Old 01-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #16  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
not sure I can pull through and win but I would sure love to... the $880.00 prize would be nice to spend.

I am going to not have any restricted items this week and maybe will try bootcamp next week. I need every pound I can get!
Do it! Do it! And if you don't boy will you have given it a run for the money. But I hope you can do it.

I wish Pat would chime in here, about mixing it up. I really agree with what she said about (in my words) having lean and fat days. Not alternating from day to day, but mixing it up. I wish I could be more specific, but I'm just starting to experiment. When I first did Phase 1 I never had a restricted and followed the plan but with only the 2 non-soy products. Boring. Sorry, I think I'm rambling. It's late and my cold is worse. Nasty.

Iowa, thanks so much for coming up with the new name (as well as the old one). This is good.

I think we're all pretty strong people at the core. I know the fashionable use of the word core is central physical strength. And I know I need that; and I'll bet I'm not alone. But I mean the real, inner core. Like The Maintainer's thread, this one has developed some intrinsic power. NOW, d--m it, let's not let it overwhelm us, OK?

Last edited by Linden; 01-29-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
When alcoholics are in recovery part of their journey includes helping others with their recovery. That's what we get from each other... by trying to offer support to others we keep ourselves honest. Sorry for rambling, I just want you all to know that what you write here means something. Thanks
I can so relate to that! I got a lot of negative feedback about my comments on the 100% /no cheating thread. I had issues with the concept of 100% because it implys one mis-step and we are dead in the water. But as you say we are recovering addictive eaters here and really need to monitor carefully what is happening when we eat certain things to our own bodies. We also have to have some awareness that not everyone is identical on how our bodies react to certain foods.

As in regard to the oil question. I really was so excited to discover I have lost better after I added the krill oil. I now take the krill oil tablet, and also measure out my olive oil carefully and use it in my salad dressing. I had gotten down to extremely low amounts of fat in my protein choices and I noticed it was consistantly after I had eaten out that I had a drop in weight.
I realized I was asking for oil and vinegar on my salad and was also ordering steak.

As for the boot camp concept, that is really interesting and I will be watching what happens with you Sara. That large amount of money certainly gives you a focus to stay on the stricter plan.
I'm like Sandra, the high point of my day is when I have my restricted snack.
There was a newsletter that came out from my former clinic that I will see if I can copy.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Wow I did it! I have somehow lost the edit section on my tool bar along with spellcheck. The loss of those two things is driving me nuts.
I'm not sure if there is copyright issues with copying what someone sends out in an email but would think not so I'll put it here.
The last part I didn't get copied in the first place. It was just about giving yourself non food treats along the way.

Sara, I'm not posting this in response to the boot camp. I would give it a shot if I were you, the competition really gives motivation to have a quick loss. But when it comes to giving up the restrictive, better you than me! I hope you do well in the contest.

Are your goals realistic or setting you up to fail?
Turns out, it's not the occasional extra package of food that does in our weight loss efforts. It's the universal wish to lose a lot of weight ASAP and the expectation that we can simply diet it away easily.
Weight control experts call it the false-hope syndrome -- when dieters have unrealistic expectations about exactly how long it will take to shed excess pounds. You won't lose 5-7 lbs every week you are on program, as much as you'd like too!
Unfortunately, research shows that unrealistic expectations boost the risk of dropping out of a weight loss program. And though at least one study has found that dieters may temporarily eat less if their expectations are too high, that undereating may be replaced by overeating at the very next temptation. Make sure you have your restricted package every day it will keep you from cheating or falling off program in the long run. You might lose a little slower but you have a much higher success rate in the long run if you enjoy your treat every day.
Overall, experts concur, unrealistic weight loss objectives are not productive, and can trigger failure. The best way to go: smaller, realistic goals.
The question is: How do you set realistic weight loss goals?
Resolve to lose slowly: Don't expect that every week is going to be like the first. Two to three pounds a week is a great attainable goal on Ideal Protein, so be happy when you release any weight!
Set short term goals: Reach for mini-milestones. Instead of focusing on losing 50 lbs which might seem overwhelming, focus on 5 or 10 lb amounts. 5 or 10 lbs is always attainable, and they will eventually add up to more.
Track your progress: Record your successes in a way that works for you. Take advantage of online programs, use a notebook, or keep a journal. Whatever keeps you on track.
Take pictures: Take a face, full body and profile picture at the beginning of your journey and monthly or as you hit your mini-milestones; compare your photos to see how far you've come.

Think about long-term goals: It's okay to think big and know where you want to end up, it will help keep you on track to know where you're headed but don't let it overwhelm you. Take it one day at a time.

Reward yourself

Last edited by patns; 01-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #19  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Can anyone tell me what are the lowest carb veggies out there? I have been tracking what I eat and it is very hard for me to stay on or below 30 carbs a day. That is without having a restricted item.

thanks!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #20  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I had a good weekend. I actually ordered a new laptop which means that my already busy week will be busier preparing to transfer files and move some furniture, but I'm excited about it. Also, my daughter's future mother-in-law is coming to visit us on Saturday which means I'll lose that day for school--and the three papers I need to write, but I'm really happy she's coming to visit. All this probably means I should be doing some planning and making sure I know what I'm eating so I'm not tempted to be bad when life gets busy. I know I'm best when I'm busy so I'm just praying for strength to stay focused on what needs to be done.

If you aren't already doing so, it would be a great time for all of us to do some planning and make sure we can all be good this week!
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #21  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Day 3 OP!!! I'm finally not bloated, the headache is gone, and I'm in ketosis! Now I just need to keep going...
TatiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #22  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Can anyone tell me what are the lowest carb veggies out there? I have been tracking what I eat and it is very hard for me to stay on or below 30 carbs a day. That is without having a restricted item.

thanks!
each of these are for 1 cup: cucumber has 3 carbs & 1 Fiber, cauliflower has 5 carbs & 3 fiber, celery has 3 carbs & 2 fiber, broccoli has 6 carbs & 2 fiber, cabbage has 5 carbs & 2 fiber,asparagus has 5 carbs & 3 fiber , mushrooms has 2 carbs & 1 fiber.
some high ones are onions 15 carbs & 3 fiber, rutabaga 11 carbs & 4 fiber, turnip has 8 carbs & 2 fiber.

Some people use total net carbs where you take the fiber off the carbs to get your carb count. Hope this helps

Last edited by grannyto2bear; 01-29-2012 at 08:57 PM.
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #23  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
each of these are for 1 cup: cucumber has 3 carbs, cauliflower has 5 carbs, celery has 3 carbs, broccoli has 6 carbs, cabbage has 5 carbs,asparagus has 5 carbs.
some high ones are onions 15 carbs, rutabaga 11 carbs,

thank you! those are the ones I pretty much stick with but wanted to double check
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #24  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Quote:
thank you! those are the ones I pretty much stick with but wanted to double check
I just edited the food as I added the fiber count as some use the net carbs

Good Luck in the challenge!!

Last edited by grannyto2bear; 01-29-2012 at 09:07 PM.
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi
I am on day 29. These last pounds are very clingy!

There are also carbs in things like garlic. Surprisingly more than you would think, so if you are really tracking the carbs watch that too.

I am enjoying phase 1 much more this time as my dh is doing it too. It has forced me to plan our meals better and I have gotten creative and tried some of the packet recipes.

I am already debating with myself over next dsunday-the superbowl is a huge event for us. Not sure if I can stay op...and unfortunately I don't expect to lose 8 pounds this week!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #26  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

thanks!
Spinach, endive, and bean sprouts. Also nutrient-rich.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #27  

Hi everyone. I haven't been on the boards since Friday, so i had to catch up and find the new thread!

Patns, you had asked where I am from. I'm in SK. I have been ordering from Nashua for a while. The shipping sucks- so does duty, if you get caught- but I only like certain packets, so I'll pay more for stuff I want. I find that if my total order is under $100, I rarely have to pay duty. I also have my stuff shipped via Can post as opposed to Fedex because it's cheaper ($10 or so) and our Fedex office is open stupid hours, so if I miss delivery I have to wait for a day off to go pick up my food.

Congrats to everyone who had a great weekend and is feeling the benefits of it. I know I'm in ketosis now as the cravings are gone- so is my appetite, but I'm forcing in the veggies. I'm down 5 lbs since Wednesday and I'm making Monday my official WI day again.

Have a great day, all.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

k so I was not so good on saturday night. I did eat dinner before we went and I had decided to only have one drink. Well I had more than one... I will NEVER cheat again!!! I got soooo sick! I never got out of bed yesterday. I only had one packet yesterday. (I did lose 2 pounds as of this morning-probably dehydrated) still feel icky today but am again staying OP. I learned my lesson!
Mkssweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, booze and ip just don't seem to mix well. I guess it's hard to handle much on under 1000 calories a day!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

wow this thread is really quiet this afternoon. Hope all are well. It has been a totally OP day!
Mkssweetie is offline   Reply With Quote