3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The last 10 pounds...or so (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251245-last-10-pounds-so.html)

Momto2cs 01-23-2012 03:05 PM

The last 10 pounds...or so

Hi
I am looking for some other phase 1 ers who are trying to lose the last 10 pounds!
I find it somewhat discouraging to read the daily thread and see all those big losses. I am very happy for the "losers", but the scale is moving very slowly for me now!

I did ip last year and got down to within 5 pounds of my goal. I maintained there until Christmas, and in jan was up about 5.

So I started phase 1 again january 2 looking to lose 13 pound. It is slow going!

I am trying more of the recipes to keep myself interested!

Is anyone else in the same boat?

jennydoodle 01-23-2012 08:51 PM

You might try the "Experienced" thread. Lots of the people in there are nearing the end of their journey and quite a few are getting back on P1 after the holidays to take off the weight gained during that time. I would venture to say that most of the people in there are relatively close to goal.

bisous3 01-23-2012 10:34 PM

Got 5.5 more to go and I feel like I am losing steam... I am starting to dream about carbs at night!

JellyMae87 01-23-2012 10:48 PM

I have a little more than 50 to go. And I am feeling like I've lost some steam as well... I was having so really good losses. But now nothing much in 3 weeks.

wuv2bloved 01-23-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyMae87 (Post 4185610)
I have a little more than 50 to go. And I am feeling like I've lost some steam as well... I was having so really good losses. But now nothing much in 3 weeks.

Your last 3 weeks have been out of your control, once things get back to "normal" things will happen again!

Mom3LoveBugs 01-24-2012 10:38 AM

I have 20 lbs to go and yes, I feel like it is a struggle. I have lost 80 lbs now (28 lbs on IP) the rest by calorie counting and it has been a long road.

kdspirited 01-24-2012 02:32 PM

I am in that same boat. I need to loose 13lbs and it has been very slow for me. A pound or half a pound a week. Its not only hard but expensive as well. I am trying to speed things up by trying to incorporate some excersise

New Englander 01-24-2012 03:16 PM

Ug...I'm not as close as 10 pounds but am expecting it to get much more difficult the closer I get to goal. you just got to keep pluggin' away...think of weeks you did great and try to eat as you did during those weeks...hang in there!!!

Momto2cs 01-24-2012 03:17 PM

I exercise 6 days a week. It is not helping. In fact, my coach insists she thinks I will lose faster if I stop, but I don't want to!

Instead I have added a restricted packet instead of a pudding.

I guess it's all trial and error...

Bellamack 01-24-2012 03:21 PM

Jelly - you are doing amazing... you know I am a slow loser, but believe me the end results are worth it. Not that I am at the end yet, but getting there!

I have 15 -20 lbs to go and yes it is harder to stay focused, but a trip to Ireland the end of march/first week of april is my motivation :)

Trinique125 01-24-2012 05:47 PM

I've been trying to lose the last 20 lbs for the past 10 years

what I have found though is that the less I exercise (when I did WW) the more I would lose.

so you might want to cut back to 3 days a week instead of your usual 6

sometimes we're not feeding our bodies enough and to exercise on top of it causes it to hold on to the fat

good luck

Linden 01-25-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4186643)
I exercise 6 days a week. It is not helping. In fact, my coach insists she thinks I will lose faster if I stop, but I don't want to!

Instead I have added a restricted packet instead of a pudding.

I guess it's all trial and error...

I think you're coach and Trinique are on to something and I'm not convinced it's all trial and error. It's a plan. :D

Momto2cs 01-25-2012 09:11 AM

It just seems wrong somehow that exercising would hinder weight loss so much! What I am burning if I am only eating 900 calories a day and I work out for a hard 60 minutes?

It shows why "exercise and a sensible diet" will never work for most people!

To prove them even more right I skipped yesterday's workout and am suddenly down 2 pounds...

On the body analysis scale my hydration numbers are always very high. Maybe it is water retention form working out...

I want to see a loss this Friday. Maybe I will stay out of the gym until Saturday!

NavyMommy 01-25-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4187714)
I want to see a loss this Friday. Maybe I will stay out of the gym until Saturday!

Do it!! I am really curious to see if it affects it. Personally I haven't started working out yet (I'm on the fence), but if it hinders weight loss early on I can imagine the last few lbs are almost impossible to get off. Please keep us posted!

Mom3LoveBugs 01-25-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4187714)
It just seems wrong somehow that exercising would hinder weight loss so much! What I am burning if I am only eating 900 calories a day and I work out for a hard 60 minutes?

It shows why "exercise and a sensible diet" will never work for most people!

To prove them even more right I skipped yesterday's workout and am suddenly down 2 pounds...

On the body analysis scale my hydration numbers are always very high. Maybe it is water retention form working out...

I work out often as well (5-6 days a week) and have cut it back dramatically since it was hindering my losses too much.