Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #46  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
AAAhhhh sigh of relief...to have a place to call home again Thanks wuv for starting the new thread

Woke up with a migraine this morning and i'm also much thirstier than usual..already drank 2½l.

Guess what, naked on my home scale this morning..i was 199.8. Now it doesn't count as i only consider weight on my WI day with my coach's scale but keep your fingers crossed that i get there by saturday with all my clothes on

I have already planned what i'm going to do for myself once i reach 100lbs loss

Have a great day everyone!
How exciting... Not only to be under 200 pounds, but also close to the 100 mark. A double celebration for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Actually, today, as I called mom I promised her the exact same thing, and she is the person I cherish the most in the whole universe, she is the most amazing person and I am blessed having her as my mom, so NO CHEATING - Promise.

I know it is hard, but not impossible.

I WILL DO IT, I promise I will.
You promised and I believe you. Welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I thought you were talking about people on the board until I got to the last question! I guess its been a while since I watched TV.
Me too. Too funny!

Thank you Lisa for starting this thread and congrats on your WI today, very cool indeed!

I can't tell you how nice this new thread is going to be. I've been loosing interest as of late on the daily post because all that is going on there. It's nice to hang out with those who feel like I do. This isn't always easy, but we are all hanging in and really doing amazing. I keep being reminded of the phrase, "You have to walk the walk and talk the talk."
Old 01-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Well actually I put one down for a nap and caught up on Biggest Loser while folding laundry. Lol!

And just so anyone scanning this thread had the wrong impression, you do NOT have to suffer just to stay 100% OP!!!! I just enjoyed my delicious chocolate soy puffs and am now really enjoying 2c of roasted cauliflower that I cooked with salt, olive oil, and some spices. It's delicious, and I don't feel like I'm missing out one bit.
Well said! I'm eating braised cabbage for lunch with 2 oz chicken & an IP packet later. Never thought I would look forward to THAT at lunch, but here we are!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #48  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Love this. Way to go Wuv, what an inspiration. I'm here to be 100% commited and thank-you for starting a thread of positivity for those of us staying OP. I don't even know you, but I sorta feel like I do, and I must say, I am sooo proud of you. Great work girl
After you read what someone writes for so long you begin to know that person through their words. I have become to know quiet a few on here, and enjoy chatting with everyone....Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Thanks for the new thread!!!! And again, Congratulations on the fantastic loss. It's funny how our bodies hang on to the weight for a while then BAM it flies off. I had a couple of low loss weeks, and then pow a big one. Great job. Keep up the good work.
EXACTLY, that is why you can't be disappointed when you have small losses or no losses at all. Its NOTHING you do, its your BODY holding on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
"You have to walk the walk and talk the talk."
AMEN!!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

I can't tell you how nice this new thread is going to be. I've been loosing interest as of late on the daily post because all that is going on there. It's nice to hang out with those who feel like I do. This isn't always easy, but we are all hanging in and really doing amazing. I keep being reminded of the phrase, "You have to walk the walk and talk the talk."
I agree. I thought it was just me. It was getting exhausting reading all the negative posts and thoughts of "how do I cheat and have it not count". Ummmmm you can't. That's how we all got here in the firast place, right? The word that keeps popping in my mind is INTEGRITY. Yes, no one is perfect, but you have to TRY to live with integrity and the intent to do the right thing, whether that be for yourself, or for others.

Ok, off the soapbox.... Enjoy your day!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #50  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

I am happy to see this thread. I have been 100% OP and am 100% committed to stay 100% OP. I look forward to being a part of this thread.

Pamelama - How do you make braised cabbacge? It sounds yummy.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
LOL purple is my favorite color too so for sure it will have lots of purple. They all sound very pretty!

So far i have this picture where i could make it work with what i want written...
I love that!! So pretty. You might have to get it bigger to be able to read what you want it to say, but it is pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
OMG ....Conda is SOOOOO getting on my nerves....lol....she aggravated me MORE than I was already from the post of cheating!!...I am SO glad Gail is gone.....she was a pity party....Who do you think will win?
I'm glad Gail is gone too! She was SO SO getting on my nerves. I was worried about Chris for a minute, I like her. Conda bugs me, but I think she is all talk and attitude because no one's ever stood up to her before, she seems to put the work in, without it she couldn't have lost 10lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
HWMGRL It's good to see you around again! Your stats look fantastic! Way to go!

Oh, I went to Target today, and they had a few WF salad dressings!!!! They're on the very bottom shelf in the salad dressing area, but they're there. I love that more places are starting to carry it.
We have them too here at Wal-Mart, Publix, and the commissary. I've only ever seen the salad dressings, but they're there. Our stores all have them in the refrigerated section so it might be worth checking out there too if you're looking for them elsewhere.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #52  

I want to share my Mantra: If it's to be, it's up to me!

Today has been an unusually hard day for me...my daughter's anniversary was on Monday. She died at birth, my perfect wonderful baby didn't have a chance to take a breath or open her eyes. She was born still at full term due to a knot in the umbilical cord. She would have been 6 years old this year, and as the years go by, the waves don't crash as hard, but once in a while, the tide comes in and it knocks me to my knees.

Today was that day. I was good on Monday, usually around her anniversary I am super busy with my now 5 year old little boy, who brought more joy and healing that he will ever know...and my busy and amazing 10 year old....but I take time to remember her, pause in prayer, and talk about her. And every year, I can count on it now...NOONE calls me, texts me, emails me....NOTHING. My husband of course remembers and holds me as I cry, but not even my mom or my mother in law, phone me or anything. Its hurtful, it's like they have totally forgotten about her. She is their grandchild, they celebrate all of the other grandkids but on this ONE DAY a year, I would like a phone call to say, "I miss her" . I want someone to ask me how I'm doing, tell me they wonder what she would be like, what her personality would be like, and just basically support us in our loss through the years.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I just feel that I needed to talk about it and you all are a safe place for me. I've been spot OP since I restarted and I will continue to be. I don't want to eat....I just want to cry.... and wish my family would remember. But then I remember my mantra "If it's to be, it's up to me". No more feeling sorry for myself, I will continue to remember her everyday and celebrate her anniversary. Life does go on, and she left many many blessings for us. The biggest one was to thank God daily for each blessing and enjoy life. And that is why IP is saving my life, so I can enjoy and LIVE!

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by mompattie; 01-25-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: wanted to say THANKS!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post

Pamelama - How do you make braised cabbacge? It sounds yummy.
It's definitely a "plan ahead" recipe, but soooo worth it.

Preheat oven to 325. Lightly spray large (9x13) baking pan.

Peel off bruised or ragged layers of cabbage. Cut into 8 wedges. Arrange wedged in baking dish without crowding or won't braise. (sometimes I use 2 pans).
Drizzle 1 tbs olive oil over cabbage, add 1/4 cup chicken stock or water to pan. Sprinkle with s&p. Cover tightly with foil or tight fitting lid and bake in oven 1 hour. Turn the cabbage wedges after 1 hour, wedges may fall part when turned. If needed, add a few tbs of water..should not be dry. Replace foil and return to oven.

Bake 35-45 min longer or until really tender. Serve warm or @ room temp. Yummy!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #54  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Ptod bumped it I looked for it yesterday and couldn't find it!!
You know, I use the formula that I'mSvelting devised and Pxlkitty refined, the one at the beginning of the Daily thread, but I just can't get it to work for me. If anyone has any further refinements, boy! they sure would be appreciated. I can't tell you how many times I've looked for the Exercise thread to bump!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

oh mompattie...I can only imagine how you're feeling and yet I know there are no real words to help you have a better day...grief is a tough process...you made me cry, I ache for you...

Old 01-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #56  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Today has been an unusually hard day for me...my daughter's anniversary was on Monday. She died at birth, my perfect wonderful baby didn't have a chance to take a breath or open her eyes. She was born still at full term due to a knot in the umbilical cord. She would have been 6 years old this year, and as the years go by, the waves don't crash as hard, but once in a while, the tide comes in and it knocks me to my knees.

Today was that day. I was good on Monday, usually around her anniversary I am super busy with my now 5 year old little boy, who brought more joy and healing that he will ever know...and my busy and amazing 10 year old....but I take time to remember her, pause in prayer, and talk about her. And every year, I can count on it now...NOONE calls me, texts me, emails me....NOTHING. My husband of course remembers and holds me as I cry, but not even my mom or my mother in law, phone me or anything. Its hurtful, it's like they have totally forgotten about her. She is their grandchild, they celebrate all of the other grandkids but on this ONE DAY a year, I would like a phone call to say, "I miss her" . I want someone to ask me how I'm doing, tell me they wonder what she would be like, what her personality would be like, and just basically support us in our loss through the years.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I just feel that I needed to talk about it and you all are a safe place for me. I've been spot OP since I restarted and I will continue to be. I don't want to eat....I just want to cry.... and wish my family would remember. But then I remember my mantra "If it's to be, it's up to me". No more feeling sorry for myself, I will continue to remember her everyday and celebrate her anniversary. Life does go on, and she left many many blessings for us. The biggest one was to thank God daily for each blessing and enjoy life. And that is why IP is saving my life, so I can enjoy and LIVE!

Thanks for listening.
First I am truly sorry for your loss, second you are a very strong woman to be able to handle this the way that you do, Third you have an angel looking down at you smiling saying "that is my momma, and I am so proud of her" You doing this for yourself is probably the best gift you could ever give yourself.

Feel free to post whatever it is you need to talk about, that is why we are here to help through good time and bad. My dad passed away 15 yrs ago and I told him then that I would lose weight....here I am 15 yrs later doing what I promised him. It took me that long to come to terms with it. I always have him looking down on me and I know that he is very proud of me and the changes I have made in my life. When I reached 100lbs loss I bought an open heart angel charm from Kay's to represent him always being with me.

Be PROUD of yourself, and never forget
Old 01-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #57  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

Wow mompattie, I'm sorry for your loss and your sense of emotional isolation at this time of year.

I was going to post about how stressed I am at work and that I keep repeating "I will stay on plan," and your post helps bring things back into perspective.

Take care.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #58  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post

OK, how about that: I PROMISE not to cheat ever again until I reach my ideal weight of 150 pounds and go through maintenance and arrive to the point where I have a cheat day (phase 4 I think).

Actually, today, as I called mom I promised her the exact same thing, and she is the person I cherish the most in the whole universe, she is the most amazing person and I am blessed having her as my mom, so NO CHEATING - Promise.

I know it is hard, but not impossible.

I WILL DO IT, I promise I will.
I too am going to be on 100% ....... thank you for saying "I know it is hard, but not impossible" - I posted that on my board at work.

We can do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And wuv... you are an inspiration - thank you
Old 01-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #59  

Quote:
OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

THIS just goes to show you that IF you stick to it THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF!!!!!
AGREE! You success is amazing and drives me! I want to be taller, skinner, prettier!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Thanks for listening.
Oh mompattie, I'm tearing up reading your post. I'm so sorry you and your family had to go through that heartbreak. I think it's perfectly fine to remember her and cry. My dear friend went thru something similar (it's been 14 years) and she said it profoundly changed her but gave her a new appreciation of life and "new blessings".

In my extremely humble opinion, I would like to offer that your family hasn't forgotten her. Sometimes people avoid their pain and devastation by not acknowledging it. What's important is what you already said, YOU remember everyday and she is alive in you, your husband and your beautiful children.

God Bless!

Pam
Closed Thread