Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlygirl72 View Post
I have been struggling with my water intake, I mean i like water alot, but the tons of water required has been a little difficult. i do use the Mio, the sweet tea is my fave (I'm a Texas girl)

Anyway, i found a little trick that has helped me ALOT.. i started using a straw! I don't know why, but it makes drinking all that water so much easier. I just wanted to pass the tip just in case some of you are struggling with drinking all that water too.
I find I drink more water if it is room temp than if it is cold. I guess its because I am always cold now....don't wanna drink cold water....lol
Old 01-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #62  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I am beginning to wonder if the body remembers a certain weight and just won't budge, like it gets stubborn or something.
I definitely think it's an issue. My daughter went through that a few weeks ago trying to break past 110 lbs. She had been that weight off and on for several years before she started gaining weight. She finally did break past that number and is now down to 106 lbs (she's very petite and short). Of course now she is dealing with the last six pounds to loose and his having a problem again. I'm starting to think I'm having the same issue trying to get to a weight I haven't been in a very long time. I will really follow my coach's advice this week and only use Stevia as needed and see if it helps.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #63  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Just got back from my weigh in This was my first (after the initial one) and wow, 11 pounds and 4.5 inches! I am really happy about that!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Congrats! Job well done. Keep at it.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #64  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
So this weekend wasn't such a good one, we got snowed in so although the relaxation was nice, all I need was sleep & eat! ahhh, I HATE to cheat because I always go too far, like once I eat one bad thing, it's like why not another? & and from then on, I like go on a binge. Well needless to say it wasn't worth it, I'm now 3lbs heavier ... mix of guilt & i've been blessed with "that time of the month" BUT, I guess we alllllll make mistakes ...it's time to get back on track and move ahead, NO DWELLING. Having to face my IP coach @ WI today is going to be punshiment enough! All that $$, wasted.

Sorry if this post is negative amongst all the postive things you all have going on, but I find it helpful to "confess" so that I can start fresh!

Hope everyone has a skinny day
Keep your chin up. I'm sorry to hear you got snowed in. This is tough. All I can say is just get up dust yourself off and move forward. There's no use beating yourself up because all that will do is make yourself feel worse.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkerchik20 View Post
Good Afternoon Friendly IPers,

It was rough start to my second go at IP, after having been sick for almost a month. my body still doesnt feel normal, so everytime an opportunity came to cheat - i justified it!! my last weigh in i only lost .5 lb and gained inches all over! my IP coach was ready to fire me, but had compassion due to my poor health! So thankful she showed me favor!

So i think i may finally be in ketosis, as i feel more energised and have no appetite, except that i FEEL hungry in my head at the office, but i know its all in my head!

So now that i am where i think i should be - ON TRACK - i have my sisters bachelorette party! I am providing the appetisers and cocktails at the condo, so i find it will be easier for me not to eat those, but when we go out! - I know im not supposed to drink, but what would be the BEST "cheat"??

altho im hoping i can get by without drinking at all! but i give in to peer pressure pretty easy!
Vodka and water

Sometimes it's best to be prepared.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #66  

Quote:

It was rough start to my second go at IP, after having been sick for almost a month. my body still doesnt feel normal, so everytime an opportunity came to cheat - i justified it!! my last weigh in i only lost .5 lb and gained inches all over! my IP coach was ready to fire me, but had compassion due to my poor health! So thankful she showed me favor!

So i think i may finally be in ketosis, as i feel more energised and have no appetite, except that i FEEL hungry in my head at the office, but i know its all in my head!

So now that i am where i think i should be - ON TRACK - i have my sisters bachelorette party! I am providing the appetisers and cocktails at the condo, so i find it will be easier for me not to eat those, but when we go out! - I know im not supposed to drink, but what would be the BEST "cheat"??

altho im hoping i can get by without drinking at all! but i give in to peer pressure pretty easy!
BEST CHEAT?????.......NO CHEAT IS THE BEST CHEAT!!!!!!.....jus sayin
Old 01-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #67  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post
Day 76 and on the home scale I'm within 3.5 lbs of goal...gotta just keep chugging along and staying OP. I was hoping to make goal this Friday so I can switch to P2 but it looks like it's gonna be one more week of P1. Hope everyone is doing well and staying OP!
that's awesome!!! Way to go....I can't wait to be this close...I keep telling myself to take it day by day...I'm so glad to have this forum to help me and keep me from being sooo impatient. Congratulations
Old 01-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #68  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I work from home, don't go anywhere, but now I straighten my hair every day and put on makeup.....I wanna look good for ME!....not like anyone will see me except my son and he laughs at me sometimes because I do that. But I tell him, I am looking good so I wanna FEEL good as well....he just says I know mom, you look amazing....lol
And ya do look great!!!! I hope to be at that point soon, I know I feel much better when I'm putting some time and effort into myself daily. And doing it for ME is exactly right, it can't be for anyone else. Glad to hear that's what you're doing Wuv
Old 01-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 175/142.6/138

Height: 5'5

one week of phase 2 down, 1 more to go. Hard to believe in 3 weeks i will be on maintenance... I hate to admit I'm loosing steam. Its crazy how food holds this power over you (if you let it) and lately i have been letting it. I want all the foods i cannot have. I hope when i am on maintenance i don't go off the deep end haha. A loss of 1.2 lbs this week! Just gotta keep it up a little longer. I can do this! haha

Last edited by LadyDi2010; 01-24-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

okay .... for the first time in my life.....I looked for and bought Talapia fish for dinner tonight. I dont like seafood except for tuna. This is a huge day for me. I like things that fly and walk on dry land. Guess I will broil it with lemon pepper and sea salt.

For those who are writing on here about being dizzy, please take you salt and mag and potassium when recommended, couple times a day, I believe. You are not getting enough electrolites and this can be damaging to your heart and brain.!! Good to take a Tums or alike at night as well.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #71  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi2010 View Post
one week of phase 2 down, 1 more to go. Hard to believe in 3 weeks i will be on maintenance... I hate to admit I'm loosing steam. Its crazy how food holds this power over you (if you let it) and lately i have been letting it. I want all the foods i cannot have. I hope when i am on maintenance i don't go off the deep end haha. A loss of 1.2 lbs this week! Just gotta keep it up a little longer. I can do this! haha
Your little lady bug has such a short distance to travel. You can do it.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo1963 View Post
okay .... for the first time in my life.....I looked for and bought Talapia fish for dinner tonight. I dont like seafood except for tuna. This is a huge day for me. I like things that fly and walk on dry land. Guess I will broil it with lemon pepper and sea salt.

For those who are writing on here about being dizzy, please take you salt and mag and potassium when recommended, couple times a day, I believe. You are not getting enough electrolites and this can be damaging to your heart and brain.!! Good to take a Tums or alike at night as well.
You can also Pan fry it in olive oil with seasoning, comes out really good and you can cook it until its a little crunchy...its yummy!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #73  
ON IP Since November 1

S/C/G: 191/175.6/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:

Hey Rokker Chik! I just wanted to reply to your quote, I think you and I have some simularities with were we started and our goals. I too have been off plan for a month with the holidays and a week in mexico and tomorrow will be my first day back on plan, I have been making excuses all week why I should start tomorrow, just one more day lol... anyway I am out of excuses and tired of feeling bloated. I just wanted to let you know that you should definately try really hard not to drink, but I know how it is and I to give in to the pressure not to mention how many bachelorette parties is your sister going to have, hopefully just one and you want to enjoy yourself. My coach suggested to me if I am going to drink that I drink vodka with club soda and lime and sweeten with my own splenda. I also found that the skinny girl margarita is really good and you can find it almost anywhere. Anyways best of luck at the bachellorette party! You CAN do IT!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 244/231.2/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning Ipeeps,

I would like to start by saying:

Hello, my name is Marissa and I WAS a foodaholic. I was eating all the time. I was always hungry. I craved food all the time. I can finally admit that I had a problem with food. When I would get to work in the morning the first thing that I would do with my co-workers is start and decided what we were going to have for lunch, then I would snack throughout the morning, go have lunch, and snack some more all afternoon, go home eat dinner, and snack more in the evening. No wonder I was at the point I was. And I have to say that ever since I have started this plan I no longer crave food. I know when I am truly hungry becuase my stomach will roar, then I know it is time to eat. I now know the difference between a head hunger and a true hunger. I know that I will always have this problem, but at least I have finally learned how to control it and not let it control me!!!!!!!

With that said, I had WI# 10 and I have lost another 4.8 pounds.
Well said and I agree completely! Feeling in control witht he absence of insane cravings is wonderful, almost better than the weight loss (I said almost! lol) .
Old 01-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 149.6/137/120

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlygirl72 View Post
I have been struggling with my water intake, I mean i like water alot, but the tons of water required has been a little difficult. i do use the Mio, the sweet tea is my fave (I'm a Texas girl)

Anyway, i found a little trick that has helped me ALOT.. i started using a straw! I don't know why, but it makes drinking all that water so much easier. I just wanted to pass the tip just in case some of you are struggling with drinking all that water too.
I agree the water goes down much smoother with the straw!!
Closed Thread