3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The last 10 pounds...or so (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251245-last-10-pounds-so.html)

Momto2cs 01-23-2012 03:05 PM

The last 10 pounds...or so

Hi
I am looking for some other phase 1 ers who are trying to lose the last 10 pounds!
I find it somewhat discouraging to read the daily thread and see all those big losses. I am very happy for the "losers", but the scale is moving very slowly for me now!

I did ip last year and got down to within 5 pounds of my goal. I maintained there until Christmas, and in jan was up about 5.

So I started phase 1 again january 2 looking to lose 13 pound. It is slow going!

I am trying more of the recipes to keep myself interested!

Is anyone else in the same boat?

jennydoodle 01-23-2012 08:51 PM

You might try the "Experienced" thread. Lots of the people in there are nearing the end of their journey and quite a few are getting back on P1 after the holidays to take off the weight gained during that time. I would venture to say that most of the people in there are relatively close to goal.

bisous3 01-23-2012 10:34 PM

Got 5.5 more to go and I feel like I am losing steam... I am starting to dream about carbs at night!

JellyMae87 01-23-2012 10:48 PM

I have a little more than 50 to go. And I am feeling like I've lost some steam as well... I was having so really good losses. But now nothing much in 3 weeks.

wuv2bloved 01-23-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyMae87 (Post 4185610)
I have a little more than 50 to go. And I am feeling like I've lost some steam as well... I was having so really good losses. But now nothing much in 3 weeks.

Your last 3 weeks have been out of your control, once things get back to "normal" things will happen again!

Mom3LoveBugs 01-24-2012 10:38 AM

I have 20 lbs to go and yes, I feel like it is a struggle. I have lost 80 lbs now (28 lbs on IP) the rest by calorie counting and it has been a long road.

kdspirited 01-24-2012 02:32 PM

I am in that same boat. I need to loose 13lbs and it has been very slow for me. A pound or half a pound a week. Its not only hard but expensive as well. I am trying to speed things up by trying to incorporate some excersise

New Englander 01-24-2012 03:16 PM

Ug...I'm not as close as 10 pounds but am expecting it to get much more difficult the closer I get to goal. you just got to keep pluggin' away...think of weeks you did great and try to eat as you did during those weeks...hang in there!!!

Momto2cs 01-24-2012 03:17 PM

I exercise 6 days a week. It is not helping. In fact, my coach insists she thinks I will lose faster if I stop, but I don't want to!

Instead I have added a restricted packet instead of a pudding.

I guess it's all trial and error...

Bellamack 01-24-2012 03:21 PM

Jelly - you are doing amazing... you know I am a slow loser, but believe me the end results are worth it. Not that I am at the end yet, but getting there!

I have 15 -20 lbs to go and yes it is harder to stay focused, but a trip to Ireland the end of march/first week of april is my motivation :)

Trinique125 01-24-2012 05:47 PM

I've been trying to lose the last 20 lbs for the past 10 years

what I have found though is that the less I exercise (when I did WW) the more I would lose.

so you might want to cut back to 3 days a week instead of your usual 6

sometimes we're not feeding our bodies enough and to exercise on top of it causes it to hold on to the fat

good luck

Linden 01-25-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4186643)
I exercise 6 days a week. It is not helping. In fact, my coach insists she thinks I will lose faster if I stop, but I don't want to!

Instead I have added a restricted packet instead of a pudding.

I guess it's all trial and error...

I think you're coach and Trinique are on to something and I'm not convinced it's all trial and error. It's a plan. :D

Momto2cs 01-25-2012 09:11 AM

It just seems wrong somehow that exercising would hinder weight loss so much! What I am burning if I am only eating 900 calories a day and I work out for a hard 60 minutes?

It shows why "exercise and a sensible diet" will never work for most people!

To prove them even more right I skipped yesterday's workout and am suddenly down 2 pounds...

On the body analysis scale my hydration numbers are always very high. Maybe it is water retention form working out...

I want to see a loss this Friday. Maybe I will stay out of the gym until Saturday!

NavyMommy 01-25-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4187714)
I want to see a loss this Friday. Maybe I will stay out of the gym until Saturday!

Do it!! I am really curious to see if it affects it. Personally I haven't started working out yet (I'm on the fence), but if it hinders weight loss early on I can imagine the last few lbs are almost impossible to get off. Please keep us posted!

Mom3LoveBugs 01-25-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

It just seems wrong somehow that exercising would hinder weight loss so much! What I am burning if I am only eating 900 calories a day and I work out for a hard 60 minutes?

To prove them even more right I skipped yesterday's workout and am suddenly down 2 pounds...

On the body analysis scale my hydration numbers are always very high. Maybe it is water retention form working out...

I work out often as well (5-6 days a week) and have cut it back dramatically since it was hindering my losses too much.

Momto2cs 01-25-2012 11:09 AM

Last year I lost 22 pounds in 1 month exercising "as usual"... Or all the time!

It didn't seem to affect me until I got down close to goal. Then I struggled and reassed my goal from 140 to 145.

If I could get back to 145 I would be very happy. This morning I was 153.

Mom3LoveBugs 01-25-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4187984)
Last year I lost 22 pounds in 1 month exercising "as usual"... Or all the time!

It didn't seem to affect me until I got down close to goal. Then I struggled and reassed my goal from 140 to 145.

If I could get back to 145 I would be very happy. This morning I was 153.

same situation for me... I lost weight during the summer because of the boot camps I was in but once I reached a certain point, the scale would not budge. (hence why I started IP)

I am 155 lbs currently and hoping to get to 135 lbs.... long ways to go!

Momto2cs 01-25-2012 01:21 PM

I should clarify-when I lost the 22 pounds I was also doing ip.

I had been exercising intensely for a long time without losing much weight.

The best thing was at 150 I was very muscular from all that hard work, and my body fat was down to 16%.

Last Friday I was 155 and 18%.

SaraBean 02-04-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

I have been having similar issues with working out and not losing weight. I it makes us retain water. I'm interested to see if your results were better this Friday :goodluck:

Beanie Mommy 02-04-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4188282)
I should clarify-when I lost the 22 pounds I was also doing ip.

I had been exercising intensely for a long time without losing much weight.

The best thing was at 150 I was very muscular from all that hard work, and my body fat was down to 16%.

Last Friday I was 155 and 18%.

Wow! 18% body fat is really low. Why would you want to lose more? Sounds like you're really focused on the number on the scale when maybe there isn't hardly anything left to lose other than lean mass. Why would you want to give that up? You should be sooooo proud of yourself for being muscular and having such low body fat! I'm totally jealous! ;) Wish I could ever get there!

FrankB 01-07-2019 02:15 PM

Weight loss is no easy matter. I'm 130 pounds or so overweight at 310 lbs currently, when 180 would
Really be nicer. I dropped from 340 to 290 in only a few months, but have piled back on 20 lbs in just a month. Losing 10 lbs is easy as pie when you've got 100 or more extra pounds and nearly 20 extra inches on your belly. Those first 10 lbs are nothing when you have a ton of fat to start w ith. The last 10 lbs are like Impossible to lose. I reached sort of a plateu going from 340 to 290, could never get below that number. I weigh and measure myself constantly.

The main thing leading to losing 50 lbs was quitting drinking for awhile.the empty calories from booze cause a lot of weight gain. Being stuck at 290-295 for a month plus got me depressed and feeling hopeless so I went back to drinking and quickly put on 20 lbs or so. Time for me to give the vodka sevens a rest. I'll lose like 10 lbs in 2-3 days once I quit for awhile then 10 more pounds soon after and be stuck back at right around 292. That is just where my body settles at, a lot better than the current 310 ! I know exactly where it is going and that getting under 290 is unlikely.

Something along the lines of the last 10 pounds are not even in my thoughts as remotely possible. Ten pounds of fat left is like an unachievable fantasy, I'd gladly accept the fact that I can't lose the last of the blubber and take 190 lbs instead of 180 as a final weight, that is a petty difference ! My doctor has a realistic short term goal of me getting down to 260. I'm afraid to see her next week with the recent 20 lb gain