question! I have read these posts, not because I am restarting but just because I like to read all the encouraging words everyone has to say, it reminds me that there is good everywhere and good people everywhere too. (Sorry if that is corny, its the truth!) BUT, my question is about what I am reading in this "boot camp" thing. I have had a very tough week with my TOM and getting the 'depo' shot and saw a .1lbs gain. I realize this very well could have a lot to do with water retention but I don't want to take any chances! (I didn't cheat so I don't really know what chances I would be taking, but ALL THE SAME) Now, to sum up all my ramblings and actually get to my question! Boot Camp- is this okay to do for a week every month or two? Just to jump start your body? Also, I will be quite busy and traveling back and forth for a few days and not cooking a meal could really be a life saver! So are you guys say I could have 2 RTD, 1 Pina Colada, 1 Wildberry Yogurt, 2 cups cucumbers, 2 cups of celery and all of my water for a few days and not mess anything up? not have a drastic or even slight gain the next few days when I reintroduce more food into my diet? Should I slowly introduce food? Ah, so many questions about this, but it had VERY MUCH peaked my interest, even if not for now, but for the future! Any advice, input, direction anything would be very welcomed! And good job guys! You are all so inspiring!
ICanLoseItThisTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime View Post
I have a question! I have read these posts, not because I am restarting but just because I like to read all the encouraging words everyone has to say, it reminds me that there is good everywhere and good people everywhere too. (Sorry if that is corny, its the truth!) BUT, my question is about what I am reading in this "boot camp" thing. I have had a very tough week with my TOM and getting the 'depo' shot and saw a .1lbs gain. I realize this very well could have a lot to do with water retention but I don't want to take any chances! (I didn't cheat so I don't really know what chances I would be taking, but ALL THE SAME) Now, to sum up all my ramblings and actually get to my question! Boot Camp- is this okay to do for a week every month or two? Just to jump start your body? Also, I will be quite busy and traveling back and forth for a few days and not cooking a meal could really be a life saver! So are you guys say I could have 2 RTD, 1 Pina Colada, 1 Wildberry Yogurt, 2 cups cucumbers, 2 cups of celery and all of my water for a few days and not mess anything up? not have a drastic or even slight gain the next few days when I reintroduce more food into my diet? Should I slowly introduce food? Ah, so many questions about this, but it had VERY MUCH peaked my interest, even if not for now, but for the future! Any advice, input, direction anything would be very welcomed! And good job guys! You are all so inspiring!
I really don't know much about "boot camp" but my best guess is that when you are ready to add back in "other food" it will actually be the lean protein so as long as it is in the right amount and not full of fat it should be ok to go back to having the meat at dinner without any bad effects.
Mkssweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #68  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkssweetie View Post
I really don't know much about "boot camp" but my best guess is that when you are ready to add back in "other food" it will actually be the lean protein so as long as it is in the right amount and not full of fat it should be ok to go back to having the meat at dinner without any bad effects.
You have helped me twice today! I eat a lot of fish which is usually pretty lean low fat and high protein, so maybe this would work out okay? I am not sure that I will do it, I would like feedback from someone who has done it and see what happened. Just the idea of mixing things up, "tricking" your body or helping things, well appeals to me x100! And thank you for the insight
ICanLoseItThisTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #69  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:

from what I have read on the boards there are 2 different kinds of boot camps.

1) follow plan accordingly eating all veggies, oil, supplements + 3 protein packs BUT do not use any restricted items

2) follow plan accordingly eating all veggies, oil, supplements + 4 to 5 protein packs BUT do not have no animal protein at all (should only be done for 4-5 days)

Linden is who kindly gave me this information so maybe she can chime in if I have incorrectly responded.

I hope this helps!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
There is really no need to do a boot camp while you are still in the early weeks of phase 1. Follow the protocol exactly. It has been very carefully researched and does not need adjustments. You will have steady losses, just some weeks a bit lower some a bit higher. The rate of loss slow down for some people when they get close to goal and some may want to try this.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #71  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Started over 1/27.

I am back on the wagon with you all! I started on my birthday - as a gift to myself.

This forum was very helpful in my first round. Thanks in advance for being here!
in4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #72  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello,

After 1 week of 100% OP, I lost 6 pounds.

I would really love to know how much LaLiBe lost.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #73  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello,

After 1 week of 100% OP, I lost 6 pounds.

I would really love to know how much LaLiBe lost.

great job Sandra! that is the same amount I lost in my 1st week after re-starting.
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #74  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Whooo Hoooo! Congratulations!
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I wish my restart had such great losses. I have been back op for a month and have lost 8 pounds. Not too bad, but slower than I would have hoped.

At least all the puffiness has gone away!

Over the month I have found that fattier meat and restricted items have actually helped my losses. I do exercise a lot, so maybe it just helps keep me going...

Turnip does not seem to be my friend...I am always up after eating it.

Also, I occasionally use pure protein bars instead of ip, but the sugar alcohols are definitely not agreeing with me. I am eliminating any and all for a while!

I am hoping the last 6 pounds (which might become 11 if I decide to try for 140) won't take forever, but since my hubby is going to be on phase 1 for a while I guess I might as well too!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote